Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969070 times)

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #2295 on: October 08, 2012, 01:18:05 am »

Yeah I used to be in the same boat, so I know how awful it it. Especially when you have something to do the next day, because that will be when your body will actually let/try to make you sleep. Thankfully I now have medication that helps me sleep. Have you talked to your doctor about sleeping pills?
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))
The fedora guy has potentially lethal amounts of swag :v

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2296 on: October 08, 2012, 01:22:38 am »

I'll go ahead and be that guy who liked the whole Matrix trilogy.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #2297 on: October 08, 2012, 01:24:10 am »

* kaijyuu spits out grass stem

We don't take kindly to your kind 'round these parts.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2298 on: October 08, 2012, 01:26:29 am »

* Sad Keanu stops being sad
((No.  ER Lasers are tickle generators, and dispense hugs, loves, and puppies.))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2299 on: October 08, 2012, 01:37:20 am »

I thought the trilogy was ok. I didn't have the same issues as everyone else, mostly because unlike everyone I understood it to the extent that parodies on the archetect scene either confused or frustrated me, but even then it just seemed more or less like a random movie.

Along with this there was no real reason to continue the first movie anyway unless they invented something new. It was a battle that could never be won.

It wasn't as hurtful a sequel as I've seen some movies do. For example Starwars Episode 3 if you were invested in ANY of the villains.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2300 on: October 08, 2012, 01:40:20 am »

I have watched the whole Matrix trilogy, but I don't quite mind it...I just like the premise of the first one better. Plus lack of plot holes (The Source).
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2301 on: October 08, 2012, 01:45:13 am »

I have watched the whole Matrix trilogy, but I don't quite mind it...I just like the premise of the first one better. Plus lack of plot holes (The Source).

Yeah anything unexplained in the first movie could at least be chalked up to "We don't know"

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2302 on: October 08, 2012, 01:54:48 am »

Yeah I used to be in the same boat, so I know how awful it it. Especially when you have something to do the next day, because that will be when your body will actually let/try to make you sleep. Thankfully I now have medication that helps me sleep. Have you talked to your doctor about sleeping pills?

That sounds nearly impossible to get... I'll just ask my father for the other sleeping pills I used to take. Those usually work.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2303 on: October 08, 2012, 02:22:53 am »

I thought the trilogy was ok. I didn't have the same issues as everyone else, mostly because unlike everyone I understood it to the extent that parodies on the archetect scene either confused or frustrated me, but even then it just seemed more or less like a random movie.

Even though the first was by far the best, I loved them all.  I have always got the impression that most people just didn't get the philosophical expositions, like the architect scene.  I know there are more valid complaints, but most of them don't bother me either.  I've heard complaints about how they paid less attention to character development and plot, but I fucking loved that they unashamedly bounced back and forth between overly drawn out insane fight scenes and dialogues that belonged in a philosophy textbook.  Of course, the other major thing they had going against them was the first movie was just so damn groundbreaking, no follow up could possibly have a chance of leaving the same impression.  I give the Wachowskis major credit for taking that opportunity to follow up a major mass-audience success with two movies that obviously would not have the same mass appeal.  The whole work just embraced what it was, instead of watering itself down in the course of trying to keep everyone on board... unlike the other major movie trilogy it was competing with at the time.  My only complaint is that I wasn't satisfied with their final non-answer to the nature of free will, but then it would be unreasonable for me to expect a hollywood movie to successfully tackle a question that has perplexed great minds for centuries.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2304 on: October 08, 2012, 02:25:11 am »

Yep. Then again I really need to rewatch the trilogy; I'm a little rusty as to what happens at all...
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2305 on: October 08, 2012, 02:25:45 am »

That sounds nearly impossible to get... I'll just ask my father for the other sleeping pills I used to take. Those usually work.

A doctor? That sucks D=

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #2306 on: October 08, 2012, 02:26:32 am »

Yep. Then again I really need to rewatch the trilogy; I'm a little rusty as to what happens at all...

Me too.  I've also had The Animatrix for years, but never got around to watching it.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2307 on: October 08, 2012, 02:43:15 am »

A doctor? That sucks D=

You know how hard it was to get Asthma medication? Or Infection medicine?

I don't even want to think about "Hey, I sometimes become terrified of sleeping... can I have medicine so I can sleep?"

Kedly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2308 on: October 08, 2012, 02:58:44 am »

It sounds like you have a shitty doctor D=. It should be pretty obvious who needs asthma meds and who doesnt

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2309 on: October 08, 2012, 03:00:44 am »

It sounds like you have a shitty doctor D=. It should be pretty obvious who needs asthma meds and who doesnt

Free clinics are absolutely TERRIBLE...
Pages: 1 ... 152 153 [154] 155 156 ... 1420