Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967666 times)

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #3330 on: February 07, 2013, 11:28:20 pm »

Well, I guess I didn't got tetanus and such, but flu shots almost always make me sick. Even got sick with the pig flu vaccine (thank you useless vaccine). On the other hand, maybe it would be even worse without it.
Sometimes a vaccine does not take, and if you get exposed to the virus within two weeks of getting the vaccine you'll probably still get sick.
Vaccines make you sick with a mild version of a disease that would otherwise kill you.
No, they don't. In inactivated vaccines that is completely impossible (as the pathogen is dead) and almost impossible in attenuated vaccines, to the point where only the immunocompromised are at risk of contracting the disease.

Most feelings of illness from a vaccine are from your immune system mobilizing to counter the "infection", and varies from person to person, depending upon their degree of autoimmune response.

The spray will always mess you up. Shots, normally, shouldn't. Most use the dead virus. The spray is the one with the live virus.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3331 on: February 08, 2013, 01:20:45 am »

Well, I guess I didn't got tetanus and such, but flu shots almost always make me sick. Even got sick with the pig flu vaccine (thank you useless vaccine). On the other hand, maybe it would be even worse without it.
Sometimes a vaccine does not take, and if you get exposed to the virus within two weeks of getting the vaccine you'll probably still get sick.
No, straight after the vaccine. I know vaccine don't work before a few weeks, but being ill the evening after getting a vaccine a few times tells me it's related. There's also allergic stuff that may be involved, but I don't have my medical file here.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3332 on: February 08, 2013, 01:27:36 am »

No, straight after the vaccine. I know vaccine don't work before a few weeks, but being ill the evening after getting a vaccine a few times tells me it's related. There's also allergic stuff that may be involved, but I don't have my medical file here.
If you have allergens, then that signifies that your immune system has a strong autoimmune response. The vaccine is supposed to trigger your immune system so it can "learn" the virus and thus destroy any actual pathogenic copies it encounters, and if your immune system is particularly zealous it will also attack you. That is where your sickness is coming from, but your immune system is far more to blame then the vaccine.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3333 on: February 08, 2013, 02:00:38 pm »

Lights flashed, thunder boomed, all the adventurers in Britain died.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3334 on: February 08, 2013, 08:17:58 pm »

Going along with the vaccination thing, why?

I had a blood test for Coeliac disease about four years ago, and I did my usual 'absolutely fascinated by it' thing. I just stared at the needle taking blood from my arm, and noted that it felt interesting.

I've had no immune responses to any injections besides a meningitis vaccination and the MMR one when I was five (Measles/Mumps/Rubella). In the first, I merely had a mild fever of 38 - 39C (just over 100F I think), in the second, the injected arm turned purple and swelled. I didn't mind, because I understood what the vaccination was supposed to do.

I probably ought to have a fear of needles, given how in primary school I was shot with a bow and arrow (made from a wooden skewer and rubber band) and it penetrated into my arm, but it would seem not.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3335 on: February 08, 2013, 08:40:45 pm »

I used to be afraid of needles, but after giving blood a few times and having a few surgeries, I know from experience that a half-second prick on the arm is far from the worst thing that can happen to a person :P

Also never really had any bad effects from vaccinations. Caught a minor flu once shortly after getting immunized, but it only put me down for a couple of days as opposed to a week.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3336 on: February 09, 2013, 06:45:27 pm »

So I've stumble upon this article which points out how painfully easy it would be to render the US mostly dead : http://guymcpherson.com/2013/02/soft-spot-how-to-quickly-and-easily-destroy-the-united-states-of-america/

It's the reactors, vulnerable, volatile and very dangerous, and as the dude slightly exaggeratedly explains, the people in charge aren't doing much to change that.

Despite living on the other side of the world this thing is scary as shit, knowing how winds are fickle and how bigger this would be than anything else reactor related in history.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #3337 on: February 09, 2013, 06:52:05 pm »

« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 10:43:16 pm by penguinofhonor »

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3338 on: February 09, 2013, 07:02:58 pm »

I'm not certain, but I think needles bend instead of snapping.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3339 on: February 09, 2013, 07:06:47 pm »

I'm so relieved.  :o

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3340 on: February 09, 2013, 07:09:35 pm »

I'm not certain, but I think needles bend instead of snapping.
Not sure about humans, but the ones we use for cows snap off pretty regularly.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3341 on: February 09, 2013, 07:11:30 pm »

We should ask Hanslanda. For some reason I think he has more experience with needles than the rest of us combined :V

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #3342 on: February 09, 2013, 07:13:17 pm »

Er, where has Hanslanda been recently, anyways?

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3343 on: February 09, 2013, 07:21:09 pm »

You almost got me worried there for a second >.>

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3344 on: February 09, 2013, 07:21:40 pm »

Er, where has Hanslanda been recently, anyways?
...PANIC
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 221 222 [223] 224 225 ... 1420