Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1966262 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #7035 on: April 22, 2014, 06:08:42 am »

I'm with Bauglir on this one.  I can't stand it when people refuse to digest and acknowledge basic truths about their lives.  If you know you couldn't accept it, then you should find a way to change, not ignore it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7036 on: April 22, 2014, 06:17:20 am »

I still wonder why are you so put off by slaughterhouses. You should see Russian hospitals, now that's unsanitary.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7037 on: April 22, 2014, 06:27:03 am »

It's not so much about being unsanitary, more the cruelty involved.
Cattle live their entire lives as meat as opposed to living creatures, whereas humans spend as little time in hospitals as they can manage.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7038 on: April 22, 2014, 06:43:40 am »

Cattle live their entire lives as meat as opposed to living creatures, whereas humans spend as little time in hospitals as they can manage.
Cattle are meat. Living meat, but meat.
The only criticism I have of cattle is that we need to kill more of them and bring their population down, but that can't happen until Murrica changes their staple food from meat to something else. It could probably still be meat, even beef to poultry would be better.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7039 on: April 22, 2014, 06:53:26 am »

Most people on Earth live their entire lives as wage slaves of huge corporations in tiny concrete cubicles in pollution-choked cities. And if you want cruelty, just wait until a revolution/war/regime change breaks out.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7040 on: April 22, 2014, 06:55:08 am »

Most people on Earth live their entire lives as wage slaves of huge corporations in tiny concrete cubicles in pollution-choked cities. And if you want cruelty, just wait until a revolution/war/regime change breaks out.

Unlikely, our overlords know very well what they're doing.
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7041 on: April 22, 2014, 06:58:34 am »

Creating magma fountains and lead crafts for the mountainhome.

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #7042 on: April 22, 2014, 07:00:22 am »

I find THAT unlikely.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7043 on: April 22, 2014, 07:21:31 am »

Neither of those points are applicable in the slightest.
I will grant you that people who willingly submit to being wage slaves are little more than cattle, but they still benefit from their role. And war is cruelty done by people to other people, both sides suffer and have the opportunity to retaliate.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7044 on: April 22, 2014, 09:04:46 am »

I will grant you that people who willingly submit to being wage slaves are little more than cattle, but they still benefit from their role. And war is cruelty done by people to other people, both sides suffer and have the opportunity to retaliate.
It's fitting that these sentiments appear in the thread del terror.

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #7045 on: April 22, 2014, 10:33:11 am »

I will grant you that people who willingly submit to being wage slaves are little more than cattle, but they still benefit from their role.
But they get way worse health care (at least in America).
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7046 on: April 22, 2014, 11:46:31 am »

Vegevangelist detected.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

Oh, wait. You're serious.
HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

[/meme]

Anyway, no, I eat meat all the time. It is delicious. If you haven't tried it for some reason, I highly endorse steak tartare.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7047 on: April 22, 2014, 11:58:30 am »

[/meme]

THE REDUNDANCE
THIS KILLS THE LOUD WHISPERS
JUST MAKE A JOKE
YOU CAN DO IT WITHOUUUT THE MEEEEEEMES

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #7048 on: April 22, 2014, 01:11:10 pm »

Anyway, no, I eat meat all the time. It is delicious. If you haven't tried it for some reason, I highly endorse steak tartare.
My vegetable stir fry is much more delicious than any steak ever could be.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #7049 on: April 22, 2014, 01:19:44 pm »

Bah. You'll never top raw meat + raw egg + raw onion. NEVER!

Okay that's probably not actually true, but it is awfully delicious. Easily the best train to Salmonella Town.
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.
Pages: 1 ... 468 469 [470] 471 472 ... 1420