Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967942 times)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #3255 on: January 19, 2013, 10:13:25 pm »

What do you think "Unhook myself as quickly as possible," means, especially since I also said "[can then] work on freeing myself,"? :P
Congratulations, you just killed your boyfriend. Have fun living with that guilt, you jerk.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #3256 on: January 20, 2013, 02:36:38 am »

くコ:彡

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3257 on: January 20, 2013, 02:47:06 am »

Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3258 on: January 20, 2013, 03:15:08 am »

A mad Scientist kidnaps you and Daryl. He puts you both in serperate rooms, tied to a chair, but with your arms free. This chair is a standard electrocution chair,  with wiring connected to a clock on the wall. This clock is sychronized with the one in Daryl's room, where he is in similar straits. The Scientist explains it very clearly. He will give each of you a remote, with one button on it. If you press this button, the machine engages and electrocutes you, (which, specifically, causes arythmia, stopping your heart and leading to complete circulatory failure. ThVery uncomfortable),but open's Daryl's restraints and allows him to be free. The scientist notifies you the moment the other is dead. if neither of you press it in a hour, of course, neither of you override the circuit, and BOTH of you die.

He moniters both of you during this, so there is no tomfoolery. If either of you attempt to escape, BOTH of you die right then and there. If you drop the remote, of course, he'll hand it back.

3 questions come from this, 2 depending on your answers. 1#, what will you do? 2# What will happen (which includes daryl's choice). 3# will wait a moment.
Drop the remote. When the scientist goes to hand it back to me, I punch him in the face, toss him into my chair and lock him into my spot, and then hit the button. Serves the bastard right. :P

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3259 on: January 20, 2013, 03:41:50 am »

A mad Scientist kidnaps you and Daryl. He puts you both in serperate rooms, tied to a chair, but with your arms free. This chair is a standard electrocution chair,  with wiring connected to a clock on the wall. This clock is sychronized with the one in Daryl's room, where he is in similar straits. The Scientist explains it very clearly. He will give each of you a remote, with one button on it. If you press this button, the machine engages and electrocutes you, (which, specifically, causes arythmia, stopping your heart and leading to complete circulatory failure. ThVery uncomfortable),but open's Daryl's restraints and allows him to be free. The scientist notifies you the moment the other is dead. if neither of you press it in a hour, of course, neither of you override the circuit, and BOTH of you die.

He moniters both of you during this, so there is no tomfoolery. If either of you attempt to escape, BOTH of you die right then and there. If you drop the remote, of course, he'll hand it back.

3 questions come from this, 2 depending on your answers. 1#, what will you do? 2# What will happen (which includes daryl's choice). 3# will wait a moment.
Drop the remote. When the scientist goes to hand it back to me, I punch him in the face, toss him into my chair and lock him into my spot, and then hit the button. Serves the bastard right. :P
Wait, how would you get out of the chair in the first place without him noticing?

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3260 on: January 20, 2013, 05:03:19 am »

Wait, how would you get out of the chair in the first place without him noticing?
Arms free?

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3261 on: January 20, 2013, 06:29:04 am »

Science man always has contingency plans.

In all likelihood pressing the button is actually the receive cake button, and the "electrocution chair" is just a normal chair with an upturned bowl stuck to it ^_^

If it's not, well you're screwed.

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #3262 on: January 20, 2013, 06:54:20 am »

Wait until the last possible second and simultaneously hit the buttons as he tries to kill us, thus maybe restarting our organs after they're off? Depending on how much I'm prepared to risk on luck. If Daryl is more important then me, then I'll sacrifice myself. If not, I'll hope he'll do the same, but if he wont, then I'll try and stall, persuade him he has better odds with two then one, and escape by distracting the scientist, either through one of us causing a disturbance while the other innocuously frees his legs and more importantly the straps on his head and vice versa.

Just a note, but an electrical chair doesn't work on the basis of causing your heart to fail, but more specifically focusses on cooking your brain and other internal organs. Activating it twice just ensures you're throuroughly cooked.

Edit: You die because your heart fails, but the first shock should cause brain death.

Also, pressing the buttons at the same time might save both of you, as convulsions from the electrocution might cause the equipment to be dislodged as you're no longer restrained.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2013, 06:57:58 am by 10ebbor10 »

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3263 on: January 20, 2013, 11:07:35 am »

Arms free?
He IS watching you know. He is mad, but he is a scientist after all. Presumbably he's done it before, and people have tried oher stunts. Must kidnap alot of people to make up for the ones who bias the results with their failed escape attempts.If the electric shock somehow manages to not kill you, he walks in, and blows your damn brains out.

The primary problem with that ebbor is you can't communicate your intentions. As such, the likelihood of you both pressing it simultaneously is very, very slim.

The most interesting possible result of this is where BOTH parties decide they should be the one to be saved. The clock ticks... At around 59 minutes, they will both get very panicked. One wonders what they would do.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3264 on: January 22, 2013, 12:05:26 pm »

After I've clocked him, it doesn't matter if he's noticed me or not.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3265 on: January 22, 2013, 05:42:30 pm »

You're going to punch him through the fabric of time?

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3266 on: January 22, 2013, 05:53:28 pm »

You just discovered that the point of the experiment was to make a time travelling machine ? I discovered it tomorrow.

Jerick

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3267 on: January 23, 2013, 07:29:29 am »

Now it's been mentioned that if you drop the remote he hands it back to you. So drop the remote and use that oppertunity to grab and strangle him.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3268 on: January 23, 2013, 07:31:53 am »

I am going to fail another test YAY!

I wish I could force myself to study but ohh well.

The alternative I find worse.

What sucks is I set time to do it and ended up doing nothing.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3269 on: January 23, 2013, 09:45:06 am »

You act as if you've never done that before.

Pages: 1 ... 216 217 [218] 219 220 ... 1420