Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963048 times)

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #1036 on: July 10, 2012, 12:43:51 pm »

Thunderstorm.

Nonstop lightning, heavyrain, some of the thunder is exceptionally loud (one just now was like a cannon shot), and a freaking red sky AT NIGHT, 2 AM.
I would switch places with you in a heartbeat. I love storms.

Yeah, sitting inside while it storms outside is awesome.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: July 10, 2012, 02:29:51 pm »

I had a really odd nightmare just a bit ago.

It started out as a normal dream with no clear direction and just me wandering around my dreamscape home, then I found this very odd leather bound book with no spine but silver embossed letters. It was a book that looked ancient, but when I opened it up, it had a recent and complete transcript of all my favorite tv shows in it w/ illustrations. Closing it and putting it down, the silver lettering on the front changed and formed a new title for the book, and opening it up again revealed that it had changed completely into a new book! After playing around with it for awhile, I found that it was some magic book, you could straight up ask (or think really hard) for it to become a book about a certain topic or a certain thing, and the book would know and change itself to become about it, and no matter how obscure the topic it would be highly detailed and informative.

After showing it off my to friends, I got the smart idea to ask it the obvious question: To become a book explaining itself. And it did, and it become a very short book with just a few pages. Opening it up, I'm greeted by this abstract symbol that I could wrap my mind around, and just reading the few sentences my soul is gripped in fear. I concluded that the book has to be destroyed no matter what, but it would seem that the act of reading the book allowed the book to set up camp in my mind and whenever I'd think negative things about it, horrifying hallucinations would plague me. Like huge bats flying around the room tormenting me, or I'd find needles in my skin, or I'd feel that there was always some intruder in the room with me, just staring at me; and I couldn't destroy the book because of this.

Fortunately, my good friend that I haven't seen in forever took the book away from me and because he never read it before he could just throw it in a fire no problem. I was really happy about that, but the damage was done, and the last part of my dream just has me building myself a new home on a green field.

It sounds like something you'd read out of the SCP foundation, and it's weird since I haven't been to that website in forever.

Kaiserr

• Bay Watcher
  • Pro Lurker
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: July 10, 2012, 03:44:07 pm »

Alfred's Playhouse.
Wait, you type with your feet? That's badass.
DF: Beat people to death with their own appendages!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: July 10, 2012, 05:49:01 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You should just go ahead and write this into an SCP file!  I agree that it would fit right in.  Very cool.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Zaerosz

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼sperm whale leather thong☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: July 10, 2012, 05:55:15 pm »

I've been paranoid about breakins ever since my mother's care got broken into last week.

My dad decided to get up at 5am today and clunk about in the living room. Loudly.

I nearly had a fucking panic attack. AGAIN.
くコ:彡

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Prometheusmfd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: July 11, 2012, 06:23:22 am »

Add a single drop of Russell's Viper venom to a some blood and...

Why did I start the day with this thread? Now I'm going to be worried every bite will coagulate my blood!
I just googled that phrase and found nothing. Congratulations, those three words in that order have never been typed into the googleable internet before! Until now.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: July 11, 2012, 07:23:20 am »

Wouldn't that keep the venom localized? Sure your arm just went necrotic but that's the only part that did.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: July 11, 2012, 10:25:57 am »

Thunderstorm.

Nonstop lightning, heavyrain, some of the thunder is exceptionally loud (one just now was like a cannon shot), and a freaking red sky AT NIGHT, 2 AM.

This is terrifying. The red sky unnerves me the most. Especially since the sky has no reason to be that bright right now.
An explanation for that red sky.

I'm not really sure what's up with the weather here. We got almost zero snow all winter, then had an incredibly rainy spring that more than made up for the lack of snow, putting us slightly over our average precipitation for the year so far. June was dry until about the last week. For the last 2-3 weeks, we've been having thunderstorms every couple of days, sometimes back to back. Yesterday was the first time one actually woke me up. It was 104 degrees Fahrenheit the day before, and with nightfall it became quite cool. Cue the incredibly loud thunder of a temperature-inversion storm. I slept soundly until about 4:00 AM, at which point the thunder shook the house and I immediately leapt to my feet before really even waking up. I got my bearings, and then another flash illuminated the whole room in a brilliant blue. Perhaps a second or two later, another earth-shaking crack, and the town fire siren started going off. (Apparently it hit a tree on the other side of town, which obviously caught fire.) The weirdest part: It was raining when I first awoke, but after the second strike it wasn't. A minute later, perhaps, and hailstones the size of peas started smacking into the ground. (Fairly large for here.) That only lasted 30 seconds, and then it went back to rain and 'normal' thunder.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: July 13, 2012, 02:38:33 am »

Why the fuck are some cryptids so creepy and why do I look at them at 4 AM

AntiAntiMatter

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm back
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: July 13, 2012, 08:33:55 am »

Because people are scared of the unknown, so if all you have to go on is that you keep seeing glimpses of red eyes in the darkness and that your cattle keep getting their heads ripped off, you automatically fill in the blanks with other scary stuff, and because if one is still up at 4, one is probably sleep deprived and thus judgement-impaired.
[/post]

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: July 13, 2012, 12:54:42 pm »

Wouldn't that keep the venom localized? Sure your arm just went necrotic but that's the only part that did.
A tiny blood clot in your leg can stop your heart. Now imagine what that would do.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: July 13, 2012, 01:31:30 pm »

Because people are scared of the unknown, so if all you have to go on is that you keep seeing glimpses of red eyes in the darkness and that your cattle keep getting their heads ripped off, you automatically fill in the blanks with other scary stuff, and because if one is still up at 4, one is probably sleep deprived and thus judgement-impaired.

This was me last night. I kept glancing over my shoulder, afraid that there was going to be a mothman or something looking in my window.

The mothman creeps me the fuck out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: July 13, 2012, 02:04:15 pm »

I find moths utterly disgusting
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 1420