Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967681 times)

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #7125 on: May 04, 2014, 02:18:32 am »

This post-modern-architecture lark seems to be avoiding me for the time being, though the district council seems to enjoy putting these weird concrete biscuit sculptures around intersections and blocking my vision.
So, yeah. Giant concrete triangles that prevent people from seeing oncoming traffic. Yay.

Rough but functional is always better in my book than fancy and not.

In other news, there seems to be a colony of spiders setting themselves up in my bed. I tried Purging them with enough bug spray to make me feel sick, but they keep coming back. I'm having to squash spiders crawling over my pillow nearly every night now.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7126 on: May 04, 2014, 02:25:40 am »

This post-modern-architecture lark seems to be avoiding me for the time being, though the district council seems to enjoy putting these weird concrete biscuit sculptures around intersections and blocking my vision.
So, yeah. Giant concrete triangles that prevent people from seeing oncoming traffic. Yay.

Rough but functional is always better in my book than fancy and not.

In other news, there seems to be a colony of spiders setting themselves up in my bed. I tried Purging them with enough bug spray to make me feel sick, but they keep coming back. I'm having to squash spiders crawling over my pillow nearly every night now.
Ohhh daaamn that sucks. I haaate spiders. I mean they are cute and all to look at up close, but a lot of them In my bed would be just.. *shudders* Bleh that would be horrible. I feel sorry for you, I hope you can kill them all off.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7127 on: May 04, 2014, 03:56:42 am »

consider moving the colony someplace else

obviously you have a good spider food source in your room and you probably do not want a spider food source in your room

but spiders under your bed aren't desirable either

therefore throw the whole damn thing to the other side of the room and watch your everything be eaten while there are no more directly under your bed because these get eaten too

unless your spiders are some weird anzac shit

in which case, burn it all

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7128 on: May 04, 2014, 04:01:33 am »

~snip~

in which case, burn it all

I would have just gone straight with the burning.

Lord Shonus

• Bay Watcher
  • Angle of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #7129 on: May 04, 2014, 12:40:51 pm »

I went to a hospital and it had a fancy curved waiting room and wooden panelled pillars and all sorts of fancy stuff. And all I could think of was "That money would do better buying medicines and paying doctors, rather than having some fancy panelling." I realise mood effects recovery, but i doubt many patients are seeing the waiting rooms.

So yeah. Rough but functional is always better in my book than fancy and not.

A welcoming, attractive waiting room greatly reduces the general stress levels on patients' families, which is incredibly valuable. Not to mention that the price difference between a suicide-inducingly-bare room and that one probably amounted to 1% of the cost of a CAT scanner or other diagnostic equipment.
On Giant In the Playground and Something Awful I am Gnoman.
Man, ninja'd by a potentially inebriated Lord Shonus. I was gonna say to burn it.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7130 on: May 04, 2014, 01:51:00 pm »

Medical equipment is so expensive that it would not surprise me to hear that the cost of the building itself is dwarfed by the costs of stocking a new hospital.

And the costs of decorating a waiting room is dwarf again by the building as a whole.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7131 on: May 04, 2014, 01:59:55 pm »

Terrifying: in my new job, it's my responsibility to turn a ragtag group of nerds into a sales force. This is because I'm the only one here that's used to high volume sales.

Maaaaan.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #7132 on: May 04, 2014, 02:01:54 pm »

Crush them under your charismatic and hairy heel until it works.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7133 on: May 04, 2014, 02:02:54 pm »

Sounds like someone's gonna need a montage.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7134 on: May 04, 2014, 02:16:03 pm »

So, you're telling me that they'll come up woefully short until the last day of the goal, when I'll disappear on a vision quest, they'll all step up, and I'll come back at the very last second to seal the last sale to barely beat the goal. Sounds about right.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7135 on: May 04, 2014, 04:58:08 pm »

I went to a hospital and it had a fancy curved waiting room and wooden panelled pillars and all sorts of fancy stuff. And all I could think of was "That money would do better buying medicines and paying doctors, rather than having some fancy panelling." I realise mood effects recovery, but i doubt many patients are seeing the waiting rooms.

A welcoming, attractive waiting room greatly reduces the general stress levels on patients' families, which is incredibly valuable. Not to mention that the price difference between a suicide-inducingly-bare room and that one probably amounted to 1% of the cost of a CAT scanner or other diagnostic equipment.

I would be inclined to say decor may have a massive, if subtle, effect on a variety of people-related things in a hospital.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7136 on: May 04, 2014, 06:13:15 pm »

I am glad to live in a small town built in the 1700s. No post-modern architecture here, nothing but classy stone or brick buildings.
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7137 on: May 04, 2014, 06:16:11 pm »

This actually makes sense. I also used to think those fancy rooms were a waste and basically just showing off wealth.

Well they still do have that "showing off wealth" vibe. Most hospitals/clinics should probably get a new interior decorator. But spending some money on making it comfortable does now make sense.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

majikero

• Bay Watcher
  • Poi~
    • View Profile
« Reply #7138 on: May 04, 2014, 06:23:09 pm »

The lobby of the hospital my grandmother goes to has nice colorful comfy chairs now so yes, I agree that nice comfortable looking places is a good thing in hospitals. 

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #7139 on: May 04, 2014, 06:24:19 pm »

I don't think I will ever be used to working a cash register. I always feel like the manager is boiling with rage for me underneath his good-natured explaining about lunch menus and grill orders and clocking in, out and around.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.
Pages: 1 ... 474 475 [476] 477 478 ... 1420