Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965028 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6015 on: December 07, 2013, 09:04:07 pm »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

HissinhWalnuts

• Bay Watcher
  • Has a deep dislike of the natural world.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6016 on: December 07, 2013, 09:32:39 pm »

I'm surprised nobody has posted n this about my !!INTENSE!! hatred of cats.
Crack-a-lack-a

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #6017 on: December 07, 2013, 09:35:59 pm »

I've just realized that my best ideas occur to me when I'm at work, and it's because I'm forced into a situation where I have no distractions except fairly light, mindless manual labor. Whenever I sit down to actually write things, I'm worthless unless I've already worked out the direction I want to go in. If I ever accumulate and codify enough of those ideas into a system good enough to allow me to quit and just write things for a living, I'll have lost the environment that allowed me to come up with ideas that were good enough in the first place. The job I hate is the only thing that allows me to hope for the job I want.

And of course, there's the obvious problem with self-employment...[/Probably NSFW Audio]
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #6018 on: December 07, 2013, 10:07:58 pm »

Lift weights as a means to get ideas then?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #6019 on: December 08, 2013, 02:00:35 am »

It's Saturday.
Linear extrapolation suggests Rebecca Black's singles discography will continue strong into the late third quarter 2027 release of "Thursday," at which point we'll never have to worry about shitty pop songs again.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6020 on: December 08, 2013, 02:22:33 am »

It's Saturday.
Linear extrapolation suggests Rebecca Black's singles discography will continue strong into the late third quarter 2027 release of "Thursday," at which point we'll never have to worry about shitty pop songs again.
This one is bad, but not quite bad enough to be funny.

Also, IMPLIED UNDERAGE DRINKING! >:(

Not the sort of thing that should be popularized, in my opinion.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6021 on: December 08, 2013, 02:23:14 am »

It's Saturday.
If only, if only....

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Morrigi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6022 on: December 08, 2013, 02:57:31 am »

It's Saturday.

Yeah, it shouldn't be glorified. That's how you wind up with dumb 15 year olds in the hospital from alcohol poisoning and medical interactions.
Cthulhu 2016! No lives matter! No more years! Awaken that which slumbers in the deep!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6023 on: December 08, 2013, 02:58:53 am »

It's Saturday.

Yeah, it shouldn't be glorified. That's how you wind up with dumb 15 year olds in the hospital from alcohol poisoning and medical interactions.
Exactly. I bet a lot less of my generation would be doing this sort of thing if drinking wasn't cool.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #6024 on: December 08, 2013, 03:08:33 am »

It's Saturday.

Exactly. I bet a lot less of my generation would be doing this sort of thing if drinking wasn't cool.
On the other hand, it's a unique opportunity for the wise among the younger generations to learn valuable life lessons without hurting themselves. Thanks to one of my high school friends, I will never make... probably around half a dozen bad mistakes associated with alcohol, without needing to experience any of them myself.  :P

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6025 on: December 08, 2013, 03:22:20 am »

It's Saturday.

On the other hand, it's a unique opportunity for the wise among the younger generations to learn valuable life lessons without hurting themselves. Thanks to one of my high school friends, I will never make... probably around half a dozen bad mistakes associated with alcohol, without needing to experience any of them myself.  :P

Meh, natural selection.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Superblackcat

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving Gifts of Bad Luck
    • View Profile
« Reply #6026 on: December 08, 2013, 04:10:06 am »

I'm surprised nobody has posted n this about my !!INTENSE!! hatred of cats.

Ohaidere! ;)

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6027 on: December 08, 2013, 01:01:30 pm »

It's Saturday.

Meh, natural selection.
It's not exactly natural selection, though, if they get drunk, try to drive somewhere, and kill someone else.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #6028 on: December 08, 2013, 02:16:20 pm »

It's Saturday.

Meh, natural selection.
It's not exactly natural selection, though, if they get drunk, try to drive somewhere, and kill someone else.
Damnit MZ, put the knife down! This is literally suicide!
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

HFS

• Bay Watcher
  • Sealed Entity
    • View Profile
« Reply #6029 on: December 08, 2013, 03:02:42 pm »

Exams. Also, I missed a test in one of my courses. One worth 20% of my mark.

Fuck.

I don't even know how.
Pages: 1 ... 400 401 [402] 403 404 ... 1420