Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968867 times)

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #1830 on: September 19, 2012, 04:12:26 pm »

I've always found dentist's offices to be incredibly relaxing. It's nice to just sit back and let someone make your face look better with drugs, needles, and whirring tools.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1831 on: September 19, 2012, 04:14:31 pm »

I kinda feel sorry for the dentists. I mean, they have to stare into people's disgusting mouths for hours.

Well, I felt sorry for them at least, until I saw my bill. Then they lost all sympathy :P
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1832 on: September 19, 2012, 04:33:41 pm »

I always flip out before I get to the dentist and then when I get there I realize I was exaggerating everything and calm down.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1833 on: September 19, 2012, 07:29:08 pm »

It'd be easier to just forgo the the dental hygiene part and just hire somebody to torture you for an hour.
Try two hours under gas and half doped up on novocaine. I was ready to push the guy out of the window, but then i remember i can't pull out my own wisdom teeth :P
It took them two hours to take your wisdom teeth out? My dentist took mine out in a little under an hour, not counting the time while I was sitting waiting for the painkillers to take effect before they started. I was conscious for the whole thing, and it's surprising just how hard they push on your jaw to get your wisdom teeth out.
my bottom ones were impacted against my molars so the doc had to cut them into 8 pieces and move them around to pull them out.

While on the dentistry stuff, i have a recurring dream where one of my molars pop out of my mouth and get that sick feeling of blood pouring out and empty spot in my mouth of a crucial tooth.

I think Freudian psychology says that's really about a fear of impotence.

But that Freud guy was pretty obsessed with sex.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1834 on: September 20, 2012, 10:50:46 am »

I gave myself a 15000 volt (give or take a few hundred either way) shock today...

Basically, I was helping some students with some work on an electrostatics experiment (verifying coulombs law, determining spark point of air...), and lent a little too close to a highly charged sphere. WHAM! There was a massive cracking noise as it earthed into the side of my head. One of the students swears there was an arc off my hand onto the steel frame of the lab stool too. Didnt hurt much at all, as although the voltage was high, the actual current going through me was pretty small.
This is a blank sig.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1835 on: September 20, 2012, 12:04:55 pm »

Fun stuff. My middle school science teacher had all sorts of horror stories about accidents with those things. One guy lost a couple fingers iirc.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1836 on: September 20, 2012, 03:25:58 pm »

I was watching Mythbusters and mucking around with my laptop last night. Next thing I know, it's morning and I'm pantsless. And my laptop is no longer on my bed. Instead, it's put away neatly in its case. And my pants are on the floor. I was wearing a belt last night, and the belt was undone on said pants this morning. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #1837 on: September 20, 2012, 03:38:38 pm »

I was watching Mythbusters and mucking around with my laptop last night. Next thing I know, it's morning and I'm pantsless. And my laptop is no longer on my bed. Instead, it's put away neatly in its case. And my pants are on the floor. I was wearing a belt last night, and the belt was undone on said pants this morning. WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED LAST NIGHT?

If you ask me, you have an alternate personality who took over your body.  :P

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1838 on: September 20, 2012, 03:49:32 pm »

You haven't seen nothing until you met a plasma arc

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1839 on: September 20, 2012, 04:42:46 pm »

I dunno but it sounds like something worth remembering.

Skyrunner

• Bay Watcher
  • ?!?!
    • View Profile
    • Portfolio
« Reply #1840 on: September 20, 2012, 05:25:43 pm »

Science has happened!

bay12 lower boards IRC:irc.darkmyst.org @ #bay12lb
"Oh, they never lie. They dissemble, evade, prevaricate, confoud, confuse, distract, obscure, subtly misrepresent and willfully misunderstand with what often appears to be a positively gleeful relish ... but they never lie" -- Look To Windward

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1841 on: September 20, 2012, 05:34:13 pm »

Fun stuff. My middle school science teacher had all sorts of horror stories about accidents with those things. One guy lost a couple fingers iirc.

Reminds me of the time some idiot quaffed a strong Phenolphthalein solution. I was never more glad we had a few gallons of bleach in the lab.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1842 on: September 20, 2012, 05:40:37 pm »

Reminds me of the time some idiot quaffed a strong Phenolphthalein solution.
-.-

The idiocy is overwhelming.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Wrex

• Bay Watcher
  • My vision is augmented
    • View Profile
« Reply #1843 on: September 20, 2012, 05:42:24 pm »

Reminds me of the time some idiot quaffed a strong Phenolphthalein solution.
-.-

The idiocy is overwhelming.

So was the stench of his voided bowels.

Mr Wrex, please do not eat my liver.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1844 on: September 20, 2012, 05:43:40 pm »

:o
Pages: 1 ... 121 122 [123] 124 125 ... 1420