Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968933 times)

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #1875 on: September 24, 2012, 12:50:13 pm »

Venison is awesome.  It's something I rarely get to have.
Never even had a single bite before :(

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 24, 2012, 02:10:15 pm »

Venison is awesome.  It's something I rarely get to have.
Never even had a single bite before :(
While I've never had venison before, I have had a fair amount of elk meat (which is sort of halfway between beef and venison). After all when you shoot an elk even after cleaning and cutting you still often have a couple hundred pound of elk meat, so you get to taste it in a lot of different ways. :P
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 24, 2012, 02:36:49 pm »

Yeah but there's this method of aging venison where I live and the result, if done properly, is amazing.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1878 on: September 24, 2012, 02:40:34 pm »

I prefer fat meat myself, the taste just makes my tastebuds feel joy and glee. The fact that my metabolism can still handle it is a plus. :U

Anyways, terrifying thing: Not so much today as it was last night, since i had a horrifyingly gory dream. The odd part is that i was inadvertently watching this show on the TV that in my dream was called "Exorcist", even though it was probably unrelated to The Exorcist (never watched it, only ever saw that well-known screamer image). It did, however, feature a creepy undead girl, who for reasons unknown caused the extremely gruesome deaths of people nearby. Deaths that would make even Dorf Fortress seem mild, with blood spraying and organs flying in full HD view. And creepy undead girl. So naturally, because i really don't like gory movies (correction, i REALLY don't like them, even though ), i cover my eyes with one arm and try to switch channels with the other. Of course, the buttons i press don't work, and even though my arm was blocking my view to the screen, I COULD STILL SEE IT. Kind of like if it had only covered one eye, except it covered both. That was pretty unnerving in and of itself, but while more gruesome events unfold (and the creepy dead girl stared at the camera), i have the presence of mind to try some other buttons on the remote. I manage to switch over to National Geographic, which promptly displayed that "NEXT PROGRAM: <X>" screen we all know and love. Guess what the X was? That's right, "Exorcist". What it was doing on NatGeo is beyond me, but then again, it was a dream. Then i was like "nope" and switched to Discovery, and then all was well.

What worries me is that this isn't the only ultra-violent dream i've had this month (though it was actually the least terrifying of them), even though i have no particular reason to be dreaming of it. I have a nice life, there are no assholes in the group of people i see on a daily basis (so nobody deserving of such violence), and overall i'm pretty happy. Maybe it's a really bad case of invasive thoughts that get into my dreams as well, because some of them are both sickening and appalling. Let's just say that i would NOT want to be a dream reader checking those dreams out for lulz.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 24, 2012, 05:25:16 pm »

Just realized I've never had a gory dream that I can recall.  My bad dreams are always some kind of existential horror that cuts deep life-not-worth-living territory or just general creepiness.

The only one I can remember that might come close is one dream that was dominated by these children with deformed, featureless faces (somewhat like the children in The Wall film).  It was one of those escalating survival horror dreams.  They were only an occasional background feature at first.  Throughout the dream there were more and more of them until it was all about trying to escape them.  The thing that was really freaky about them was they... sort of... melted things.  It wasn't like they touched something and it melted.  They clawed at things, and whatever they clawed was like warm butter that ceased to exist as their hands passed through it.  The gorey part was when they got their hands on a person.  I still don't consider it a nightmare, though, because when my alarm clock woke me, I was only mildly creeped out by it... even though the last thing I remember was me, my wife, and our kids all piling into a car to escape, but the car wouldn't start and they were claw-melting their way through to us.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 24, 2012, 05:38:46 pm »

I am legitimately terrified that some of you have never had jerky venison. D:

Edit: WTF, MZ?
« Last Edit: September 24, 2012, 05:40:37 pm by MaximumZero »

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 24, 2012, 05:39:16 pm »

I'm a jerk, does that count?

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 24, 2012, 05:40:35 pm »

Only if you let me eat you.

You could eat yourself, but that's just mastication.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 24, 2012, 05:40:53 pm »

I meant venison, so no. Also, I've corrected that.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.

Shook

• Bay Watcher
  • ◦ ◡ ◦
    • View Profile
    • DeviantArt page
« Reply #1884 on: September 24, 2012, 05:57:20 pm »

I've had venison... Wasn't my favourite thing, really. Probably because it wasn't cooked to the level of perfection you guys have described. Might still change my mind if i happen upon that, though.

@SalmonGod: oh god deformed faces

A long time phobia of mine. Deformed and screaming faces in particular really get me, which, when paired with my easily startled nature, REALLY doesn't help anything when i'm faced with a screamer prank. I know that feeling where it's not a nightmare even though it should be, the dream i had didn't make me wake up trembling in fear (which did happen once in my early childhood). It was like "man that was a nasty dreamZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ". Genuine nightmares will have you (or me, for what it's worth) sleepless for an extended period of time, possibly leaving a scar in your memory that stays for quite a while. In fact, i can STILL remember the first really bad nightmare i had, which was back when i still went to kindergarten. It's not really scary to think of any more (except one of them, which might well be the origin of multiple phobias), so i won't bother describing them. Hell, even the one that still unnerves me would probably just sound silly to you, because looking objectively at it in my memory doesn't produce a whole lot of things that would be even mildly scary to others. It's just... That sense of fear is still lingering with the memory. I'm sure y'all know what i mean.
Twitter i guess
also deviantART page
Quote from: Girlinhat
It may be worthwhile to have the babies fall into ring of fortifications or windows, to prevent anyone from catching and saving them.
[01:27] <Octomobile> MMM THATS GOOD FIST BUTTER

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: September 24, 2012, 05:59:07 pm »

I believe I had venison once, when I was like 12. I know I've had actual buffalo before, on a burger.

You could eat yourself, but that's just mastication.
I am stealing this joke. Just fyi.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 24, 2012, 06:01:44 pm »

I've had venison... Wasn't my favourite thing, really. Probably because it wasn't cooked to the level of perfection you guys have described. Might still change my mind if i happen upon that, though.

If I ever get the chance, I'm sending you a jar of that aged venison I mentioned. Looks like canned dog food, tastes amazing.

I believe I had venison once, when I was like 12. I know I've had actual buffalo before, on a burger.

You're getting a jar as well.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 24, 2012, 06:05:12 pm »

I'll have to politely decline, unless you have your hands on a Star Trek replicator that can make venison out of inorganic materials.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 24, 2012, 06:06:09 pm »

But why? I'll deliver it by hand, if need be!

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: September 24, 2012, 06:06:20 pm »

@SalmonGod: oh god deformed faces

A long time phobia of mine. Deformed and screaming faces in particular really get me, which, when paired with my easily startled nature, REALLY doesn't help anything when i'm faced with a screamer prank. I know that feeling where it's not a nightmare even though it should be, the dream i had didn't make me wake up trembling in fear (which did happen once in my early childhood). It was like "man that was a nasty dreamZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ". Genuine nightmares will have you (or me, for what it's worth) sleepless for an extended period of time, possibly leaving a scar in your memory that stays for quite a while. In fact, i can STILL remember the first really bad nightmare i had, which was back when i still went to kindergarten. It's not really scary to think of any more (except one of them, which might well be the origin of multiple phobias), so i won't bother describing them. Hell, even the one that still unnerves me would probably just sound silly to you, because looking objectively at it in my memory doesn't produce a whole lot of things that would be even mildly scary to others. It's just... That sense of fear is still lingering with the memory. I'm sure y'all know what i mean.
You silly people and your silly dreams.

Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 1420