Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963732 times)

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #5162 on: September 26, 2013, 10:08:13 am »

Sweet Christ
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2432802/Drug-users-eaten-alive-flesh-eating-illness-caused-homemade-heroin-substitute-Krokodil.html
Drugs are bad, mmkay.
Jesus, put a fucking warning label on it or something! I don't want to look at Krokodil images!

It's payday! another couple thousand dumped into my bank account!

Why in the terrified thread?

2 paydays ago, tooth #5 decided it needed a root canal.

Last payday, had finished antibiotics (Penicillin) from #5, and #4 which was previously canal'd decided to get inflamed, so get special antibiotics (Augmentin) with horrible side effects.

Today, every little twitch in the area of #4 is freaking me the fuck out; maybe everything will be fine; of the root of the tooth might be cracked in which case it'll have to come out.

But, I won't know until there is severe pain, and I'm having panic attacks waiting, and waiting...

If there is no problem, good, if there is a problems, it can be fixed, good; but not knowing

Last night I dreamed that that I was an immortal severed head with one tooth.

#4.
Just have it ripped out, quick and easy fix.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5163 on: September 26, 2013, 10:31:40 am »

Sweet Christ
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2432802/Drug-users-eaten-alive-flesh-eating-illness-caused-homemade-heroin-substitute-Krokodil.html
Drugs are bad, mmkay.
Jesus, put a fucking warning label on it or something! I don't want to look at Krokodil images!
Well, the article is titled "Drug-users eaten alive by flesh eating illness caused by Krokodil". The NSFWness goes without saying.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5164 on: September 26, 2013, 10:47:53 am »

It's old, but it's a major problem in Russia. Sales of some of the ingredients have almost quintupled.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5165 on: September 26, 2013, 11:52:45 am »

I'm just spooked because if the cartels starts pushing it aggressively, there would be lots of horribly maimed or dead people in both Mexico and the US.
This is Dwarf Fortress. Where torture, enslavement, and murder are not only tolerable hobbies, but considered dwarfdatory.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #5166 on: September 26, 2013, 11:57:28 am »

That might be the thing that gets officials to change drug policy, though. Pot doesn't scare people, and cocaine and heroin use can be discrete. Krokodil is extremely visible.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5167 on: September 26, 2013, 12:26:32 pm »

Krokodil isn't the kind of drug to get pushed by cartels, though - its whole appeal is that it's easily made from OTC reagents. If you want highly addictive and dangerous drugs that would be appealing to cartels, look into fentanyl analogues and the story of George Marquardt ;)
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Mrhappyface

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5168 on: September 26, 2013, 12:39:19 pm »

I guess. But since it's an easy to make drug, I would think there will be much more deaths among the poor and desperate.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5169 on: September 26, 2013, 12:41:25 pm »

Calling it now- the "zombie apocalypse" is actually a worldwide wave of krokodil addiction amongst the poor and desperate.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #5170 on: September 26, 2013, 12:46:10 pm »

Krokodil mixed with bath salts. They cause you to go crazy and eat people's faces.

The world is a weird place nowadays, isn't it?

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5171 on: September 26, 2013, 01:15:29 pm »

The thought of Krokodil mixed with bath salts made me absolutely terrified today.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5172 on: September 26, 2013, 02:02:39 pm »

Calling it now- the "zombie apocalypse" is actually a worldwide wave of krokodil addiction amongst the poor and desperate.
So it resolves by it being a bunch of rich people shooting up the poor? Call of Duty would be some sort of oracle then.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5173 on: September 26, 2013, 02:13:11 pm »

The thought of Krokodil mixed with bath salts made me absolutely terrified today.
* Darvi huddles in a corner and tries not to throw up.

Unrelated because of that mental image, but still.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5174 on: September 26, 2013, 02:19:22 pm »

So it resolves by it being a bunch of rich people shooting up the poor? Call of Duty would be some sort of oracle then.
Ah, so all I need to survive the zombie apocalypse is amass immeasurable amounts of wealth. Shouldn't be too hard.
Pages: 1 ... 343 344 [345] 346 347 ... 1420