Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1968856 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #1710 on: September 10, 2012, 05:54:33 pm »

I recently had a dream, and it involved a certain entity that hates us. Humans, aliens, life in general. HATES. Fricking scary.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1711 on: September 10, 2012, 05:55:39 pm »

If it is capable of hate, then it itself must also be alive.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1712 on: September 10, 2012, 05:56:16 pm »

And if it's alive, it can die.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1713 on: September 10, 2012, 06:28:34 pm »

And if it can die, you can follow it's soul to the afterlife and kill it again.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Shinotsa

• Bay Watcher
  • Content lion is content
    • View Profile
« Reply #1714 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:02 pm »

Is there a finite number of afterlives? Or do you just keep going until you feel satisfied and then navigate your way back home from afterlife number 5318008 or however far out you went?
Quote from: EvilTim
"You shouldn't anthropomorphize vehicles. They hate it"

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1715 on: September 10, 2012, 06:31:29 pm »

It's afterlives all the way down.
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1716 on: September 10, 2012, 06:33:00 pm »

I hope it rains in the afterlife.
My tumblr.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #1717 on: September 10, 2012, 06:33:27 pm »

I recently had a dream, and it involved a certain entity that hates us. Humans, aliens, life in general. HATES. Fricking scary.

Sounds like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pyramids_of_Mars which I just watched last night.

Kill you, possess your body, use you to kill your family, all life on earth, all life in the universe.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1718 on: September 10, 2012, 06:53:07 pm »

Is there a finite number of afterlives? Or do you just keep going until you feel satisfied and then navigate your way back home from afterlife number 5318008 or however far out you went?

It starts getting a little complicated after you kill the soul of the soul of the soul of the soul of the soul of the original creature.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1719 on: September 10, 2012, 07:05:46 pm »

Rain is awesome. I hope it rains in afterlife-land. What if our afterlives were custom-fitted to our desires? It'd always rainstorm with red clouds in mine, and the pine trees would be everywhere.
My tumblr.

Vorthon

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 50% more pointless rambling!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1720 on: September 10, 2012, 07:09:06 pm »

Mine would be filled with endless worlds, all easily reachable from one another. And I would have a jetpack. A jetpack that works in space and never needs fuel. And it would be glorious.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1721 on: September 10, 2012, 07:16:02 pm »

Rain is awesome. I hope it rains in afterlife-land. What if our afterlives were custom-fitted to our desires? It'd always rainstorm with red clouds in mine, and the pine trees would be everywhere.
As an atheist and a rationalist, science tells me that the molecules and atoms that make up my body will be returned to the earth. 70% of me will return to the water cycle.

In time, I will become the rain, and the soil, and the trees.

(Edit: I really hope I don't start a flame war over this. We've already had too many.)

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1722 on: September 10, 2012, 07:18:17 pm »

I'm cool with whatever, but my preferred afterlife would be reincarnation. Maybe with some downtime between lives to muse on my previous existences.

GoombaGeek

• Bay Watcher
  • Horrors! Crundles in the caverns!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1723 on: September 10, 2012, 07:20:12 pm »

So I was walking to the K&K German import store like a boss and acquire extra-strong mints and 300g of Goldbears. I don't get a bag because it's two items of candy. On the way back along the seedier side of the street (not like crossing the road, the dividing line is some perpendicular rail tracks), I pass a guy and his girlfriend. Suddenly the guy screams "GET A BAG YOU LITTLE FREAK!"

I keep walking.
My wooden badge was delicious.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1724 on: September 10, 2012, 07:20:48 pm »

wat
Pages: 1 ... 113 114 [115] 116 117 ... 1420