Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968181 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #3180 on: January 17, 2013, 02:42:19 am »

Against a not-so-benevolent Thing. I'm assuming parallel universe travel or something, how we got two seperate, philosophically differing eldritch beings is not as important as what'd happen when they went toe to toe.

I mean, the benevolent guy has got the humans backing him up with flame throwers and other goodies (I'm guessing, in terms of biomass, he'd just eat like... The Amazon or something) while the Evil Twin just noms with impunity.
Wait, how did this idea come about?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: January 17, 2013, 02:56:52 am »

Just thought of it after you said, "I CANNOT STOP WONDERING WHICH CREATURE WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT AGAINST IT!"
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: January 17, 2013, 03:01:13 am »

Just thought of it after you said, "I CANNOT STOP WONDERING WHICH CREATURE WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT AGAINST IT!"
Ah. So essentially 2 separate Things, each with different cell colors or something to destinguish them during the fight, brawling Thingo a Thingo?
Nice.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: January 17, 2013, 03:58:08 am »

Basically, with the Evil Twin having indiscriminate nomming ability going for it, and the Parallel Thing having humans helping him out going for him. Kind of like, quality versus quantity, yanno?
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: January 17, 2013, 04:30:08 am »

Majora's Wrath terrified me today. I get chills up and down my spine and tense up like something terrible is about to happen. YET I CAN'T STOP LISTENING TO IT.

Mm, same here.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3185 on: January 17, 2013, 05:12:48 am »

I CAN'T STOP READING ONLINE DEBATES ABOUT THE THING! Even tough I've read them over and over, I CANNOT STOP WONDERING WHICH CREATURE WOULD WIN IN A FIGHT AGAINST IT! It's like it's infected the internet and is pre-emptively adapting to it's weaknesses by having humans debate about it.
Or maybe the thing has infected you, tailoring your mind to seek ways it can prevail in every encounter possible...

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: January 17, 2013, 06:23:19 am »

Fire east of me 15km/away, moving very quickly. Heading east thankfully, though my great-grandmother is in a nursing home in that suburb.

:/

Fire's been contained, no houses were destroyed. Ah, thank goodness...

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: January 17, 2013, 06:26:18 am »

Ah. So essentially 2 separate Things, each with different cell colors or something to destinguish them during the fight, brawling Thingo a Thingo?
Nice.
Mano a mano does not mean what you appear to think it means.

werty892

• Bay Watcher
  • Neat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: January 17, 2013, 06:33:12 am »

Exams

GOD DAMMMMMIT EXAMS.

Lich180

• Bay Watcher
  • Avatar by PlutoniumApe, "Urist McGuyFieri"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: January 17, 2013, 09:26:39 am »

Not today, but last night.

A Political Science professor told the school newspaper in an article about gun control, and I quote: "Gun companies should not be allowed to make and sell guns that are used exclusively to kill people". So what, any gun that COULD be used shouldn't be sold?

Good luck with that, lady. You're talking to a huge hunting state, and everyone who hunts or wants to owns at least a rifle. Hell, even state laws allow for the college Board of Directors to determine whether or not to allow concealed carry on campus... And my school lets you carry your weapon in the halls, or leave it in your car, but not take it into classrooms with you.

It's surprising how few people actually know what laws are in place, and how ignorant they are of their surroundings.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3190 on: January 17, 2013, 09:28:59 am »

Nice.
Mano a mano does not mean what you appear to think it means.
For the record, that means that you are tied to your opponent (hand in hand) in a bar fight.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Blargityblarg

• Bay Watcher
  • rolypolyrolypolyrolypoly
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: January 17, 2013, 09:36:34 am »

Not today, but last night.

A Political Science professor told the school newspaper in an article about gun control, and I quote: "Gun companies should not be allowed to make and sell guns that are used exclusively to kill people". So what, any gun that COULD be used shouldn't be sold?

Good luck with that, lady. You're talking to a huge hunting state, and everyone who hunts or wants to owns at least a rifle. Hell, even state laws allow for the college Board of Directors to determine whether or not to allow concealed carry on campus... And my school lets you carry your weapon in the halls, or leave it in your car, but not take it into classrooms with you.

It's surprising how few people actually know what laws are in place, and how ignorant they are of their surroundings.

Are and could be are two very different things.
Blossom of orange
Shit, nothing rhymes with orange
Wait, haikus don't rhyme

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: January 17, 2013, 09:40:10 am »

Basically, with the Evil Twin having indiscriminate nomming ability going for it, and the Parallel Thing having humans helping him out going for him. Kind of like, quality versus quantity, yanno?
So the Good Thing would win with the Power of Friendship?

It's My Little Eldritch Abomination!

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3193 on: January 17, 2013, 09:46:23 am »

I mean, the benevolent guy has got the humans backing him up with flame throwers and other goodies (I'm guessing, in terms of biomass, he'd just eat like... The Amazon or something) while the Evil Twin just noms with impunity.
Destroying a natural ecosystem as diverse as the amazon doesn't seem benevolent to me. A good Jeffrey would be the antithesis of bad Jeffrey; giving biomass to ecosystems instead of taking.

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3194 on: January 17, 2013, 10:02:41 am »

I keep having cravings for another jar of this stuff. 

Ohgodwhy. 
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 1420