Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965364 times)

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
  • Allignment: Neutral Predatory
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #360 on: March 09, 2011, 07:25:23 am »

In theory, yes. Clicking on account names can reveal interesting things.

over the internet
Much like 4chan's creator, your point is moot.

Furthermore, things have been (relatively) settled so lingering on this topic is fairly pointless.
Quote from: Vector
In a world with so many hydras, who am I to throw away my extra swords?
Quote from: Encased in burning magma
THIS UNDEAD THREAD SHALL BE WOVEN INTO UNDEAD SOCKS
Quote from: ragnarok97071
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Quote from: Burnt Pies
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Urist is dead tome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: March 09, 2011, 08:57:42 am »

Now what I don't get is why she got mad 'cause Iceball was talking about here. He posted a quote from her talking about him, so logically he's the one that's wrong. Am I right?

But seriously people, I think Janet was wrong here. It was just an unreasonable thing to do.

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: March 09, 2011, 09:05:30 am »

Janet just got ticked off by things in Iceball's behavior, and when Ice PM'd her asking why, she raged at him.
It's just a general "I hate your guts" dislike, it seems.

Anyway, it's been (mostly) resolved. Why is this still an issue?
Hot Chocolate is like Dakka. You can never have enuff of it, and you should try not to drop it on your pants.
Soon I shall be fluent in Box, including obscure dialects such as Pyramid, Sphere and Japanese.

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: March 09, 2011, 09:33:56 am »

Janet just got ticked off by things in Iceball's behavior, and when Ice PM'd her asking why, she raged at him.
It's just a general "I hate your guts" dislike, it seems.

Anyway, it's been (mostly) resolved. Why is this still an issue?

I suspect because if somebody did this to you in real life, you'd put out a restraining order on them. This type of behaviour is totally unacceptable, and I'm not sure why you're being her apologist.

So basically... 'Thanks for hating me'? 0.o
Nah, it's more along the lines of "thanks for letting me know I didn't do anything wrong, it's just who I am is the problem."
Since I can't change who I am, then at least I can bask in the general apathy of what I cannot change.
I think it's more "Thanks for explaining why you hate me"
Or the shorter version.

Iceball, you really shouldn't be so accepting of, if I've got this straight, somebody printing out your profile, stabbing it to a wall, taking a photo, and showing it to you. That is extremely threatening behaviour. Even if you were talking shit about her behind her back, this type of response goes well beyond reasonable.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Keita

• Bay Watcher
  • Easily Confused
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: March 09, 2011, 09:36:19 am »

Damn this issue still being discussed?

I think both parties (Iceball3 and Janet) would appreciate it if this was dropped so they didn't have to keep reading it.
Gravity is a government conspiracy to keep us down

Something Evil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: March 09, 2011, 09:39:24 am »

I suspect because if somebody did this to you in real life, you'd put out a restraining order on them. This type of behaviour is totally unacceptable, and I'm not sure why you're being her apologist.
Mainly because they've pretty much resolved the issue between themselves, and...
I think both parties (Iceball3 and Janet) would appreciate it if this was dropped so they didn't have to keep reading it.
... so again, this discussion is pointless.

somebody printing out your profile, stabbing it to a wall, taking a photo, and showing it to you.

*faceclaw*
The fact that I was the one who wrote that bit didn't set off any alarms?

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: March 09, 2011, 09:41:32 am »

Mainly because they've pretty much resolved the issue between themselves, and...
... so again, this discussion is pointless.

somebody printing out your profile, stabbing it to a wall, taking a photo, and showing it to you.

*faceclaw*
The fact that I was the one who wrote that bit didn't set off any alarms?

Sadly I have no way to tell when you're simply making shit up. All I can do is base my responses on iceball's reaction and your explanation of matters.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #367 on: March 09, 2011, 09:47:49 am »

Sadly I have no way to tell when you're simply making shit up. All I can do is base my responses on iceball's reaction and your explanation of matters.
*Facepalm*
Which is why I said ASSUME.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 09:53:07 am by iceball3 »

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: March 09, 2011, 05:53:12 pm »

This is from Monday, but I forgot about it and remembered just now.

When listening to Grand Theft Auto: Vice City's radio, Vice City Public Radio in particular, it portrayed them as money-grubbing bastards. Well on Monday, the radio at work had a local PR station on, and I had the realization that Rockstar wasn't making a parody in GTA:VC.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: March 09, 2011, 07:47:08 pm »

Reading about the effects of long-term isolation and sensory deprivation, after an argument with an acquiantance (who I'm now close to regarding as a complete monster) over my reference to long-term solitary confinement as a method of torture.

This whole thing has got me feeling ill, and I've completely lost my capacity to keep up with work today.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2011, 07:51:52 pm by SalmonGod »
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: March 09, 2011, 10:02:13 pm »

So you were right?
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: March 09, 2011, 10:18:48 pm »

Me?

As far as it being torture, absolutely, but after re-reading his last response I found his argument ran deeper than that.  It was a line neatly tucked away in a paragraph that I somehow missed the first time I read it.  Perhaps it was the lack of punctuation framing it as a sentence.  He explicitly stated that he found the ban on cruel and unusual punishment to be "BS" and that considering long-term solitary confinement as torture is a sign of weakness in our culture.  The latter is an opinion I find offensive, but not to the point that I couldn't debate it.  The former simply shows that he has no issue with cruelty.  After that, there's no point in further discussion.

He's the first person I've ever removed from a friends list on any form of social media in all the 15 years I've been on the internet.  I've only seen him in real life 3 times, but never will again if I can help it.  I can only see him now as a well-restrained psychopath and will never be comfortable around him again.

Meanwhile, I'm at work. When at work, I read very impulsively on whatever subjects pass through my head.  I already knew it was a very very dark issue, but I couldn't help myself.  The argument plus the reading has amounted to me being very very disturbed for the day.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: March 10, 2011, 09:56:14 pm »

Of course now people think I'm being over-emotional and de-friending somebody over a petty difference in opinion.  They keep referring to it as a disagreement over Manning's treatment in prison, when that's not what got to me at all.  It was the exact words "I already believed that the ban against "cruel and unusual punishment" was BS" which is about as close as a person can come to saying 'I don't give a shit about human rights' without actually saying it.  Nobody seems to understand what he actually said here, and I'm apparently looking childish.  I just have no interest in associating with a sociopath... to consider someone a friend and desire regular contact and sharing of my personal life and thoughts with them, I need some basic compatibility with the person as a human being... and that just isn't there anymore.  Frustrating.
We dance for the idiots
In the land of twilight

Euld

• Bay Watcher
  • There's coffee in that nebula ಠ_ರೃ
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: March 11, 2011, 10:26:12 am »

Mining deep underground in Minecraft is creepy.  The other day,
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: March 18, 2011, 05:27:16 pm »

Waiting for the bus home today.

First, I'm accosted by a guy who supposedly knows my family. Imagine someone you don't recognize riding up on a bike to the bus stop, and asks you "What the hell are you doing here?" Apparently, he does know my family, but I sure as shit don't know him.
Then we have an akward conversation, which includes him going on a rant about how Japan's nuclear reactors will kill us all with a giant cloud of radiation that nobody will escape, and how the meltdown will literally cause all the land on Earth to melt down and everything(that isn't wiped out by the radiation) will be destroyed by subsequent flooding. Then an insanse, high, one-legged black guy comes up and he starts a conversation with him.

The bus is fifteen minutes late, and long before that I'm checking the time almost constantly hoping to get out of there soon. Unfortunately, the one-legged high nutjob gets on with me(the guy who knew me couldn't because there was no room for his bike), and he nearly starts a fight with several people because he was using bad language in front of children and a lot of people didn't like that. Thankfully, he gets off a few stops down the line.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 1420