Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1982369 times)

acetech09

• Bay Watcher
  • Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #5280 on: October 01, 2013, 08:25:46 pm »

Spoiler: TAPIR (click to show/hide)
I challenge you to a game of 'Hide the Sausage', to the death.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5281 on: October 01, 2013, 08:28:18 pm »

I've said before that the Dallas freeway system can go to hell. Now it seems like Dallas drivers are determined to go there.

Three. Cars. Three of them. All in that relatively small geographical area, all very nearly getting run over by my truck, and each time catastrophe is only barely avoided because I notice them in time. They sure as hell weren't paying attention; whether it was suddenly shifting into the same lane I was already half-way in or cutting me off so closely that I swear we traded paint, not one of them seemed to recognize how close they had come to disaster.

I read an article in a magazine yesterday that repeated exposure to heavy traffic was a major contributor to heart attacks in truckers. Judging by how fast my heart was beating, I can believe it.
The answer is a stock of invincibility stars. Or the ghost item, if you want to be non-confrontational instead of a dispenser of justice.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5282 on: October 01, 2013, 08:28:46 pm »

Or make robot trucks whose silicon brains care not for the unwary.
DEY TERK MAH JERB!
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5283 on: October 01, 2013, 08:34:47 pm »

Nah, we're gonna make you a silicon brain of your very own.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5284 on: October 01, 2013, 08:35:25 pm »

...That would be cool.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5285 on: October 01, 2013, 08:35:43 pm »

Nah, we're gonna make you a silicon brain of your very own.

I am my own silicon brain, and that SHOULD terrify you.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #5286 on: October 01, 2013, 11:34:25 pm »

Spoiler: TAPIR (click to show/hide)

Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5287 on: October 02, 2013, 01:30:13 am »

Reading about aphids on wikipedia, and I have been completely terrified and confounded by their life cycles and reproductive strategies. Apparently, females born from an egg in the spring become pregnant with tiny clones of themselves that they give live birth to as first-instar nymphs, which themselves repeat this process many times, sometimes migrating between a primary and secondary host plant, and then at the end of the year the last batch of female clones decide to start producing sexual-reproduction-capable males and females which go on to lay eggs that hatch in the spring. Oh, and did I mention that during this process the tiny clones of one female already contain an egg cell that will develop into their own daughter, all while they're still in the ovaries? And what constitutes a "male" for these nutjobs is "a clone of me but I'll leave out one of the sex chromosomes."

Worker bees also do that if the queen dies: one of them will begin producing queen pheromones, and start laying eggs. More eggs than a healthy queen: several in a honeycomb cell, and she can't get them to the bottom of the honeycomb cell because her ass is too short to reach all the way down there. Also, because she never had sex all her unfertilized eggs will be haploid male drones, which don't contribute to the colony's workforce because they come pre-programmed to find a queen. And there are none, so they sit there and eat the colony's stocks until all the workers die of old age and they starve to death shortly thereafter. But the entire time the workers are like "nope, everything is fine here!" Bane of all beekeepers.

And then apparently there's these mites that live and develop inside their mother. 1 of the offspring is a male, and the other 6-7 are female. They then proceed to have wonderful inside-their-mother's-womb incest, then eat their mother alive from the inside out. Even the male bothers to eat his mum, even though he's destined to die a few hours later, and all his sisters he fucked are going to suffer their mother's fate in four days.

Fuck you nature. Why isn't basic sexual reproduction good enough for you? And what the hell is the deal with arthropods!?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5288 on: October 02, 2013, 06:11:29 am »

Someone eplained to me why Twilight is basically just one giant justification of a crazy mormon's attitude to domestic violence. What.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5289 on: October 02, 2013, 06:14:44 am »

It is even worse once you have actually read the books.

Also for anybody wondering, I won the bet and enjoyed a wonderful night of fine dining, and she learnt that some things are better than crappy romance, like the real romance between between a con artist postman and a chain smoking union worker.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5290 on: October 02, 2013, 06:28:47 am »

What bet?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5291 on: October 02, 2013, 06:33:27 am »

I made a bet with a very foolish friend a while ago that I could read her favorite series before she could finish mine. I had to read twilight series, thus giving me legitimacy when I say it is a horrific series and nobody in their right mind should like it as a novel, while she had to read the Discworld series, ensuring an easy victory for me because that is a hefty series to read through.

The grey cloud to my silver lining is that she got to enjoy the series, I didn't beyond the meta analysis on the subtext of what I was reading and the social implications of it. Granted I did enjoy the meta analysis on the subtext of what I was reading and the social implications of it.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5292 on: October 02, 2013, 09:20:13 am »

The first and last word in Twilight criticism and analysis.

Actually, I'm going to re-read it now, because it was so good the first time.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑
Pages: 1 ... 351 352 [353] 354 355 ... 1420