Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968854 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #2355 on: October 13, 2012, 12:13:25 am »

The eyes of the BlAdeprince see into the mind of the Victim. She screams. SCREAMS. The knife brought into her arm. Memory. Running. Far away. Hunger. Need to eat. She just ate. Not enough. Why. WHY?! She trusted him, but he turned. He shed his blood unto her. Her stomach will not fill. She runs, escapes the blue building.

YOU'RE ONE OF THEM NOW.

nononoi'mnoti'mnot

YOU'RE IN DENIAL.

whoareyouwhyareyouinmyheadWHYDOYOUTORMENTME?

THAT IS NONE OF YOUR CONCERN, MY CHILD.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2356 on: October 13, 2012, 01:23:07 am »

Females terrified me today. That is all.
D:

How so?
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: October 13, 2012, 01:12:41 pm »

It's the breasts.

They look like eyes. Nipple irises. Always watching.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: October 13, 2012, 01:19:44 pm »

The world you live in is terrifying, Descan.

At least there's butts, though.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: October 13, 2012, 02:43:26 pm »

Edit: Never mind, realized it's not that terrifying.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 03:22:01 pm by Vorthon »

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: October 13, 2012, 03:31:45 pm »

watching the stream for the Game of Dwarves then i remember something, I REMEMBERED THIS SHIT FROM MY DREAM MONTHS AGO O_o

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: October 13, 2012, 03:45:22 pm »

watching the stream for the Game of Dwarves then i remember something, I REMEMBERED THIS SHIT FROM MY DREAM MONTHS AGO O_o

Oh, that happens all the time for me.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: October 13, 2012, 05:04:00 pm »

I know, right? Although personally I find humans of any gender quite terrifying to interact with, until I get to know them. Or am drunk, apparently.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: October 13, 2012, 06:45:53 pm »

Tommorrow (well today, except I haven't gone to sleep yet) the project I agreed to work on officaly starts. I'm doing site and general visual design, I have zero expirience with the stuff and my vector graphics skills are pretty non-existent. So besides having to learn all this stuff from pretty much scratch I will also be doing some visual stuff for a game of sorts that's also being worked on by the same guys, this would be pretty ok, except, I'm doing enviroments among other things, something I'm not too comfortable with.

Apart from that I should also be studying for several hours each day, stuff that's mostly either "boring me out of my freaking brains" or "rage inducing levels of headache".

All of this is amounting to certain amounts of pressure and fear of failure, and I do terribly under pressure, especially when failure is thrown into the mix. I just tend to withdraw into whatever is keeping me away from the real world at the time, something I can't really afford to do now.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: October 13, 2012, 06:48:14 pm »

I know, right? Although personally I find humans of any gender quite terrifying to interact with, until I get to know them. Or am drunk, apparently.

Yeah. I can interact with men well enough, and I actually get along with women a lot better, but they make me unreasonably nervous after all the failed relationships.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #2365 on: October 13, 2012, 09:36:36 pm »

Yeah. I can interact with men well enough, and I actually get along with women a lot better, but they make me unreasonably nervous after all the failed relationships.
Give me demons, give me zombies, give me the Devil in the flesh... I can give less a shit about those things. Other human beings, however, and our potential to be our absolute worst at any time (even just for the hell of it)... I mean, other human beings, in general, scare me more than any other horror-terror ever conceived (although, ironically, horror movie villains don't phase me so much; human-type, that is). A quick glance at this trope tells all.

What a shame, Real Life examples are gone. Thanks, other humans, for ruining it for the rest of us. This is why we can't have nice things.

A more fair example, get bullied for much of your life, and you'll learn to fear other humans more than your worst nightmares.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2012, 09:39:13 pm by Itnetlolor »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: October 13, 2012, 10:20:11 pm »

A more fair example, get bullied for much of your life, and you'll learn to fear other humans more than your worst nightmares.

People do have an infinite capacity for cruelty, but most people do not go there.  Social dynamics are weird.  I was bullied for a long time and had zero friends through much of my childhood as well.  I've pretty well gotten over it.  It's sure as hell had an effect on my worldview, but not on my appraisal of humanity in general.  There are just certain situations where people get singled out for cruelty, and it's very rarely more than a small group of individuals who instigate it.  Everyone else becomes passive participant for various reasons.  They don't want to single themselves out in opposition to the group activity and just end up in your place.  They don't understand what it's like to be in your place, and it doesn't sink in until much later that they should have opposed.  They think that being forced to stick up for yourself will make you stronger, and they're actually helping you by not stepping in.  There's lots of reasons these things happen, and they're all very fucked up reasons... but it doesn't mean that people are bad.  Just flawed.  Mainly our social structures are flawed and produce a flawed culture where damaged people spread their damage to others, and non-damaged people don't understand.

I used to think that everyone in the fucked up small town where I grew up was against me... and they were, in a sense... but it wasn't that everyone was actively against me.  The social dynamics were against me.  I was the odd one out in their community, and that made me the target for a few fucked up people.  Everyone else didn't know how to handle what was going on between me and those fucked up people, and their presence usually weighed against me because, as the odd one out, they understood my side of things the least.  It also doesn't help that most of the authority figures that could have done something about it were incredibly bigoted and corrupt, and thought that I deserved whatever I was getting.  First, I was non-christian.  This alone made me not worthy of protection.  Then I got picked on, and this turned me to counter-culture.  I became rebellious.  Listened to the wrong music, wore the wrong clothes, etc.  At that point, I was "the problem", and so the bullies had the full support of the institution.

Then I escaped that community, became close with people who had social skills and well-established circles.  Things got better.  Now I can handle myself in most social situations.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: October 14, 2012, 12:50:43 am »

Then I escaped that community, became close with people who had social skills and well-established circles.  Things got better.  Now I can handle myself in most social situations.

And for the rest of those social situations, there is Remington shotguns. :P
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: October 14, 2012, 01:00:04 am »

And for the rest of those social situations, there is Remington shotguns. :P
Listen up, you primitive screwheads. This IS MY BOOMSTICK!

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: October 14, 2012, 01:26:30 am »

To be honest, I actually find it easier to 'chat' with girls than with the average male. Mainly because, where I live, the "average male" is a thuggish bogan who drinks goon, listens to dubstep, drives a truck and is about as interesting to talk to as a brick wall. :P

There are some cool people though, I find. Apparently you just have to look hard enough to find 'em.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.
Pages: 1 ... 156 157 [158] 159 160 ... 1420