Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964242 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6135 on: December 13, 2013, 02:39:46 am »

My dumbphone bill is only supposed to be $30, but my provider charges me $8 extra just to have caller-ID. Without it I can't even see the name of the person calling, even if they are in my contact list.
Your provider is dicks.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6136 on: December 13, 2013, 11:11:34 am »

I've shocked friends, professors, and fellow employees alike for having a dumbphone. The fact that society has so accepted the whole "get bent over by phone providers so you can play with your little touchscreen thing" is a wee bit scary to me.

I've opted instead to get a crappy little tablet at a sixth of the cost of a modern phone. How much are you paying in hardware just to be able to accept phone calls, anyways?
Nothing, usually. I usually opt for the free-with-contract phone. The one I'm currently on cost less than a crappy tablet ($99) and is generally faster.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6137 on: December 13, 2013, 11:15:41 am »

So I got today's assignment. The same store as yesterday. Same store I was stuck at for two hours with a damaged tire. Same store it took twice as long as normal to drive home from. Oh, and today's Friday the 13th.

;_____;
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6138 on: December 13, 2013, 07:01:22 pm »

So I got today's assignment. The same store as yesterday. Same store I was stuck at for two hours with a damaged tire. Same store it took twice as long as normal to drive home from. Oh, and today's Friday the 13th.

;_____;
Don't worry, I'm sure any machete wielding maniacs out there are way below your power levels.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6139 on: December 13, 2013, 09:55:41 pm »

;_____;
Don't worry, I'm sure any machete wielding maniacs out there are way below your power levels.
IT'S UNDER 9000!!!!!

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6140 on: December 14, 2013, 06:36:38 pm »

I just fell off the bed, and my glasses slid off of my head, and the side part of them (the part that goes over your ear, not sure what it's called) pointed straight up, and the tip of it touched my eyelid before I stopped myself from falling any farther.

I came so close to becoming a pirate right there.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #6141 on: December 14, 2013, 06:39:19 pm »

I just fell off the bed, and my glasses slid off of my head, and the side part of them (the part that goes over your ear, not sure what it's called) pointed straight up, and the tip of it touched my eyelid before I stopped myself from falling any farther.

I came so close to becoming a pirate right there.
I'd just blind myself and pretend that was what caused it, so I would have an excuse to wear an eyepatch.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6142 on: December 14, 2013, 06:50:54 pm »

The sheer amounts of ways to die in amorphous plus.
Crack-a-lack-a

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6143 on: December 14, 2013, 07:15:47 pm »

Feels good to be Hall of Fame. The only upgrades tat matter are the ones that give you second chances and bigger swings. Double-armour and Queen's mandible, NOT EVEN SINGULARITIES WILL STOP ME.

But yeah, deliberately breeding things that get better to kill you just so you can kill something better is brilliantly terrifying.

[Those fucking chainsaw teeth blobs]

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6144 on: December 14, 2013, 07:23:25 pm »

Is it weird that I'm scared to open the packaging of a book that I really wanted to read?

I ordered a brand new, never-before-read copy online and waited two weeks for delivery. And now that I have it...I'm terrified to unwrap it on the very real chance that I ruin it somehow.
:x
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6145 on: December 14, 2013, 07:32:19 pm »

Eh. Yes? :P

I order new books online all the time o.o

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #6146 on: December 17, 2013, 05:38:02 pm »

Toaster oven caught fire whilst cooking my chicken-fried steak. Toaster oven now decomissioned for cleaning. Steak thoroughly ruined. House smells like burnt... something.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6147 on: December 17, 2013, 05:42:24 pm »

Feels good to be Hall of Fame. The only upgrades tat matter are the ones that give you second chances and bigger swings. Double-armour and Queen's mandible, NOT EVEN SINGULARITIES WILL STOP ME.

But yeah, deliberately breeding things that get better to kill you just so you can kill something better is brilliantly terrifying.

[Those fucking chainsaw teeth blobs]
I've never once managed to kill a Horror. I can reliably kill Void Eaters, Grinders, and Greys. I can usually kill Amalgams and Fuzzles. But Horrors. Fucking Horrors. They always manage to get a hit in right as I'm about to slice them.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6148 on: December 17, 2013, 06:46:47 pm »

I've never once managed to kill a Horror. I can reliably kill Void Eaters, Grinders, and Greys. I can usually kill Amalgams and Fuzzles. But Horrors. Fucking Horrors. They always manage to get a hit in right as I'm about to slice them.
That's what I loved about them though. To kill the whirring-blob-of-fun you had to time it right AND get inside 4 airborne saws of death; it's death or glory, no second swing. All other blobs allowed you to have breathing space. This one took your lungs.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6149 on: December 17, 2013, 07:30:49 pm »

I've shocked friends, professors, and fellow employees alike for having a dumbphone. The fact that society has so accepted the whole "get bent over by phone providers so you can play with your little touchscreen thing" is a wee bit scary to me.

I've opted instead to get a crappy little tablet at a sixth of the cost of a modern phone. How much are you paying in hardware just to be able to accept phone calls, anyways?
Nothing, usually. I usually opt for the free-with-contract phone. The one I'm currently on cost less than a crappy tablet ($99) and is generally faster.
My current dumbphone is 2 years old, I spent $40 on it, and with Boost I get unlimited data and calls for $35 a month. only out of cell service when I'm underground or in the mountains. I also don't feel compelled to continually touch my phone, which is a plus. It has internet access but it sucks because it's so slow and tiny so I never use it. Games would be pointless. The only thing I wish it had was navigation, but my girlfriend has a smartphone so she just uses hers.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic
Pages: 1 ... 408 409 [410] 411 412 ... 1420