Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969284 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #2685 on: November 09, 2012, 05:51:25 pm »

I had a mini heart attack today when I was leaning back on my chair, went too far, but it hit the desk behind me, stopping me from going any further.

It's like one of those cartoon moments where the comic relief character drags out this big dramatic moment where they think they're about to fall to their deaths, and then the camera zooms out to show the fall was only a few inches.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: November 10, 2012, 03:54:35 am »

This doesn't terrify me anymore, but seeing the Brothers Grimm movie at the age of 10 ...
The motherfucking horse. You know which one if you've seen it.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

dei

• Bay Watcher
  • Someone.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: November 10, 2012, 05:44:57 am »

My roommate should really stop with the sexual harassment. I am starting to have paranoid thoughts and nightmares about him sexually assaulting me and it's keeping me up at night.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2688 on: November 10, 2012, 05:56:57 am »

My roommate should really stop with the sexual harassment. I am starting to have paranoid thoughts and nightmares about him sexually assaulting me and it's keeping me up at night.
What the fuck-Have you told him to stop? You told someone else?

Nega

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Lizard Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: November 10, 2012, 10:13:48 am »

Oh-kay! Time to get up from bed and look at my favorite Sonic The Hedgehog RP Forum! Wait...why does it say Go Daddy!?
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

AAAAAHHHH!  :o

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: November 10, 2012, 10:43:44 am »

So, uh, got home from watching a movie(involving serial killers, serial killer-killers and serial killer-killer-killers, incidentally) fairly late. I live in a share house.
I find my door... Open. Now, I was in quite a hurry as I left, since I was late for said movie and I missed the bus, etc. But my door... Open? That's the sort of thing I'm pedantic about. And then I stepped in and glanced around and saw stuff strewn across the floor, clothes and papers chucked seemingly at random about the place. I'm pretty sure my heartbeat sped up a bit there.

And then I realised my room is so messy I would never even know if someone did toss the place. :o

So then I was like, "Meh."
that's why I'm glad I live in a apartment buildin with a doorman. No one's getting in without waking up the whole neighborhood.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: November 10, 2012, 06:32:15 pm »

What the fuck-Have you told him to stop? You told someone else?
I agree- What the fuck. Why - how - wha - you should tell someone else.
Sig! Onol

GaxkangtheUnbound

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: November 10, 2012, 06:51:57 pm »

I recently found one of those 'Scary Stories to tell in the Dark' books with the disturbing images on the cover and in the books themselves(you know what they look like if you've ever seen them. I warn you, they are extreme nightmare fuel. Search with caution.) While the pictures are pretty tame compared to the horrors of the internet, I'm still very antsy whenever I see the book, simply due to the fact that those books were in an elementary school library, and that's when I first read them.
Said book is now in the trash, and I hope to forget about the series, for it still raises nightmares for me.
Proud of my heritage.
Prepare to lose your sanity.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: November 10, 2012, 06:53:11 pm »

I recently found one of those 'Scary Stories to tell in the Dark' books with the disturbing images on the cover and in the books themselves(you know what they look like if you've ever seen them. I warn you, they are extreme nightmare fuel. Search with caution.) While the pictures are pretty tame compared to the horrors of the internet, I'm still very antsy whenever I see the book, simply due to the fact that those books were in an elementary school library, and that's when I first read them.
Said book is now in the trash, and I hope to forget about the series, for it still raises nightmares for me.

Yep. Hate those pictures. Saw them first in 4th grade.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: November 10, 2012, 06:56:20 pm »

SWEER MOTHERFUCK. DON'T REMIND ME ABOUT THAT BOOK YOU BASTARD. EVER.

I could not sleep for ages After that, I couldn't even stand to look in a dark room. And the stories.

This book is so bad they banned it(as best the could) until they printed a version with less-terrrifying pictures. I guess there are still copies of the other one floating around.

NEVER SPEAK OF THIS AGAIN.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: November 10, 2012, 06:57:03 pm »

Yep. Hate those pictures. Saw them first in 4th grade.
Kindergarden. Who da fuq put those in a kindergarden library?
Sig! Onol

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: November 10, 2012, 07:44:44 pm »

Oh my god, I loved those books so much. I bought all three of them just for the pictures.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: November 10, 2012, 07:46:48 pm »

Oh my god, I loved those books so much. I bought all three of them just for the pictures.

>:c
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: November 10, 2012, 07:46:53 pm »

Them fuckin books, man.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

SomeStupidGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Just strummin' right along...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: November 10, 2012, 07:47:35 pm »

Those books are what got me into horror. I loved 'em.
Soooooo great.
Your favorite pinko progressive nerd-gal. Probably.
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 1420