Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968983 times)

FearfulJesuit

• Bay Watcher
  • True neoliberalism has never been tried
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #2385 on: October 14, 2012, 02:31:39 pm »

copulate with the Earth.

That could infer either wanting to reproduce with the planet or all of its population.

Giant Naked Rei called, she feels lonely.

@Footjob, you can microwave most grains I've tried pretty easily through the microwave, even if they aren't packaged for it.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2386 on: October 14, 2012, 02:39:45 pm »

This video scared the crap out of me.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2387 on: October 14, 2012, 02:51:52 pm »

This video scared the crap out of me.
The only part that scared me started at 0:39. My eyes are burning now.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2388 on: October 16, 2012, 10:53:50 am »

My professor just took 45 minutes to work through a problem similar to the ones we were assigned for homework. He then promptly assigned seven of them... due tomorrow :'(
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2389 on: October 16, 2012, 11:00:20 am »

My professor just took 45 minutes to work through a problem similar to the ones we were assigned for homework. He then promptly assigned seven of them... due tomorrow :'(
is it just me, or do teachers/professors seem to enjoy making sure you have no social life?
The problem is that they each assume that nobody else will assign anything serious, so they mound the homework on top of you. Then because all of them assume that, you end up with hours and hours of work and all your tests are on the same day.
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Telgin

• Bay Watcher
  • Professional Programmer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2390 on: October 16, 2012, 01:06:16 pm »

is it just me, or do teachers/professors seem to enjoy making sure you have no social life?

They all went through gradschool and had to deal with years of no social life.  Now it's their turn to inflict that on even the undergrads.  :)
Through pain, I find wisdom.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2391 on: October 16, 2012, 02:22:34 pm »

They all went through gradschool and had to deal with years of no social life.  Now it's their turn to inflict that on even the undergrads.  :)

Bingo - got it in one. Any of my students who take over my mantle will do the same to thier students. Its the cycle of "Drill Sgt. McNasty".
This is a blank sig.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #2392 on: October 16, 2012, 02:33:30 pm »

The problem is that they each assume that nobody else will assign anything serious, so they mound the homework on top of you. Then because all of them assume that, you end up with hours and hours of work and all your tests are on the same day.
Oh they know. They knoowwww.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2393 on: October 16, 2012, 06:00:24 pm »

If I ever become a professor for some reason (it's not like I can assign martial arts homework...right?) My only homework assigned (unless I was forced to assign it,) would be "Go out, have some fun, read this little bit of something, and try to get laid, 'kay?"

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2394 on: October 16, 2012, 06:03:33 pm »

I pretty sure you can assign practice time.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2395 on: October 16, 2012, 06:04:00 pm »

Even if I could, I never would. I mean, people gotta have lives, right? Even if they don't, there's video games.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2396 on: October 16, 2012, 06:06:08 pm »

MZ, just tell them to practice while waiting for something. Cooking a pot pie? MARTIAL ARTS THE COUCH!
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2397 on: October 16, 2012, 06:09:10 pm »

MZ, just tell them to practice while waiting for something. Cooking a pot pie? MARTIAL ARTS THE COUCH!
This is martial arts we're talking about. Integrate it INTO your cooking! Karate chop those carrots!
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2398 on: October 16, 2012, 06:11:04 pm »

This is martial arts we're talking about. Integrate it INTO your cooking! Karate chop those carrots!
You know, of all the martial arts I've at least dabbled in, Karate has never been one of them. Weird to think about.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2399 on: October 16, 2012, 06:11:09 pm »

what if you need to sharpen your knives?

your hands are your knives, so...
...you rub them between two round rocks. It's not like knife-sharpening has to involve screaming blades and sparks everywhere.
My wooden badge was delicious.
Pages: 1 ... 158 159 [160] 161 162 ... 1420