Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964233 times)

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #4800 on: August 16, 2013, 06:43:20 pm »

You get a cookie for that reference because it is an awesome one :3

And in terrifying news, a couple days ago I ran into a friend of mine (we don't hang out as much as we used to) and he's apparently working for a local newspaper in some important role I forgot. The main thing is that he's looking for graphic designers.

Terrifying thing is not knowing wether I should try and apply or not, since applying would mean giving up on college again and a job like that might not be secure, or even something that fits me since I have no idea what I would be doing even if I somehow got the job :S

Ugh, I think I'll end up talking with him about it alteast, not sure I'll do anything other than that :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

MadMalkavian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4801 on: August 16, 2013, 08:45:58 pm »

Listening to symphonic black metal while wandering around in a blight storm in the Ashlands can be terrifying, especially when you turn around and a wild guar is in your face. Those things are horrifying to look at. Hell, Falasmaryon was less terrifying because ash creatures look like something I'm used to seeing in my dreams even when I don't play Morrowind.

Either way the music went off after that and I now have chest pains from the adrenaline rush caused by that damn guar. God I hope I don't need a doctor again this month.
Warning: Subject may be antisocial and may not synchronize well with humans. Approach cordially and with caution or not at all.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4802 on: August 16, 2013, 09:14:36 pm »

Listening to symphonic black metal while wandering around in a blight storm in the Ashlands can be terrifying, especially when you turn around and a wild guar is in your face. Those things are horrifying to look at. Hell, Falasmaryon was less terrifying because ash creatures look like something I'm used to seeing in my dreams even when I don't play Morrowind.

Either way the music went off after that and I now have chest pains from the adrenaline rush caused by that damn guar. God I hope I don't need a doctor again this month.
That sounds like a badass nightmare.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4803 on: August 16, 2013, 09:44:16 pm »

Metro 2033. The pipes.

*shudders*
SEENGING PAIPZE
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

LordSlowpoke

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4804 on: August 16, 2013, 09:58:11 pm »

Metro 2033. The pipes.

*shudders*
SEENGING PAIPZE

i were willing to make this reference, but restrained myself. you good sir get a cabbage medal for your perseverance.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #4806 on: August 20, 2013, 03:27:39 pm »

Night driving for the first time in a while, tomorrow. Short, easy route, with alright timing for traffic, but... not looking forward to it, at all.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #4807 on: August 20, 2013, 03:36:42 pm »

Metro 2033. The pipes.

*shudders*
SEENGING PAIPZE

i were willing to make this reference, but restrained myself. you good sir get a cabbage medal for your perseverance.

CABBAGE MEDUL!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4808 on: August 20, 2013, 07:49:09 pm »

I'm taking a course on network security and I kind of want to cry every time I connect to a wireless network, now. Or any kind of network, really. Why do we have a sense of security/privacy, again?
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #4809 on: August 20, 2013, 07:53:46 pm »

I'm taking a course on network security and I kind of want to cry every time I connect to a wireless network, now. Or any kind of network, really. Why do we have a sense of security/privacy, again?
Because the assumption is if something is not actively threatening our security, it isn't threatening it at all. A opened door is an obvious problem, lack of locks less so.

Metro 2033. The pipes.

*shudders*
I know what you mean...
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #4810 on: August 21, 2013, 09:19:35 am »

Metro 2033. The pipes.

*shudders*
SEENGING PAIPZE

CABBAGE MEDUL!

UNCLE BAOURBON NOOO

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4811 on: August 21, 2013, 09:21:45 am »

Metro 2033. The pipes.

*shudders*
SEENGING PAIPZE

CABBAGE MEDUL!

UNCLE BAOURBON NOOO
HEY LOOK A WHORE :D
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4812 on: August 21, 2013, 09:48:57 am »

You guys are making me want to play this game.

Fortunately, I got it in a recent humble bundle.

Squill

• Bay Watcher
  • Decided to play DF, I guess I'm back now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4813 on: August 21, 2013, 10:32:40 am »

Didn't really happen today, but I had a dream that reminded me of something. When I was maybe 10, I had a friend that I whom I would visit very often. During the summer at the height of our friendship, we would sleep over at each other's house nearly every day. One of our favorite things to do was to walk around the creek that ran through his yard. One day, we went farther then we ever had, and we probably went close to a mile away from his house. Except for the occasional bit of rusty metal or old glass, the last evidence of humanity we had saw was about ten minutes ago. We found a dirt road running alongside the creek, and began following it. Soon, we came across an old, rundown looking house. As we drew close, and old lady came out on the elevated deck and started yelling at us. She told us to go away or she'd get her gun. So we started running, and she went back inside. We thought she was funny, though, so we turned around and hid behind an big fallen tree. Not a minute later, the old lady comes back out, carrying a rifle or a shotgun. She looked around for a few minutes, didn't see us quivering behind our tree, and went back inside. When we were sure she was gone, we ran all the way back home.

Moral of the story? If you're small child wandering around rural Kentucky, don't stray far from home.
I have not posted in almost a year
But now in iambic verse I am here

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4814 on: August 21, 2013, 10:38:12 am »

Kentucky has a lot of scary people, from what I've heard.  Small town Indiana has a lot of people like that, too.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.
Pages: 1 ... 319 320 [321] 322 323 ... 1420