Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968423 times)

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #3030 on: January 04, 2013, 12:51:04 am »

I once had sleep-deprivation-hallucinations after playing lazer-tag all night long.
I thought I was an Elite from Halo, fighting Spartans.

All Navy basic is one big sleep deprived hallucination. I remember seeing sea creatures like giant squids and the like while on watch, looking out of the window to the berthing.
Did your CO berate you for pulling the Kraken Alarm?
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Gotdamnmiracle

• Bay Watcher
  • Or I'll cut ya to dust.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3031 on: January 04, 2013, 12:59:02 am »

I once had sleep-deprivation-hallucinations after playing lazer-tag all night long.

All Navy basic is one big sleep deprived hallucination. I remember seeing sea creatures like giant squids and the like while on watch, looking out of the window to the berthing.

No, but I did have an officer of the deck tell me to stop looking so "freaking" weird and blink once in a while. I was then promptly dropped and yelled at for like 10 minutes for not blinking enough. Sleep is pretty great but you definitely don't need as much as you think.
Go back see if he's there and run him over, and drink his gun!

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3032 on: January 04, 2013, 02:35:31 am »

The fact that the paranoid schizophrenic who just moved in a couple weeks ago is watching a Western laden with rape scenes on his laptop with the door open terrifies me in a way that the other schizophrenic and his masturbating with the door open while calling my name never could.

Something about a woman screaming just makes me hurt in ways that are greater than the time I got my finger stuck a centimeter deep on the lid of a pineapple can. I hate seeing women suffer or be in some kind of painful situation. It scares me and reminds me of the abuse my mother went through at the hands of my father and other men, the abuse I witnessed first-hand as a young child and as such scarred me for life. I hate rape especially, and personally I think rapists should be publically executed as to make an example of them.

It isn't what I am seeing or hearing that is making me feel terrified though. It is my anger as a result of my environment. I am seething with a frigid rage that makes me want to punch something. Feeling like that scares me in ways that I normally am not able to be scared in. I hate feeling like this.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3033 on: January 04, 2013, 04:09:09 am »

No, but I did have an officer of the deck tell me to stop looking so "freaking" weird and blink once in a while. I was then promptly dropped and yelled at for like 10 minutes for not blinking enough. Sleep is pretty great but you definitely don't need as much as you think.

You are a God amongst monsters and men.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3034 on: January 04, 2013, 07:38:07 am »

You are a God amongst monsters and men.

I garnered a similar reaction from my laughter :D!
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3035 on: January 04, 2013, 11:09:39 am »

So the girl I met on NY has accepted the friend request on FB. I'm leaving for uni again in two days, prolly won't be back for almost two months. Need to ask her out, god damn I wish there was something like bottled balls or something for situations like this :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3036 on: January 04, 2013, 11:10:45 am »

So the girl I met on NY has accepted the friend request on FB. I'm leaving for uni again in two days, prolly won't be back for almost two months. Need to ask her out, god damn I wish there was something like bottled balls or something for situations like this :C

There is. It is called alcohol. But it also makes one semi-incoherent to those suffering from sobriety.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3037 on: January 04, 2013, 11:28:09 am »

And  I just happen to have some of it left over from the BBQ I had today. Hmmm, well beering up it is then :D

BOOZE HO!
AS - IG

Nadaka

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nadaka.us
« Reply #3038 on: January 04, 2013, 11:31:08 am »

And  I just happen to have some of it left over from the BBQ I had today. Hmmm, well beering up it is then :D

BOOZE HO!

I was mostly joking. But if you happen to be in a social setting with this chick where a little alcohol is expected, it might not hurt, or it might.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back...
I don't care cause I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me...

I turned myself into a monster, to fight against the monsters of the world.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3039 on: January 04, 2013, 11:56:41 am »

It's not social situations that I have a problem with (those are mostly filled with terror that gets pushed back because of excitement). I have the biggest issues with making the first step, always had, it's like jumping off a cliff, it takes ages to force myself to make the step into the empty space, but once mid air I find myself not wanting to stop falling.

Also something I've noticed recently, whenever I'm troubled, or afraid or don't know how to react I calm myself by imagining that I'm falling, not sure why but the idea of freefall is soothing and usually works very well.
AS - IG

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #3040 on: January 04, 2013, 12:03:38 pm »

" it's like jumping off a cliff, it takes ages to force myself to make the step into the empty space, but once mid air I find myself not wanting to stop falling."

And for good reasons, too. Once you stop falling you splatter
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3041 on: January 04, 2013, 12:05:42 pm »

Well I'd like to imagine myself landing like a badass in one of those superhero poses with that badass look in my eyes and a big huge crater created on the place of impact.

AS - IG

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3042 on: January 04, 2013, 12:36:34 pm »

Probably because if you're in freefall then things are already beyond your control and it relieves the burden of "don't screw up".

Or in the words of Jack Handey, "If you go parachuting, and your parachute doesn't open, and you friends are all watching you fall, I think a funny gag would be to pretend you were swimming."

I would totally do that, because really....what good is screaming and flailing going to do?

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3043 on: January 04, 2013, 12:40:39 pm »

It's not social situations that I have a problem with (those are mostly filled with terror that gets pushed back because of excitement). I have the biggest issues with making the first step, always had, it's like jumping off a cliff, it takes ages to force myself to make the step into the empty space, but once mid air I find myself not wanting to stop falling.

Also something I've noticed recently, whenever I'm troubled, or afraid or don't know how to react I calm myself by imagining that I'm falling, not sure why but the idea of freefall is soothing and usually works very well.
That's actually how i feel when i jump off the diving board in the local pool. So the methaphor is completely right.

E:@Redking

Well, I would open the reserve parachute, but whatever floats your boat I guess.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3044 on: January 04, 2013, 12:52:34 pm »

Well pretend a bit before opening it, just not too late, face hurts in that case.

And yeah, the whole freefall theory was kinda crafted when I jumped off this five or so meter high rock in a river that's not too far from here. It was both terrifying and awesome at the same time (also cold because fuck you early spring).
AS - IG
Pages: 1 ... 201 202 [203] 204 205 ... 1420