Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965345 times)

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #3585 on: March 13, 2013, 09:16:59 am »

I always thought ending the diary "I'm making a break for it. Getting my shotgun, shooting those seven zombies hanging around, going over the wall, into my pick-up and driving off. If it goes wrong... well, I won't know." with that was always the best option fo Apocalyptic Logs. It tells you whether or not you're an optimist or a pessimist. Yeah, he could have gotten swarmed when he ran out of bullets by the remaining five or he could have made a break for it without firing or only firing one shot.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3586 on: March 13, 2013, 09:44:24 am »

And then you look outside and see him shambling along the garden path.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3587 on: March 13, 2013, 11:45:07 am »

I learned today that the teacher I'm having next year for Pre-Cal makes you memorize the Unit Circle.  And he'll keep testing you on it till you get it correct.  And it's too late to lower my level of math.   

I don't really see what's so creepy about creepypasta.  It taste a bit strange, but SCP is far worse.
Huh. I've always thought that SCPs weren't that scary, but I've been terrified by some creepypasta. 
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #3588 on: March 13, 2013, 12:42:28 pm »

Huh. I've always thought that SCPs weren't that scary, but I've been terrified by some creepypasta.
My problem isn't the stories, it's the images. As such I find a lot of the SCP and creepypasta stuff bland, but every once in a while there is an image on there that just chills the bones.

I learned today that the teacher I'm having next year for Pre-Cal makes you memorize the Unit Circle.  And he'll keep testing you on it till you get it correct.  And it's too late to lower my level of math.
An easy thing that I found to help me remember the various positions is a simple little counting trick with only a few steps:
1)All co-ordinates are fractions. The bottom of the fraction is always 2, and the top is always under a square root sign.
2)Assume a circle like this, with the 4ths and 6th's present.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
3)Starting on the outside co-ordinates at the righthand side and moving in a circle (so the top right quadrant) the top of the fraction goes 0,1,2,3,4,0,1,2,3,4. When placed with the sqrt() and the 2 denominator you end up with , which simplifies to . As you can see this corresponds to the top right quadrant in a spiral pattern starting from the outer right and moving up.
4)To create the other quadrants slide (not rotate) your upper right quadrant one set of co-ords at a time to the new quadrant and then add negatives to align with the new space. (So your 60 degree co-ordinate pair becomes your 120 and 300 degree pairs with a negative added in the respective co-ordinate, or becomes your 240 degree co-ordinate with two negatives added).
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3589 on: March 13, 2013, 12:50:28 pm »

Wow, math is awful.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3590 on: March 13, 2013, 12:52:50 pm »

Unless it has a point. But then it stops being Maths and then becomes Physics. :P
This is a blank sig.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3591 on: March 13, 2013, 02:41:28 pm »

Assuming you understand what the circle is about, remembering the thing isn't that hard.

And you can draw one in your calculator :P

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3592 on: March 13, 2013, 02:53:13 pm »

i2amroy, wth did you just post. I'm doing the same thing in school and even I have no idea.

At least I know the graphs of sin(x)! And cos(x), and tan(x).
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Putnam

• Bay Watcher
  • DAT WIZARD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3593 on: March 13, 2013, 04:56:12 pm »

e^(ix) = cos(x) + isin(x)!

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3594 on: March 14, 2013, 01:42:01 am »

Wow, math is awful.
=[ ... >=[
Don't blame math for the Standard Education System's faults.

i2amroy, wth did you just post. I'm doing the same thing in school and even I have no idea.
I can't be entirely sure, since darkling theme makes the fractions in the post hard to read, but he's essentially just pointing out that you can remember all the unit circle co-ordinates with counting and three small memories. Stare at the numbers just outside the unit circle he posted and you'll get it.
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3597 on: March 16, 2013, 12:04:00 am »

I love octopi but other people find them scary for some reason.
Octopi: When humans leave the Earth (peacefully or otherwise), they will be the ones to inherit the world.

Seriously, these things are awesome.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3598 on: March 16, 2013, 12:07:44 am »

That is really cool.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _
Pages: 1 ... 238 239 [240] 241 242 ... 1420