Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965084 times)

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6750 on: March 15, 2014, 02:17:42 am »

False. There is absolutely zero rap worth listening to.
As for your second point, I've thankfully never been subjected to the terrible commercial stuff you Americans have been subjected to, but just listen to the gospel songs in this recording. That is certainly "worth listening to", despite the Christian focus of its lyrics.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6751 on: March 15, 2014, 02:30:09 am »

False. There is absolutely zero rap worth listening to.
Oh, I'm sure I'm going to love your reasoning behind this.
As for your second point, I've thankfully never been subjected to the terrible commercial stuff you Americans have been subjected to, but just listen to the gospel songs in this recording. That is certainly "worth listening to", despite the Christian focus of its lyrics.
Lasted about one minute, that's pretty terrible. Even country has a wider focus than gospel. Gospel is literally centered around why you need the homoerotic undertones love of one dead guy.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6752 on: March 15, 2014, 02:42:38 am »

Lasted about one minute, that's pretty terrible. Even country has a wider focus than gospel. Gospel is literally centered around why you need the homoerotic undertones love of one dead guy.

Well, in that case you're a fucking moron- doubly so since the first songs weren't even gospel. :) Try from 0:45.
And if you need a reason as to why rap is terrible, clearly you've never listened to it. It's a bunch of loud synthetic beats and some meathead(s) talking really fast into a microphone. As if the whole sound of it wasn't bad enough, then you have the lyrical content which glorifies stupidity and violence.
So, songs about mistreating women, shooting people and contributing to economic imbalance, or songs with homoerotic undertones, which is worse? At least the latter category has decent musical accompaniment to go along with the dopey lyrics.
Booze is Life for Yoink

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6753 on: March 15, 2014, 02:49:08 am »

Well, in that case you're a fucking moron- doubly so since the first songs weren't even gospel. :) Try from 0:45.
Firstly, that's uncalled for and if you insult me again I'm reporting you. Secondly, what's before 0:45 isn't exactly a song.
And if you need a reason as to why rap is terrible, clearly you've never listened to it. It's a bunch of loud synthetic beats and some meathead(s) talking really fast into a microphone. As if the whole sound of it wasn't bad enough, then you have the lyrical content which glorifies stupidity and violence.
So, generalizing, generalizing, and generalizing?
So, songs about mistreating women, shooting people and contributing to economic imbalance, or songs with homoerotic undertones, which is worse? At least the latter category has decent musical accompaniment to go along with the dopey lyrics.
That's about what I figured you'd say. There are a lot of shitty songs in all genres, but if you think that's what all rap is like you should probably try to broaden your experience on the matter.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6754 on: March 15, 2014, 02:52:50 am »

Woah guys. This thread's about stuff that makes you shit your pants in fear, not out of anger. All I've got to say is music is nothing but subjective choice and please, please take it to PM's if you need to continue.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6755 on: March 15, 2014, 02:54:15 am »

Peter Fox is a pretty good rap... I don't want to say ist, but rap*per* sounds weird?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6756 on: March 15, 2014, 02:57:12 am »

Woah guys. This thread's about stuff that makes you shit your pants in fear, not out of anger. All I've got to say is music is nothing but subjective choice and please, please take it to PM's if you need to continue.
If anyone ever was so angry they shit their pants I'd guess people would be terrified of them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6757 on: March 15, 2014, 02:59:13 am »

Very true. Now I'm going to be a terrifying sight tomorrow if I don't make it to bed right now.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6758 on: March 15, 2014, 03:19:50 am »

I'm gonna stop butting my head against a brick wall and go change my underwear.

Edit: Also, rap without the factors that make rap terrible would no longer be referred to as rap.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2014, 03:35:37 am by Yoink »
Booze is Life for Yoink

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6759 on: March 15, 2014, 04:35:02 am »

Peter Fox is a pretty good rap... I don't want to say ist, but rap*per* sounds weird?
Compromise. Say 'raper'.

He's cool; do you know Seeed?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6760 on: March 15, 2014, 06:07:48 am »

I know OF Seeed...
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #6761 on: March 15, 2014, 06:18:52 am »

Compromise. Say 'raper'.

He's cool; do you know Seeed?
I'm pretty sure raper is an archaic form of rapist.
Unless that is the point and I'm being an idiot who don't get jokes.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #6762 on: March 15, 2014, 11:18:38 am »

I'm gonna stop butting my head against a brick wall and go change my underwear.

Edit: Also, rap without the factors that make rap terrible would no longer be referred to as rap.

Try MC Chris.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6763 on: March 15, 2014, 12:29:54 pm »

I know OF Seeed...
Take a look (listen?) at Dickes B. THE Berlin song.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6764 on: March 15, 2014, 02:08:14 pm »

I know OF Seeed...
Take a look (listen?) at Dickes B. THE Berlin song.
Peter Fox is a part of Seeed, and I wish I learned that sooner than I did.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 449 450 [451] 452 453 ... 1420