Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965515 times)

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6825 on: March 27, 2014, 07:15:11 pm »

Is that the same Metro as Metro 2033?

I was thinking of trying it ('s been in me Steam library for months now) but I tend to get scared real fast >.>

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6826 on: March 27, 2014, 07:26:38 pm »

It is. Metro 2033 is a very, very good game. It can also be very freaky at points. Still, I recommend trying it. It's not exactly a horror game so the scares tend to be secondary. It's also got a good plot and good gameplay. Metro Last Light is more stylish but the gameplay isn't quite as strong and it isn't quite as difficult. I imagine it will follow the Mass Effect method (1st is rough but sets things up, 2nd is cinematic thus drawing people in but lacks strong gameplay, 3rd... well, in this case, it would try to do everything good) and have the third one be the really good one.

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6827 on: March 27, 2014, 07:31:56 pm »

I personally felt last light had tighter gameplay as well as better production values. I love them both though. But the first game is kinda flaky and feels cheap in a few areas as far as sound design and production goes. Still worth playing. Both though however lack a certain charm that the Stalker games had and they don't.

Even without that they're great. Anyone who can't like those games might not actually like the FPS genre.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6828 on: March 27, 2014, 07:38:00 pm »

I've heard Stalker is really good. Would you recommend it?
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6829 on: March 27, 2014, 07:41:46 pm »

I tried one of the two. Had a real good feel/setting at first, but then I kinda lost it when I was running from two dozen rabid beasts only to get killed by some sort of faery/whirlwind thing.

Everybody else here will say it is awesome though :P

itisnotlogical

• Bay Watcher
  • might be dat boi
    • View Profile
« Reply #6830 on: March 27, 2014, 07:42:12 pm »

Playing WoW with view distance set super low. I went on my first long distance flight and everything around me immediately disappeared into purple fog. I'm not exceptionally afraid of heights, but it genuinely made me afraid that I was going to fall.
This game is Curtain Fire Shooting Game.
Girls do their best now and are preparing. Please watch warmly until it is ready.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6831 on: March 27, 2014, 07:43:46 pm »

I personally felt last light had tighter gameplay as well as better production values. I love them both though. But the first game is kinda flaky and feels cheap in a few areas as far as sound design and production goes. Still worth playing. Both though however lack a certain charm that the Stalker games had and they don't.

Even without that they're great. Anyone who can't like those games might not actually like the FPS genre.

I do find it has tighter gameplay, but I'm not sure if I'm a fan of how the difficulty went. It's hard to actually run out of ammo and medkits are hardly needed this time around, plus I hear from my brother that Ranger Mode took a step down in quality. However, I still love the game and think it's one of the best games of 2013. I think I would agree with the lack of charm: I've never felt scared to go on in Metro, though I have been creeped out. Stalker does an excellent job of feeling like you are not wanted here and that the world really does not revolve around you, while Metro (Being the story-based game) kinda lacks that.

I've heard Stalker is really good. Would you recommend it?
I recommend it highly. One of my favorite games. Funnily enough, developed by the same guys who did Metro (Sort of, they're the same people but not the same company). It can be clunky in parts and you really cannot get the whole game out of it without a patch from the modders, but once you get it working it's a wonderful game.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6832 on: March 27, 2014, 08:10:43 pm »

I've only played Stalker SoC, but I might pick up CoP for the Misery mod.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6833 on: March 27, 2014, 08:34:08 pm »

HIGHLY recommend all the STALKER games. Highly. Again, some mods are needed, and the difficulty is really at it's highest during the first 30 minutes to an hour, depending on your skill, for me at least. Usually when I pick up a longer range weapon, people start taking detours around me. I'm currently having fond memories of a fully upgraded SVD in Clear Sky. At any range that mattered, it was dead on the crosshairs. Anything beyond that, the AI couldn't actually shoot back.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Gunner-Chan

• Bay Watcher
  • << IT'S TIME >>
    • View Profile
« Reply #6834 on: March 27, 2014, 09:12:03 pm »

Yes, play stalker. Despite what people tell you they're great even unmodded. If fiddly. It's not hard to find a tuning up mod that suits whatever your tastes are for all 3 entries of the series if you go looking around though.

Also if you play the original stalker please remember, when it comes to directions the translator was high or something. Basement/cellar always means attic, attic always means cellar.
Diamonds are combustable, because they are made of Carbon.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6835 on: March 27, 2014, 09:12:03 pm »

So I just tried 2033.
Definitely 3spooky5me. Also I don't like ranged fps vs melee units >.>

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6836 on: March 27, 2014, 10:00:19 pm »

So the sky is currently doing this.
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6837 on: March 27, 2014, 11:29:33 pm »

One more very high recommendation here for the Stalker series.  Fantastic, lovingly crafted games in every aspect, and an unforgettable experience.  Also one of the best modding communities, which has put more work than I've ever seen with any other game (even Dwarf Fortress) to polish up every gameplay and engine quirk, without detracting from the character of the game.  I got sucked into the Stalker series for over a year, during which I hardly played any other games.  It's just so immersive.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6838 on: March 28, 2014, 12:34:15 am »

Okay I'm jealous because lightning is so cool and that's all cloud lightning. Bolt/ground lightning is terrifying as shit.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #6839 on: March 28, 2014, 12:58:29 am »

... why isn't this in the happy thread, exactly?

Your pretty video of electrofury reminded me it's been a darn long time since I've been in a proper thunderstorm... kinda' miss it, now that I notice the lack.

Okay I'm jealous because lightning is so cool and that's all cloud lightning. Bolt/ground lightning is terrifying as shit.
Ground lightning is also awesome and wonderful, so long as it's not hitting anything important or particularly flammable. The thought of (near) instant electric death is somewhat troublesome, but A) Awesome way to go, and B) It's still incredibly beautiful. After the first one hits and the sound of a strike stops startling you, it's even a really neat noise ♫
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.
Pages: 1 ... 454 455 [456] 457 458 ... 1420