Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965859 times)

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6900 on: April 01, 2014, 01:18:22 pm »

... How could a person be that jerkish?
Is that an April Fool's joke?
What do you mean? If he ran over a first grader with a bike and didn't even stop to ask if the kid was okay, that's kind of jerky.
I am implying that your asking of "how could a person be that jerkish" (emphasis mine) is either indicating that you are making a (poor) attempt at humour, or indicating that you lack sufficient exposure to humanity in general and your comment comes across and laughably naive.

Your followup response and profile age (if correct) would seem to point toward the latter explanation.

... I don't get it either...
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Ochita

• Bay Watcher
  • Doofus ghostus
    • View Profile
« Reply #6901 on: April 01, 2014, 01:20:27 pm »

Yeah. I still remember uh. Falling over backwards, slamming my head against the side of a sink, then the actual wall the sink was on. So yeah.
I didn't break the sink or anything so I guess Im not headcore.
Quote from: Freeform
princest zaldo of hurl kindom: the mushroom aren't going to choice itself, ochita

Sinlessmoon

• Bay Watcher
  • [Trollinging Intensifies]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6902 on: April 01, 2014, 02:33:11 pm »

I got a couple of scars... I had one of those bunkbed firetruck beds... It came with a fire extinguisher and had a wheel in the bed as well. One day the wheel came off and one morning unexpectedly I jolted awake and smashed my head into the exposed bolt, leaving a hole the size of it which was about quarter sized fairly deep. Funny thing was, I was rubbing my head then my eyes and I thought my eyes were bleeding until I rubbed my head again. Then when I realized that I was bleeding a fair bit I ran into the bathroom where my dad was about to get into the shower and exclaimed "MY HEAD IS BLEEDING" queue shocked look.

Another slightly better time was when I ran into the corner of a pillar pinky toe first causing a significantly deep wound in it. I still have the scar to this day. Also I ripped up my chin skin something fierce when I fell a couple feet chin first into a playground slide while playing grounders.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6903 on: April 01, 2014, 02:38:49 pm »

I had a scar on the side of my foot which has since healed. But it went all the way from toe to heel. I have no idea how i got it, and neither do my parents.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6904 on: April 01, 2014, 03:36:24 pm »

I've given my arm a second degree sunburn, did a backflip off a swingset and landed on my face, had a chunk of asphalt smash into my forehead, and sliced two fingers nearly to the bone. And head wounds always bleed profusely, because the skin is so thin, and it has plenty of blood vessels.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6905 on: April 01, 2014, 03:37:06 pm »

... How could a person be that jerkish?
Is that an April Fool's joke?
What do you mean? If he ran over a first grader with a bike and didn't even stop to ask if the kid was okay, that's kind of jerky.
I am implying that your asking of "how could a person be that jerkish" (emphasis mine) is either indicating that you are making a (poor) attempt at humour, or indicating that you lack sufficient exposure to humanity in general and your comment comes across and laughably naive.

Your followup response and profile age (if correct) would seem to point toward the latter explanation.
Tsk. I wasn't doing either of those. It's a figure of speech. Synonymous with "Why would he do that?"

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
  • Consider avatar too slim until end of diet.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6906 on: April 01, 2014, 04:04:05 pm »

I remember kicking a door in my school so hard it flew off its hinges in several chunks. The problem was that right behind the door, there were our principal, superintendent and my math teacher.

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6907 on: April 01, 2014, 04:42:36 pm »

Comparing scars? I got a winner here...

Few years ago I spilled some hot oil on my right hand, burning area from first knuckles on index finger to thumb to my wrist. That's almost half of the back of my hand covered in >200°C oil causing second and third degree burns. Unfortunately I had thin vinyl gloves on, which melted and mixed with the burned tissue and made it really painfull to cut out since there were thin strands of vinyl extending through the whole burned area.
Scar's mostly faded now, there's just slightly darker area there.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6908 on: April 01, 2014, 04:55:46 pm »

Few years ago I spilled some hot oil on my right hand, burning area from first knuckles on index finger to thumb to my wrist. That's almost half of the back of my hand covered in >200°C oil causing second and third degree burns. Unfortunately I had thin vinyl gloves on, which melted and mixed with the burned tissue and made it really painfull to cut out since there were thin strands of vinyl extending through the whole burned area.
Pics?

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6909 on: April 01, 2014, 05:11:00 pm »

Pics?
Didn't think of taking pics then, now all that's there is dark spot in the middle of the old burned area little bigger than my thumb.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

Knit tie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6910 on: April 01, 2014, 05:15:56 pm »

Did you get skin grafts or it just healed by itself?

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6911 on: April 01, 2014, 05:37:40 pm »

One operation to dig out the vinyl chunks and strech the skin to cover that area, rest healed to normal in about year. Can't get pics with cellphone camera, flash makes skin glow and covers the mark.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6912 on: April 01, 2014, 05:41:29 pm »

One operation to dig out the vinyl chunks and strech the skin to cover that area, rest healed to normal in about year. Can't get pics with cellphone camera, flash makes skin glow and covers the mark.
I don't think I would trust anything that made my skin glow.

I do know what you mean, but I prefer to imagine your hand glows green for a short time after the picture.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6913 on: April 01, 2014, 05:49:43 pm »

He could use a polaroid but the flash makes teeth emerge from his hand.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Mindmaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6914 on: April 01, 2014, 05:55:24 pm »

Was quite worried after getting 3 calls from an unknown caller, which I couldn't get because I was in a university seminar.
It was probably an april fool prank (a pretty tasteless one if you ask me), but it made me worry that something might have happened.

Can't even think of a person who has my number and would do that.
Pages: 1 ... 459 460 [461] 462 463 ... 1420