Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967174 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #150 on: January 25, 2011, 03:02:21 am »

Gamzee. That is all.

From your veins will drip my miracles... love it :D
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 25, 2011, 12:41:28 pm »

I say we begin talking about cannibalism!

If you're trapped on an island how long before you go crazy and eat people?

Seventy three minutes for me.

Personally I'm too lazy for all that. What I woould do is wait for somebody to starve to death, than eat them.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 25, 2011, 12:45:18 pm »

But in terms of things that actually terrified me today, I would have to say it was this one news article that I read about fatal medical conditions related to tearing of the aorta, and how they usually aren't noticed until its effectively too late and even when they are noticed they are generally misdiagnosed as failure of the heart or lungs.
NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 30, 2011, 12:26:56 am »

Shigesato Itoi is a master of all that is art. Nonetheless, I am never, ever going to sleep again.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Akura

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 01, 2011, 10:38:58 am »

I was laying in bed this morning, not wanting to get up, and trying to fight off falling back asleep. Only, this is what causes me sleep paralysis. Just, this time, in addition to being unable to move, my head was shaking involuntarily, and I heard some kind noise in my ears.

I'm not sure if the shaking was shivering from cold(though it wasn't really cold in my room), but it scared the shit out of me.
They asked me how well I understood theoretical physics. I told them I had a theoretical degree in physics. They said welcome aboard.
... Yes, the hugs are for everyone.  No stabbing, though.  Just hugs.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 01, 2011, 08:17:33 pm »

So recently I was gangpressed into going and seeing a docter by some freinds of mine. Turns out Having trouble sleeping + slightly periodly stressful conditions = instant depression. Wow, I never knew being a docter was so easy! The good doc said that it would 'be in my best intrest' to take this medication, because it's quicker and easyer then taking a day off to go to a spa or something.

So today I am meant to start taking these pills, and it is scaring the hell out of me.

Shade-o

• Bay Watcher
  • It's my greatest creation yet!
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 01, 2011, 08:21:09 pm »

Read every article on Exit Mundi, then you can tell them that you're still having trouble sleeping.
Apparently having a redundant creature entry causes the game to say, "Oh, look, it's crazy world now. Nothing makes sense! Alligators live in houses!"

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 01, 2011, 08:21:50 pm »

You could also take the day off and go spa, I guess? Just remember that your doctor is a trained professional, and he knows the ins and outs of the medication he's prescribed. It won't have any adverse effects, I'm sure.

Actually, you know what's been proven to help depression? Bananas. Eat some as well. Plus they're delicious!

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 01, 2011, 08:24:38 pm »

Well I do like bananas...
Although I would describe any drugs that affect ones personality as being adverse.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 01, 2011, 08:27:33 pm »

Well, I'm no doctor. I can't really help.

But yeah, eat bananas. So many bananas. They are doubleplusgood fruit.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: February 01, 2011, 08:27:52 pm »

Well I do like bananas...
Although I would describe any drugs that affect ones personality as being adverse.

Yeah so much better to leave depressed people to their misery  ::)

I'm curious, do you hold the same views for other psychiatric drugs, such as antipsychotics? Do you think that delirious schizophreny should go untreated?
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: February 01, 2011, 08:29:03 pm »

Hey man, if he's got a fear of drugs, is it really a good thing to start interrogating him? It's a legitament problem, and it's not like he can stop other people taking drugs.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: February 01, 2011, 08:29:29 pm »

Yeah so much better to leave depressed people to their misery  ::)

I'm curious, do you hold the same views for other psychiatric drugs, such as antipsychotics? Do you think that delirious schizophreny should go untreated?

Can I not get into a debate over the ethics of drug treatment today? If a patent is unable to make an informed decision for themselves, and the docter knows best, and the family agrees, then what ever...

The Merchant Of Menace

• Bay Watcher
  • Work work.
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: February 01, 2011, 08:36:38 pm »

Heh, antidepressants, fun times, I wasn't even at the house before they had to bring me back.
*Hugs*

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: February 01, 2011, 08:38:51 pm »

Well after just having taken said pills, but before they have 'kicked in' I have to change my answer. The Merchant Of Menace scared the crap out of me today.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 1420