Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968429 times)

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #2940 on: December 28, 2012, 02:38:07 pm »

Dentist prepared me for the 1 and a half hour horror that's to come tomorrow: the placing of braces. This only took 5 minutes and was placing a few rings inbetween my back teeth to make place for the braces, but i freaked out.
enjoy not eating bread for the next 3 days after each visit
I ate bread.
Like a boss.
Just cut it in very small pieces and squash those pieces against the back of your teeth.
i ate a sandwich when i got out, worse decision :P

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: December 29, 2012, 02:05:29 am »

Imagelinks for Nightmare Fuel on TVTropes GO!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: December 29, 2012, 08:07:10 am »

Dentist prepared me for the 1 and a half hour horror that's to come tomorrow: the placing of braces. This only took 5 minutes and was placing a few rings inbetween my back teeth to make place for the braces, but i freaked out.
enjoy not eating bread for the next 3 days after each visit
I ate bread.
Like a boss.
Just cut it in very small pieces and squash those pieces against the back of your teeth.

Poor Miauw :(
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: December 29, 2012, 08:34:49 am »

*aaaaaaaaugh girls panic attack aagh*

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: December 29, 2012, 08:39:36 am »

I got woken up at around three-in-the-morning by three of my roommates arguing. Apparently the new guy that moved in this past Thursday is a member of the Northern California Chapter of Hell's Angels. He threatened to have his buddies swarm this place just because one of my roommates was too noisy.

Imagine hearing that at three-in-the-morning when you have both a tendency for nightmares and a tendency to panic when people start yelling and making death threats. Needless to say I'm scared shitless and I was unable to go back to sleep.

DrPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • In Russia Putin strikes meteor
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: December 29, 2012, 09:02:01 am »

I got woken up at around three-in-the-morning by three of my roommates arguing. Apparently the new guy that moved in this past Thursday is a member of the Northern California Chapter of Hell's Angels. He threatened to have his buddies swarm this place just because one of my roommates was too noisy.

Imagine hearing that at three-in-the-morning when you have both a tendency for nightmares and a tendency to panic when people start yelling and making death threats. Needless to say I'm scared shitless and I was unable to go back to sleep.

hes proably just bitching around
Would the owner of an ounce of dignity please contact the mall security?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: December 29, 2012, 11:09:58 am »

Quiet voice, threaten to frame them with a criminal record.  :P. I'm surprised more people don't exploit such threats with the intellect to back it up.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:13:37 am by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Arcjolt (useful) Chilly The Endoplasm Jiggles

Hums with potential    a flying minotaur

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2947 on: December 29, 2012, 11:27:41 am »

Quiet voice, threaten to frame them with a criminal record.  :P. I'm surprised more people don't exploit such threats with the intellect to back it up.
Questionable morality?

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: December 29, 2012, 11:29:51 am »

Not in that kind of situation. More on the lines of you wonder why the older students who get viciously bullied in high-school don't take steps otherwise (edit: where applicable. I'm fully aware of the circumstances that can lead to bullying). Intellect is rarely ever used as a threat, but when it is it leaves a much longer lasting impression then sticks and stones.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 11:33:49 am by Novel »
Reading a thinner book

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2949 on: December 29, 2012, 11:37:24 am »

Not in that kind of situation. More on the lines of you wonder why the older students who get viciously bullied in high-school don't take steps otherwise (edit: where applicable. I'm fully aware of the circumstances that can lead to bullying). Intellect is rarely ever used as a threat, but when it is it leaves a much longer lasting impression then sticks and stones.
With intellect also comes better understandings; both in the actions of you and others. I don't want to get too preachy, but it can cause more damage than a simple punch could ever do.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: December 29, 2012, 11:39:47 am »

My thoughts exactly. Nevertheless, a simple threat can be surprisingly effective, and it doesn't even need to be psychologically damaging.
Reading a thinner book

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: December 29, 2012, 01:59:58 pm »

That's the idea :P. Honestly, though, dei with intellect alone is far from defenseless against muscles.
Reading a thinner book

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: December 29, 2012, 03:20:45 pm »

hes proably just bitching around
I heard from the other roommates involved that he took off moments after making the threats this morning. Threats of any kind are also grounds for termination from this program and eviction from this property, seeing as this assisted living facility is supposed to be a safe environment.

I do not make threats. I make promises and I follow through with them to the best of my ability.

My intellectual capabilities are better used for avoiding violent and dangerous situations to begin with, and to a lesser extent diplomacy. There are reasons why it is actually safe for me to go outside at night in the ghetto where I live while it is not safe for the people I know who have military training to even consider such a thing.

With intellect also comes better understandings; both in the actions of you and others. I don't want to get too preachy, but it can cause more damage than a simple punch could ever do.
This holds true in many situations for me despite the problems I deal with thanks to Asperger's Syndrome that make dealing with people more difficult than dealing with them should be.

Yeah, but you're on about getting the law involved.

In AMERICA!

Get the law involved in America, and you have fucked up the victim's life. Even more so if it involves drugs.
This is very true. I don't mean to offend anyone but the laws of the United States of America are why I don't plan on dating anyone in the foreseeable future, and are also why I don't plan on going to nightclubs or parties. There are too many things you have to consider with the law to even approach a female my age for conversation from what I understand.

That's the idea :P. Honestly, though, dei with intellect alone is far from defenseless against muscles.
This is quite true in many situations. However like I have said I prefer to avoid violent and dangerous situations entirely and prevent them before they even have a chance to transpire. It's usually very effective.

Scoops Novel

• Bay Watcher
  • Talismanic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: December 29, 2012, 05:07:38 pm »

I do not make threats. I make promises

Sure :P.

My point is that this:

Imagine hearing that at three-in-the-morning when you have both a tendency for nightmares and a tendency to panic when people start yelling and making death threats.Needless to say I'm scared shitless and I was unable to go back to sleep.

is unnecessary, given that everyone seems to be alive and unhurt.
Reading a thinner book

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #2954 on: December 31, 2012, 06:57:59 am »

I'm curious.
What does it feel like to hear a Perish Song?
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 1420