Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963074 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #1050 on: July 13, 2012, 03:26:47 pm »

I find moths utterly disgusting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Seriously?  I think that's a gorgeous creature.  Compared to most large-winged moths, I find butterflies highly overrated.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1051 on: July 13, 2012, 05:30:08 pm »

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1052 on: July 13, 2012, 06:37:46 pm »

not a gorgeous creature

Something flew away from the side of the road as I passed by one night on my way home that made me immediately think of mothman.  I only saw a silhouette.  It had the large wingspan and slow-flapping take-off of a crane, but legs and head would have been obvious if that's what it was and I saw none.  It did match the profile of a large owl, which is probably what it was.  It's just odd that it would be hanging out on the ground beside the road at least 20 miles from the preferred habitat for an owl of its size.  It was totally mothman.

The most interesting mothman sighting ever was in the aftermaths of the Chernobyl incident.  Dozens of clean-up workers saw an immense creature flying among the pillars of smoke above the wreckage.  It's been labeled "The Black Bird of Chernoybl", but it very closely matches the description of mothman.  What's interesting about it is mothman sightings are supposed to happen before something terrible happens, not afterwards.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

ggamer

• Bay Watcher
  • Reach Heaven through Violence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1053 on: July 13, 2012, 07:47:07 pm »

God dude, fuck tribe twelve. Because of the recent update (Mary Asher Phone Call) I'm afraid to walk around my house at night.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1054 on: July 13, 2012, 08:21:55 pm »

The most interesting mothman sighting ever was in the aftermaths of the Chernobyl incident.  Dozens of clean-up workers saw an immense creature flying among the pillars of smoke above the wreckage.  It's been labeled "The Black Bird of Chernoybl", but it very closely matches the description of mothman.  What's interesting about it is mothman sightings are supposed to happen before something terrible happens, not afterwards.
do... does it cause the accidents, or predict them?

who knooooOOOOoooooOOOOwwws?

I like to interpret it as:  The meltdown of the reactor was only the beginning of the nightmare for those effected by it.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1055 on: July 14, 2012, 12:37:40 am »

goddamn it sal, scary mothman things are not cool

this is probably my fault for clicking this thread at 1:30 AM

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1056 on: July 14, 2012, 12:46:10 am »

Actually, I did some digging around... and apparently most of what people believe about the Mothman is material that was completely made up for that Mothman Prophecies movie.  People took it for granted as truth because it sold itself on the reputation of the book by John Keel, and the mythos just kind of grew from there as every website on the subject across the entire internet started posting this stuff as fact.  The stuff about mothman sightings at Chernobyl?  Completely made up.  I have to admit.  The world feels a little more mundane.

Even the art inspired by Mothman has evolved over the years far away from the descriptions by witnesses as West Point, which is apparently the only place it's ever actually been encountered.  People continue to pile on sinister characterization and also to add limbs, when apparently it was never described as having limbs and was said to have more of an angelic quality.

You know what's creepier than Mothman anyway?  That Indrid Cold dude.

I've got a serious urge to track down and read John Keel's book now.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2012, 12:48:29 am by SalmonGod »
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #1057 on: July 14, 2012, 12:45:50 pm »

Nothing like ascending into a swarm of jellyfish to make you absolutely terrified.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1058 on: July 14, 2012, 11:38:17 pm »

Ah, a swarm of floating, living gelatin with no mind or control over themselves that happen to be covered in virulently deadly stinging cells with hair triggers. Oh wait, they're invisible too. :) Have a nice swim.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1059 on: July 14, 2012, 11:53:05 pm »

Ah, a swarm of floating, living gelatin with no mind or control over themselves that happen to be covered in virulently deadly stinging cells with hair triggers. Oh wait, they're invisible too. :) Have a nice swim.

*Slowly lifts feet out of the swimming pool*

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #1060 on: July 15, 2012, 12:00:07 am »

Eh, the swimming pool is safe from pretty much everything but overchlorination, and then your eyes get fried and your lungs are scorched.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1061 on: July 15, 2012, 12:14:13 am »

You talking about these?

Naaah... not intimidating in the slightest.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1062 on: July 15, 2012, 12:26:57 am »

You talking about these?

-hungry underwater alien-

Naaah... not intimidating in the slightest.
Oh god no.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1063 on: July 15, 2012, 12:30:53 am »

Wasn't it true that a Giant Jellyfish that live in the deepest and coldest waters are so large that you could place one ontop of the Empire State Building and it's tentacles would not only be touching the ground, but covering the street?

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1064 on: July 15, 2012, 03:10:05 am »

"OH GOD NO JELLYZILLA IS ATTACKING NEW YORK RUN FOR YOUR wait it's not moving? Oh uh don't touch it then and it'll dry out eventually  I guess. Those are what, 99% water? Yeah."
Pages: 1 ... 69 70 [71] 72 73 ... 1420