Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967947 times)

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #3240 on: January 19, 2013, 08:24:39 pm »

No, I wasn't alive before I was born. But neither did I know Daryll before I knew Daryll. I still wouldn't give him up.
Probably wouldn't let him down.
Nor would I run around and desert him.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3241 on: January 19, 2013, 08:27:29 pm »

Well, as long as you don't make him cry...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3242 on: January 19, 2013, 08:28:06 pm »

No, I wasn't alive before I was born. But neither did I know Daryll before I knew Daryll. I still wouldn't give him up.
Probably wouldn't let him down.
Nor would I run around and desert him.
Wouldn't make him cry (from non-spicy-food related causes)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3243 on: January 19, 2013, 08:31:25 pm »

Exactly the point. You weren't alive before you were born. And it wasn't so terrible. And sure, the current existance is worth fighting for, to the point that any other existance seems pale, but it IS a existance. Except for the fact that with death you aren't alive, of course.

Being scared of death is silly. Frankly the method of death is more terrifying. Getting shot must hurt, and cancer is no picnic.

Oh, and Descan, give em a moment, I want to ask you a riddle.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3244 on: January 19, 2013, 08:38:17 pm »

From the culture I made and in their language:

"Daazkvr kgaet tiir imikleund rot troen unvilwekh. Outh zekidvr troen luthrvz. Outh aukliinvr troen ledmogkdetfiir. Outhvr tiir brikard rst vae liivt."
Death is just an inconvenience to the unwilling. It feeds the hungry. It brings peace to the old immortals. It is a primary part of life.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3245 on: January 19, 2013, 08:40:28 pm »

Exactly the point. You weren't alive before you were born. And it wasn't so terrible. And sure, the current existance is worth fighting for, to the point that any other existance seems pale, but it IS a existance. Except for the fact that with death you aren't alive, of course.

Being scared of death is silly. Frankly the method of death is more terrifying. Getting shot must hurt, and cancer is no picnic.

Oh, and Descan, give em a moment, I want to ask you a riddle.
You missed my point, that just because I used to not-be-alive, does not mean it's all rational or reasonable to be willing to go back to the same state.

What riddle?
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3246 on: January 19, 2013, 09:15:13 pm »

A mad Scientist kidnaps you and Daryl. He puts you both in serperate rooms, tied to a chair, but with your arms free. This chair is a standard electrocution chair,  with wiring connected to a clock on the wall. This clock is sychronized with the one in Daryl's room, where he is in similar straits. The Scientist explains it very clearly. He will give each of you a remote, with one button on it. If you press this button, the machine engages and electrocutes you, (which, specifically, causes arythmia, stopping your heart and leading to complete circulatory failure. ThVery uncomfortable),but open's Daryl's restraints and allows him to be free. The scientist notifies you the moment the other is dead. if neither of you press it in a hour, of course, neither of you override the circuit, and BOTH of you die.

He moniters both of you during this, so there is no tomfoolery. If either of you attempt to escape, BOTH of you die right then and there. If you drop the remote, of course, he'll hand it back.

3 questions come from this, 2 depending on your answers. 1#, what will you do? 2# What will happen (which includes daryl's choice). 3# will wait a moment.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3247 on: January 19, 2013, 09:26:00 pm »

An hour? With my hands free? Please. I'd unhook myself as quickly as possible and engage the electrocution system. Since it unhooks him, he'll be free, and I can work on freeing myself. Assuming he doesn't think of the same thing.

Since the scientists informs us if the other is dead, Daryll would know I wasn't. He'd probably try and help me~

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3248 on: January 19, 2013, 09:36:09 pm »

Uhhh...

He moniters both of you during this, so there is no tomfoolery. If either of you attempt to escape, BOTH of you die right then and there.

Getting out of the chair would probably count as attempting to escape.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3249 on: January 19, 2013, 10:00:33 pm »

How would he kill us, electrocution? I already got rid of that threat.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3250 on: January 19, 2013, 10:02:22 pm »

A mad Scientist kidnaps you and Daryl. He puts you both in serperate rooms, tied to a chair, but with your arms free. This chair is a standard electrocution chair,  with wiring connected to a clock on the wall. This clock is sychronized with the one in Daryl's room, where he is in similar straits. The Scientist explains it very clearly. He will give each of you a remote, with one button on it. If you press this button, the machine engages and electrocutes you, (which, specifically, causes arythmia, stopping your heart and leading to complete circulatory failure. ThVery uncomfortable),but open's Daryl's restraints and allows him to be free. The scientist notifies you the moment the other is dead. if neither of you press it in a hour, of course, neither of you override the circuit, and BOTH of you die.

He moniters both of you during this, so there is no tomfoolery. If either of you attempt to escape, BOTH of you die right then and there. If you drop the remote, of course, he'll hand it back.

3 questions come from this, 2 depending on your answers. 1#, what will you do? 2# What will happen (which includes daryl's choice). 3# will wait a moment.

Wait until the last possible second and simultaneously hit the buttons as he tries to kill us, thus maybe restarting our organs after they're off? Depending on how much I'm prepared to risk on luck. If Daryl is more important then me, then I'll sacrifice myself. If not, I'll hope he'll do the same, but if he wont, then I'll try and stall, persuade him he has better odds with two then one, and escape by distracting the scientist, either through one of us causing a disturbance while the other innocuously frees his legs and more importantly the straps on his head and vice versa.
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3251 on: January 19, 2013, 10:02:28 pm »

Do you really want to question all the ways a Science-man can kill you?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3252 on: January 19, 2013, 10:03:21 pm »

An hour? With my hands free? Please. I'd unhook myself as quickly as possible and engage the electrocution system. Since it unhooks him, he'll be free, and I can work on freeing myself. Assuming he doesn't think of the same thing.

Since the scientists informs us if the other is dead, Daryll would know I wasn't. He'd probably try and help me~

Why are you assuming that complete circulatory failure doesn't kill you?
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3253 on: January 19, 2013, 10:04:49 pm »

What do you think "Unhook myself as quickly as possible," means, especially since I also said "[can then] work on freeing myself,"? :P

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3254 on: January 19, 2013, 10:06:29 pm »

What do you think "Unhook myself as quickly as possible," means, especially since I also said "[can then] work on freeing myself,"? :P
I would assume that Evil Science Man would be able to kill you before you do enough structural damage to the chair to free yourself.
Pages: 1 ... 215 216 [217] 218 219 ... 1420