Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965434 times)

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6795 on: March 18, 2014, 03:35:09 pm »

I'm grabbing MISERY 2.0 as we speak, so I'll never see the ending for this game. And I know for a fact that at least in Clear Sky, bloodsuckers are invulnerable while cloaked. I emptied an entire 12-shot clip of buckshot into one at close range and it did jack, compared to a single shell while uncloaked.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6796 on: March 18, 2014, 03:59:03 pm »

I found shotguns severely underwhelming in S.O.C as well. Skipped straight from pistol to the Viper. Shotguns aren't worth the extra weight, I reckon.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6797 on: March 18, 2014, 04:04:28 pm »

Well, by that point I had a Goldfish artifact and a Exoskeleton with relief straps and a backpack, so weight wasn't really an issue for me. My max weight is something like 130 kg? Add two Shell artifacts and I can run indefinitely. I got really lucky with artifacts this run.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6798 on: March 18, 2014, 11:18:53 pm »

Working on the materials list for my game. Why is this terrifying?

Blargle. So nervous. Don't want to screw this up.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6799 on: March 19, 2014, 01:59:29 am »

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6800 on: March 19, 2014, 02:02:28 am »

This is for you, Sirus
Good then it happened next to the high-quality auto repair centre over on the left of the pic.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6801 on: March 19, 2014, 02:06:02 am »

Okay, I thought bloodsuckers in Clear Sky were scary, but they're goddam nightmares in Call of Pripyat. Seemingly invincible while cloaked, they run circles around you all the while the only thing letting you know they're there is the sound of heavy breathing and a pair of glowing eyes. Nope nope nope nope.

I believe they are actually invincible while invisible in one of the S.T.A.L.K.E.R games. After checking, yup, they take no damage while cloaked in Clear Sky. Though this isn't the case in Shadow of Chernobyl or Call of Pripyat, but they're tougher in CoP.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Beast Tamer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
There is currently a minor problem in that the veteran demons fighting in the corpse factory have failed to die in the 2 year battle and have become legendary unkillable gods of war. I may have misjudged this possible outcome.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6803 on: March 22, 2014, 05:00:24 pm »

Why do I share this hallway with 15 other people Dx!?

This is literally killing me. I haven't seen the kitchen in weeks since there's always people there >.>

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6804 on: March 23, 2014, 07:10:27 am »

Please don't let social anxiety starve you to death, Dutchling.
I don't even mean this in a joking or light-hearted way, I know how bad that can get and sympathise completely. :(
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6805 on: March 23, 2014, 07:50:39 am »

Eat at 4am. Problem solved.

Hay, I even put together my bed at that time of day!
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6806 on: March 23, 2014, 10:40:29 am »

Scratching an itch on my leg, I accidentally hit a mole that's been on my leg for as long as I can remember(about 20 years). It felt a little sensitive, and I'm not sure if that's normal. So far I've never had any cause for alarm with it, and doctors haven't mentioned it. It hasn't grown bigger or anything like that.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6807 on: March 23, 2014, 12:44:47 pm »

Argh, I don't know what the hell is happening to me. It's getting worse.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned yesterday that my eyes had been 'weeping' a lot- I doubt that's the correct term, since what I actually meant is that they were producing a lot of sleep (y'know, that gunk stuff you usually wake up with in your eyes), enough to be visible. I've been sick for a few days with mild cold/flu symptoms, mostly a sore throat but a brief fever too, and a runny/blocked nose.

I went up to visit my mother yesterday, not paying my eyes' weirdness much attention since they occasionally do weird stuff, but it kept up. For most of the day my eyelashes were all gunked down, and my eyes red and irritated as though I was getting a sty.
I figured once I got home, out of the wind and whatever, they'd get over it. But it just seems to be getting worse...
I lay down in bed and slept for a while, but kept waking up due to the amount of stuff coating my eyes, sticking them shut and leaving hard ridges all over my eyelids. I'm pretty sure it's not too unusual for people to occasionally wake up with their eyelids gummed together with sleep, but I have certainly never had it on this level.

I just got up out of bed, only able to open my right eye partially, got a damp sponge and went into the bathroom to try and clean them.
I was greeted with a horrifying sight in the mirror: both my eyes caked with yellow gunk, the right one squinting angrily out from a tiny gap between the eyelids. Anyway, I did my best to clean them up with the sponge and got most of the stuff off, but I'm pretty sure I can feel more accumulating as I type this.
If this keeps up I think I'll have to go see a doctor tomorrow. :-\
Has anyone ever experienced anything similar?
Booze is Life for Yoink

flame99

• Bay Watcher
  • Lady Stardust & her songs of darkness and disgrace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6808 on: March 23, 2014, 12:54:04 pm »

My best guess would be pink eye, but that seems a little extreme for most cases of it. Here's hoping you get better soon!
It/its, they/them, in order of preference.

Not gay as in happy, queer as in fuck you.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6809 on: March 23, 2014, 12:57:03 pm »

Thanks, so do I. :(
I don't really want to go back to sleep while this is going on, or I'll risk having my eyes caked completely shut again. I just cleaned off a fresh batch of gunk, too... to be honest I'm probably just getting sick because of the terrible diet and hygiene standards I've had lately.
Booze is Life for Yoink

Pages: 1 ... 452 453 [454] 455 456 ... 1420