Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963824 times)

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #4860 on: August 23, 2013, 07:05:10 pm »

It would be so much fun to burn them, but I'll have to keep it to chemical burns.  That spray stuff really works.  They drop dead instantly when hit with a good concentration.  Didn't have much, though.  So I was only able to spray the nest and killed like 15 right there.  Then I spent about 15 minutes engaged in hand to hand combat in my +5 motorcycle suit of sting immunity.  That was on my lunch break.  Went home for lunch just for that purpose, because my wife called and said they were swarming the doors and acting super aggressive.  They scattered and have since only been coming back 1-3 at a time, at which point I go out and whack them.  One tried to ambush me when I got home after work, and I was lucky to have a broom right next to me I could grab and fend it off with. 

I beheaded one about 20 minutes ago, and it appears to still be trying to re-attach its head to its body.  Seriously.  It was severed just below its two front legs, and it's still struggling fruitlessly to crawl back onto its abdomen.
War. War never changes.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4861 on: August 23, 2013, 07:27:41 pm »

I don't want to set my porch on fire :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4862 on: August 23, 2013, 08:04:36 pm »

i have it from a reputable source that if hamsters were capable of speaking they would have brazilian accents

this is genuinely terrifying i mean who the fuck taught them english hamsters are not from brazil why do they have accents that a person from brazil would have who would be mad(ly skilled) enough to install a human's voicebox in a hamster and make it work without being ridiculously highly pitched how do you distinguish it from a paraguayan accent

i must learn more of this

I don't want to set my porch on fire :P

a porch that has survived trial by fire has a noticeably different atmosphere than one that's been untouched by raging infernos so i understand where you're coming from, but take your time examining highly effective acidic agents that you could use to annihilate the insect incursion

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #4863 on: August 23, 2013, 08:19:51 pm »

Have you considered soaking the nest in bleach or something? And, as others have pointed out, ain't nothing a flamethrower won't solve.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4864 on: August 23, 2013, 08:25:54 pm »

I used that wasp spray, which seemed highly effective.  I also threw the nest in a pond, for good measure.

Getting rid of or poisoning the nest doesn't do much, though.  Did that like 20 times last summer.  They just come back and rebuild with great persistence.  I think I just need to slaughter them all.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Habbadax

• Bay Watcher
  • The Cackling Cavalier
    • View Profile
« Reply #4865 on: August 23, 2013, 08:33:44 pm »

Best way to slaughter 'em all is in the dead of night, when all the individuals members of the nest have returned from the day's foraging

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4866 on: August 23, 2013, 08:35:35 pm »

also bumble bros, but they're cool.
FTFY <3

Bumble SISTERS.

Also, let the murderous rampage begin!

Also also, on the topic of insects running around with body parts missing, I noticed after hacking a big black+white wasp in half that the abdomen survived and continued trying to sting long after the head + thorax gave up on life. I also had smashed a carpenter ants abdomen clean off. She survived the ordeal, and continued wandering her path after a couple minutes. She then wandered all the way over to a wall, skirted it to the corner of the next wall, and followed that wall until she stopped. I came to see if she finally died for lack of ass, but lo and behold shed stumbled into a spiders web!

That spider, man. Every once in a while an ant must follow the old trails of its predecessors over there, along that same path all the way around the room, and end up right in the spider's web. There's like an ant graveyard In that corner.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2013, 08:43:56 pm by Eric Blank »
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #4867 on: August 23, 2013, 09:38:10 pm »

I used that wasp spray, which seemed highly effective.  I also threw the nest in a pond, for good measure.

Getting rid of or poisoning the nest doesn't do much, though.  Did that like 20 times last summer.  They just come back and rebuild with great persistence.  I think I just need to slaughter them all.

C4, as they say as the size of an explosion increases the number of problems it is Incapable of solving approaches Zero.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4868 on: August 23, 2013, 09:56:16 pm »

C4, as they say as the size of an explosion increases the number of problems it is Incapable of solving approaches Zero.
But then he won't have porch-friend-place. 0n0
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4869 on: August 23, 2013, 10:35:48 pm »

Hmm.... it would be convenient to not need things anymore....
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4870 on: August 23, 2013, 11:26:49 pm »

No porch, no wasps, no problem!

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4871 on: August 24, 2013, 12:13:58 am »

My advice is to fill in wherever they're building the nests with concrete.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4872 on: August 24, 2013, 08:38:41 am »

I'm half way through Pontypool. Bloody hell.

EDIT: Don't wiki this. Watch it or don't.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2013, 09:02:27 am by NobodyPro »

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4873 on: August 24, 2013, 09:01:37 am »

Best way to slaughter 'em all is in the dead of night, when all the individuals members of the nest have returned from the day's foraging
Ah, this is good knowledge. I remember as a kid having to solo-fight a Queen wasp that had taken up residence in my shed. I kid you not when I tell you the fight lasted half an hour. I knocked its little unfinished nest down and it chased after me with a vengeance. Water cannon at the ready, I managed to miss the lithe bugger. Benny hill theme ensues, dropping the heavy cannon, looking for a new weapon.

PLASTIC BAG BITCH

She suffocated to death, humanely because fuck wasps.

It would take 3 more wasp queens before I got efficient at evicting them. Eventually they stopped coming, not because of me, but because I had raised another deadly female - a spider the size of my hand around the shed. Her brood awaited every year the coming of the wasps. Sometimes wasps would fight their way out of webs and jaws but even then it served a purpose, the wasps would flee never to return.

♥ spiderbros

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4874 on: August 24, 2013, 09:18:00 am »

A spider has taken up residence in my tea.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 323 324 [325] 326 327 ... 1420