Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969256 times)

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #5805 on: November 13, 2013, 09:30:13 pm »

I just have this sense of overwhelming dread and I don't know why.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5806 on: November 13, 2013, 09:31:26 pm »

Don't worry. Just don't look behind you.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5807 on: November 13, 2013, 11:36:40 pm »

Creek near my house is threatening to burst its banks.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5808 on: November 14, 2013, 12:11:26 pm »

Remember, it's only paranoia if you're wrong.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #5809 on: November 14, 2013, 12:26:15 pm »

Remember, it's only paranoia if you're wrong.
That means the apocalypse is coming, PF.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5810 on: November 14, 2013, 01:13:40 pm »

Waking up, testing my blood glucose, and finding it's too high for the reader to give a result.  Trying not to puke, while dealing with the situation.

I really, really, REALLY don't want to go back to the ICU anytime soon - or, in fact, *ever*.
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5811 on: November 14, 2013, 02:36:46 pm »

Waking up, testing my blood glucose, and finding it's too high for the reader to give a result.  Trying not to puke, while dealing with the situation.

I really, really, REALLY don't want to go back to the ICU anytime soon - or, in fact, *ever*.
The Imperial Canadian Underheap are close. They seek the sugars. The syrup, what does it mean?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5812 on: November 14, 2013, 02:40:20 pm »

I had a dream, wherein I moved into a really neat house, only to find out that a serial-killer/rapist was living in the basement (which was like a goddamn maze). She caught me investigating her dresser full of freaky trophies like dismembered body parts, tied me up and burned mah feet off.  ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

WoobMonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • High Lobster of Fluffy Wamblers
    • View Profile
« Reply #5813 on: November 14, 2013, 02:44:32 pm »

The Imperial Canadian Underheap are close. They seek the sugars. The syrup, what does it mean?

Thank you for your kind incomprehensibility. 
Edangzak Utharsanad Gedor - think you have what it takes?
CharmCrafted

The dog misses the ball!
The ball softly hits Urist McTrainer in the head, breaking the paper-thin skull and denting the non-existent brain!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5814 on: November 14, 2013, 02:53:53 pm »

I had a dream, wherein I moved into a really neat house, only to find out that a serial-killer/rapist was living in the basement (which was like a goddamn maze). She caught me investigating her dresser full of freaky trophies like dismembered body parts, tied me up and burned mah feet off.  ;-;
Yesterday I had excessive amounts of sleep, the resulting dream was glorious and full of spiders. Namely, that I was farming the spiders in my back garden. Two grew to the size of dogs, their web crossing over almost everything with arachnids of all colours and pedigrees.
And then the attack began. A dozen armed people stormed my house from the front door, I tried to hold them off but after the first 6 fell the rest of them broke through and burned down the spider's den.
Unfortunately for them one of the great dog-sized spiders survived, and everything started all over again.

Upon review, they may have been justified in invading my house and burning down my garden.

So you are not the Canadian syrup thief?

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5815 on: November 14, 2013, 05:44:54 pm »

Yesterday I had excessive amounts of sleep, the resulting dream was glorious and full of spiders. Namely, that I was farming the spiders in my back garden. Two grew to the size of dogs, their web crossing over almost everything with arachnids of all colours and pedigrees.
And then the attack began. A dozen armed people stormed my house from the front door, I tried to hold them off but after the first 6 fell the rest of them broke through and burned down the spider's den.
Unfortunately for them one of the great dog-sized spiders survived, and everything started all over again.

Upon review, they may have been justified in invading my house and burning down my garden.

So you are not the Canadian syrup thief?
So, were you terrified of the people storming your house or the spiders?

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5816 on: November 14, 2013, 05:50:57 pm »

So, were you terrified of the people storming your house or the spiders?
Neither, was scared of them burning all my spiders.

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5817 on: November 14, 2013, 09:17:28 pm »

I might have some degree of nyctophobia. Might be why I keep my lights on most of the day and close my eyes when I turn off the lights. The dark, it plays tricks on me. What scares me more though is my psychiatrist suggested I get a night light. Not sure why.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5818 on: November 14, 2013, 09:28:07 pm »

I don't know if I actually have any specific phobias, although I do sometimes nearly panic myself when I consider the nature of existence.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5819 on: November 14, 2013, 09:34:29 pm »

Hrmm. I don't really fear the dark, so much as I fear the things in the dark. Much scarier. Same with heights. I'm not afraid of being high up, I'm afraid of falling all the way down. Not the fall that kills you, just the sudden stop at the end.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))
Pages: 1 ... 386 387 [388] 389 390 ... 1420