Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964449 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6600 on: February 18, 2014, 08:09:28 am »

My dad asked me to unscrew the back framey bit for one of our flats screens, so I did.
I tried to pry it off (and failed, the input board on the bottom right corner garanteed that) and later discovered that I had a cut on each middle finger thanks to said prying.

Kind of like how a week or so ago when I helped remove the tiles in preparation for our upcoming kitchen renovation, I found afterwards i had nicks and cuts all over my arms and neck.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6601 on: February 18, 2014, 01:33:14 pm »

When you're cruising down the highway and are suddenly assaulted with alarm buzzers and flashing "STOP" lights on your dashboard, that tends to scare you just a bit O_o

Thankfully it was a minor problem; I had accidentally hit a switch which allowed the fifth wheel to move freely, and since its a switch I had never used I didn't catch the problem right away. Once I re-locked the fifth wheel, everything worked much better.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6602 on: February 18, 2014, 07:32:53 pm »

My mom was complaining that her computer wasn't working. Every time she tried to turn it on it would do nothing. After unplugging and then plugging everything back in I tried to turn it back on.

Smoke came out and it smelled like crap. I thought for sure that a capacitor had blown or something and quickly shut it down.

It was burning dust; the damned thing hadn't been cleaned in years, and the insides looked like a dust bunny orgy. I cleaned it and it works fine now, but I have never seen a computer that dirty before.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6603 on: February 18, 2014, 08:05:06 pm »

My mom was complaining that her computer wasn't working. Every time she tried to turn it on it would do nothing. After unplugging and then plugging everything back in I tried to turn it back on.

Smoke came out and it smelled like crap. I thought for sure that a capacitor had blown or something and quickly shut it down.

It was burning dust; the damned thing hadn't been cleaned in years, and the insides looked like a dust bunny orgy. I cleaned it and it works fine now, but I have never seen a computer that dirty before.
Definitely busted the flux capacitor. You've got to be careful when you run anywhere up to 1.21 Gigawatts of energy into a computer

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6604 on: February 18, 2014, 08:13:07 pm »

Sounds like a great name for a snowboarding shop, artisanal cocaine, or Swiss hair metal band.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6605 on: February 18, 2014, 11:23:28 pm »

When you're cruising down the highway and are suddenly assaulted with alarm buzzers and flashing "STOP" lights on your dashboard, that tends to scare you just a bit O_o

Thankfully it was a minor problem; I had accidentally hit a switch which allowed the fifth wheel to move freely, and since its a switch I had never used I didn't catch the problem right away. Once I re-locked the fifth wheel, everything worked much better.
So I guess you just got your motor running and headed out on the highway, looking for a little adventure and whatever came your way, so switches weren't really on your mind?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6606 on: February 19, 2014, 12:04:09 am »

He's gonna make it happen, take the world in a love embrace. Sirus'll fire all of his guns at once and explode into space.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Iceblaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% less in-jokes!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6607 on: February 19, 2014, 05:07:49 am »

Oh god not even half way done moving text from Bay12 to FiMFiction.

I'm not sure if I should be terrified or wtfing, but I feel this fits in here better :P

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6608 on: February 19, 2014, 03:54:47 pm »

He's gonna make it happen, take the world in a love embrace. Sirus'll fire all of his guns at once and explode into space.
I always felt this song would make an excellent background music to a video game cinematic, where the action in the cinematic mirrors the lyrics.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6609 on: February 19, 2014, 05:59:45 pm »

No exploding into space today, I appear to be genuinely sick  :'(

Stomach still bothering me, no appetite despite eating nothing today, a sore, dry throat that not even water helps, I feel dizzy when I move around too much, and I might have a fever. My only meds are Nyquil and ibuprofen. What do?

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6610 on: February 19, 2014, 06:18:46 pm »

Sounds like it sucks. If I were in that position I'd probably do what I could to keep the fever down: don't don't totally bundle up, use an anti-fever medicine like the ibuprofen, keep downing those fluids, try to eat something. Do as little as possible. I find that Youtube LPs are excellent paired with a couch, blanket, pillow, and huge glass of water.

Hope you feel better Sirus :/
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6611 on: February 19, 2014, 06:23:01 pm »

Any opinion on what food to try and eat? There...really aren't a lot of options here :/

And thanks, I hope so too :/

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6612 on: February 19, 2014, 06:29:54 pm »

Dunno if it's good advice, but when my stomach's a bit wonky I tend to gravitate towards dry snacky foods, like pretzels or crackers or dry toast. Combine with non-milk-or-sugar-based drinks. Hot tea is nicest, though maybe not if you have a fever.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6613 on: February 19, 2014, 06:33:48 pm »

I think a lot of times if you relax and imagine what kind of food would feel really good, you're on the right track. Sometimes I totally just start jonesing for some fruit and I go to eat a pear and BAM suddenly I feel much better. If you can't figure it out, try just eating stuff that's easy for you to digest and won't cause too many problems.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #6614 on: February 19, 2014, 10:20:38 pm »

Oh god not even half way done moving text from Bay12 to FiMFiction.

I'm not sure if I should be terrified or wtfing, but I feel this fits in here better :P

Porting text from Bay12 to Fimfiction? What is this, a fortress of ponies? :P

Disappointed I didn't find anything in the featured box, now. This is relevant to my interests.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 439 440 [441] 442 443 ... 1420