Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967141 times)

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #3345 on: February 09, 2013, 07:29:37 pm »

You're in the right thread for it at least.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #3346 on: February 09, 2013, 08:30:17 pm »

Hans dosen't use needles.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: February 09, 2013, 08:52:38 pm »

I used to be afraid of needles, but after giving blood a few times and having a few surgeries, I know from experience that a half-second prick on the arm is far from the worst thing that can happen to a person :P

I've had blood drawn. Afterwards I was still afraid of normal shots, as well as being even more afraid of giving blood.
Have you been jabbed several times in each arm as the nurses hunt for a suitable vein each time you go in? Because my veins are quite contrary and it's a rare occasion when I don't have at least three IV stab wounds :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3348 on: February 09, 2013, 11:33:16 pm »

Today I learned about Irukandji syndrome.

I am never going swimming again. Ever. Anywhere.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2013, 11:34:53 pm by dhokarena56 »

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: February 10, 2013, 01:43:32 am »

We should ask Hanslanda. For some reason I think he has more experience with needles than the rest of us combined :V

No. Most drug related things I'm pretty cool with. Needles are fucking bad bro. I've never got a shot a doctor didn't give me, because I don't like mucking about with my circulatory system directly. I prefer the indirect approaches of smoking, snorting, eating or absorbing through the capillaries. I have never and will never use needles to take drugs, because that shit fucking freaks me out, and I'm not scared of needles.

Er, where has Hanslanda been recently, anyways?

Hans has been lurking. I hasn't been in very good moods lately, and I don't want to be a bummer by posting sad shit all the time. Or if you mean IRL, I've been working/doing class/sleeping/playing video games. My life is boring as shit.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: February 10, 2013, 02:45:43 am »

Have you been jabbed several times in each arm as the nurses hunt for a suitable vein each time you go in? Because my veins are quite contrary and it's a rare occasion when I don't have at least three IV stab wounds :P

I've had to go through that.  Really sucked.  It was when I had my second MRSA infection.  I'd been on max dosage of vancomycin for almost a week, and it was collapsing my veins.  They still don't pop out like they used to.

I also had a nurse break a needle on my skin once, back when my skin was really tough from wrestling :P
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

lemon10

• Bay Watcher
  • Citrus Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: February 10, 2013, 02:52:34 am »

I've had to go through that.  Really sucked.  It was when I had my second MRSA infection.  I'd been on max dosage of vancomycin for almost a week, and it was collapsing my veins.  They still don't pop out like they used to.

I also had a nurse break a needle on my skin once, back when my skin was really tough from wrestling :P
That's awesome and straight out of a super hero movie.
And with a mighty leap, the evil Conservative flies through the window, escaping our heroes once again!
Because the solution to not being able to control your dakka is MOAR DAKKA.

That's it. We've finally crossed over and become the nation of Da Orky Boyz.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: February 10, 2013, 03:00:11 am »

That's awesome and straight out of a super hero movie.
I actually know at least 2 where that happens.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: February 10, 2013, 03:04:01 am »

She was pretty old and probably just didn't angle the needle in straight.  Some types of needles bend really easily if you don't.  I've bent insulin needles on my kid, but those are hardly more than a hair's width.  I'm pretty sure it was a blood drawing needle, though, and I think those are decently thick.  What I remember for sure (this was 13 years ago) is she was shocked, and I got a kick out of it.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: February 10, 2013, 03:13:11 am »

I supposedly woke up (low-level awareness, not really anything more than "I'm awake and can't move.") during anesthesia once during oral surgery to remove a cyst in my jaw. Ever since, needles make me pass out. Like, it's not anything related to pain, or even to some mental reaction to the needle, it's just some sort of involuntary reaction. Likely due to the needle for general anesthesia going in being the last stimulus before the event. Though any memory of the event, if I remember it at all, was blurred to the point of being unable to tell if they are actual memories of fabrications of my brain at a later point in time (yay, anesthesia amnesia effects). :P

It seems to be fine though so long as I'm lying down during the process; if I'm anything close to sitting up, out I go. Luckily, the overall effect strength seems to be decreasing with time.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: February 10, 2013, 10:10:56 am »

That would be terrifying to meet in an alley at night. As it sits, that's squarely in WTF territory.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

fqllve

• Bay Watcher
  • (grammar) anarcho-communist
    • View Profile
    • ufowitch
« Reply #3357 on: February 10, 2013, 10:21:16 am »

My god, it's beautiful.

I want to... to start a cult around it. That is the most excited anyone has ever been ever.

"You mean you don't have to be a kid to buy a happy meal?"

You don't use freedom Penguin. First you demand it, then you have it.
No using. That's not what freedom is for.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: February 10, 2013, 02:00:49 pm »

I found my old copy of Scorpion Swamp, and I'll just quote the ending.
You feel a dull, heavy blow on the back of your head. You collapse at the wizards feet, dropping your sword. Looking up, you see that he seems to have grown enormously. But in fact it is you who has shrunk to the size of an insect! You flee, tripping over your own legs as you run. He laughs and let's you go. You run up the wall and hide In a crack, and Grimslade goes about bis business. Eventually, you become hungry. You spin a web and hope for a tasty fly. Already your forgetting your former life.
This Is if you mess up one of his tasks and beg forgiveness, stuff like this just freaks me out.
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: February 13, 2013, 06:55:26 pm »

I woke up. My laptop on the floor, in a rather awkward and device-destroying orientation.

Thankfully it's still alive.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.
Pages: 1 ... 222 223 [224] 225 226 ... 1420