Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963823 times)

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #855 on: June 05, 2012, 05:40:09 pm »

Amnesia.

Oh my, Amnesia.

edit: I got up to go to the bathroom and nervously examined the room around me. This game is working exactly as intended. If I step in a puddle I'll probably freak out.
splish... splish... splish... splash.. splish.. splash splish SPLISH SPLASH SPLISH SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH

I managed to give my college age cousin nightmares with Amnesia by having him playing it late at night, in my uncle's basement with a single, small candle for light. Every time he tried to sleep that night, he thought he heard a far off splashing getting closer... :D

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #856 on: June 05, 2012, 10:46:20 pm »

-snip-

FEAR IS GOOD.

MAKE YOU STRONG.

MAKE YOU LIVE.

Myself, I am not a superstitious person, but I always take that one last glance before I turn the lights off just to make sure, hey, maybe this time there might be some scary unexplained ghost thing about to eat my face.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: June 05, 2012, 10:50:42 pm »

Amnesia.

Oh my, Amnesia.

edit: I got up to go to the bathroom and nervously examined the room around me. This game is working exactly as intended. If I step in a puddle I'll probably freak out.
splish... splish... splish... splash.. splish.. splash splish SPLISH SPLASH SPLISH SPLASH SPLASH SPLASH
CRUNCH
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: June 05, 2012, 10:59:19 pm »

-snip-

FEAR IS GOOD.

MAKE YOU STRONG.

MAKE YOU LIVE.

Myself, I am not a superstitious person, but I always take that one last glance before I turn the lights off just to make sure, hey, maybe this time there might be some scary unexplained ghost thing about to eat my face.

I've always wondered what exactly people are going to do about the ghost thing that is going to eat their face...

Is the one pants wetting moment of fear and realizing that the crazies were right worth it?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: June 08, 2012, 11:14:55 pm »

Dude I've only known for a week had a heart attack on my couch tonight.  He seems to have pulled through it.  His wife is a nurse, and is taking him to the hospital where she works right now.

Goddamn.  Life is crazy.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #860 on: June 08, 2012, 11:34:18 pm »

If he had died on your couch, would you have gotten rid of it?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: June 08, 2012, 11:40:02 pm »

If he had died on your couch, would you have gotten rid of it?

Doubt it.  We've only had that couch for about two weeks.  I'm fond of objects with history anyway, even if it's a dark one.  Every time a guest sat down in that spot, I could have fun telling them that someone died of a heart attack right where they're sitting.

BTW, I probably wouldn't be joking if I didn't think things were ok.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: June 10, 2012, 07:27:51 pm »

My mother may very well be having a heart attack. ohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshitohshit
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: June 10, 2012, 07:30:58 pm »

I presume you already called an ambulance and this isn't the first place you went when hearing the news.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Scelly9

• Bay Watcher
  • That crazy long-haired queer liberal communist
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: June 10, 2012, 07:33:16 pm »

Yeah.
You taste the jug! It is ceramic.
Quote from: Loud Whispers
SUPPORT THE COMMUNIST GAY MOVEMENT!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: June 11, 2012, 07:49:42 am »

Out of the blue, I clipped through the floor in Skyrim while performing a finisher on a Falmer. While I did land back near the entrance in a few seconds, empty voids totally creep me out, and the creepiness is only lessened a bit if I'm only doing it intentionally.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: June 11, 2012, 08:30:55 am »

Oh hell, I hate those empty voids. I can't stand Rainbow Ride in Mario 64, for example, and empty voids that you aren't supposed to know about in the first place are even worse.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #867 on: June 11, 2012, 10:47:54 am »

Why is he dressed like a kabuki stagehand (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kuroko)?
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: June 11, 2012, 10:53:37 am »

Doing laundry.

Start hearing clacking, snapping, chittering sound.

It gets louder and it's coming from nearby.

Start getting freaked out, looking around wildly wondering what the hell it could be from.

Finally realized it was just henry, the hand-sized spider that lives in the sink. Phew. Still freaked myself out good first though.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 01:37:53 pm by GlyphGryph »

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: June 11, 2012, 10:56:07 am »

Doing laundry.

Start hearing clacking, snapping, chittering sound.

It gets loader and it's coming from nearby.

Start getting freaked out, looking around wildly wondering what the hell it could be from.

Finally realized it was just henry, the hand-sized spider that lives in the sink. Phew. Still freaked myself out good first though.

OH MY GAWD what could that noise be? Oh wait it's just Henry the crime against nature! Henry, you so silly!
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58] 59 60 ... 1420