Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968952 times)

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #5730 on: November 01, 2013, 07:37:31 pm »

"Yeah, you know how I told you I could give you a ride next Saturday?
While, I can't. But I'll tell you how to get there using public transportation, it's super easy!"

So now I have to do scary public transportation through a scary city with transfers and stuff. I literally have to go from one end of the city to the other, scary end of the city. I was also trying to convince other students to go with me, but there's no way that's going to happen now that I don't have the ability to give anyone a ride >:( Seriously though, I've never used public transportation on my own before. I'm definitely going to die.
What kind of public transport?
Underground metro systems are awesome and smell of fuel and hot metal and trains arrive every ten seconds or something. Regular trains are lateall the time, and buses are late all the time. Unless you're late, then they'll be early.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5731 on: November 01, 2013, 07:41:34 pm »

"Yeah, you know how I told you I could give you a ride next Saturday?
While, I can't. But I'll tell you how to get there using public transportation, it's super easy!"

So now I have to do scary public transportation through a scary city with transfers and stuff. I literally have to go from one end of the city to the other, scary end of the city. I was also trying to convince other students to go with me, but there's no way that's going to happen now that I don't have the ability to give anyone a ride >:( Seriously though, I've never used public transportation on my own before. I'm definitely going to die.
What kind of public transport?
Underground metro systems are awesome and smell of fuel and hot metal and trains arrive every ten seconds or something. Regular trains are lateall the time, and buses are late all the time. Unless you're late, then they'll be early.

It's going to be the local above-ground train thing that goes from our suburb to the city (this I've been on plenty of times), and then a subway to the other side of the city (been on it a couple times), so it's not too bad, I guess.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5732 on: November 01, 2013, 10:28:35 pm »

As a lifelong user of public transportation, let me assure you there are no issues with it whatsoever. Simply don't bother other people, don't do anything that could conceivably set off a crazy person, don't talk loudly, don't show fear, and above all don't piss off people coming home from workor going to work in the morning. Both are very different types of tired, but both could snap at you.

Just keep to yourself, don't let people intimidate you, and keep moving.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5733 on: November 01, 2013, 10:36:23 pm »

I've never had any serious problems with public transportation, though mind you that my experience is almost entirely with buses. You can't start shit on most buses, because the odds are good that the driver is the most dangerous person on it. Don't fuck with bus drivers.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #5734 on: November 01, 2013, 10:38:30 pm »

I've never had any serious problems with public transportation, though mind you that my experience is almost entirely with buses. You can't start shit on most buses, because the odds are good that the driver is the most dangerous person on it. Don't fuck with bus drivers.
Listen to this man.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #5735 on: November 02, 2013, 01:22:24 am »

Man, bus drivers in my home town seem to all be constantly high; there's something like one death/crippling every couple weeks from a coked-up driver ramming someone's car. I'd take secret kung fu drivers over that.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5736 on: November 02, 2013, 04:11:38 am »

i actually had someone materialize

as in as a physically tangible form instead of something hologram-like

they asked why i'm not burning a pot(?) of vodka is that even a thing dispelling the guy was pretty hard too took an hour straight he wanted swans because of something and i do not keep swans at hand.

also other things.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5737 on: November 02, 2013, 07:33:56 am »

Public transportation is fine. It's often late though. And don't fuck with bus drivers, really. Other than bus drivers, it's mostly safe.

UltraValican

• Bay Watcher
  • The Man aiming to be a Man!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5738 on: November 03, 2013, 12:52:30 am »

I just heard a fuckton of what sounds like automatic gunfire coming from a street that leads into a "bad part of town". It lasted like five minutes straight. I really hope those were fireworks.

Would you rather be an Ant in Heaven or a Man in Hell?

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5739 on: November 03, 2013, 07:19:30 am »

I just heard a fuckton of what sounds like automatic gunfire coming from a street that leads into a "bad part of town". It lasted like five minutes straight. I really hope those were fireworks.

That happened to me a few days ago. Goddamn Halloween.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5740 on: November 03, 2013, 07:43:30 am »

If you live in Britain, maybe someone was overzealous with their fireworks and set them off a couple of days too early?
Hey, there was a bonfire in my town only yesterday, so it's not too early. It's just a weekend, which is a good time to have late-night booze and explosions.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5741 on: November 03, 2013, 12:09:55 pm »

The date is no excuse not to party!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5742 on: November 03, 2013, 01:59:04 pm »

Very very windy today here in Central California. I'm honestly a little worried about driving in these conditions, especially when coming back; the trailer will be empty or nearly so, without the weight to help keep it steady.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5743 on: November 03, 2013, 02:10:58 pm »

Ah yeah, it does get pretty disconcerting when the wind is tugging your vehicle gently to the side as you're going 60 mph down the interstate.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5744 on: November 03, 2013, 08:05:39 pm »

I've had a couple really scary motorcycle rides in high winds before.  Especially bad when it's also raining.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 381 382 [383] 384 385 ... 1420