Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964012 times)

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #930 on: June 18, 2012, 07:13:04 pm »

Definitely. I wish to accompany her to a psychiatrist or a psychologist, but she does not wish to go to one.
I believe she contacts me out of her friendcircle because:

1. I have suffered from depression in the past, and have attempted suicide twice, failed both times (that is, I didn't injure myself) and so I can empathise.
2. A good friend of mine had suffered from an eating disorder several years previously, so I can talk about that with her and how it affected him (he went from 110kg - 50kg in a matter of months and very nearly died.)
3. I'm well known in my community as a kind person who isn't judgmental.

Hence why i think she elected to send me that picture, because that's a definite "PLEASE HELP ME."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #932 on: June 20, 2012, 03:09:35 pm »

It has been pointed out to me that I give the impression of being a gay stoner. The parallels to Gamzee are uncomfortable present.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #933 on: June 20, 2012, 03:13:39 pm »

People have accused me of being both gay and a stoner before. Some also have accused me of being a homicidal psychopath, appropriately enough. I'm none of those, and am not really sure where they were getting their ideas.

The only thing I've ever accurately been accused of being is a liberal.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #934 on: June 20, 2012, 03:15:06 pm »

Funnily enough I've never been accused of being a homicidal psychopath, but I'm always this close to being one. People just keep going out of their way to ensure that.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #935 on: June 21, 2012, 03:44:24 am »

So I'm trying to get to sleep at 4 in the morning without much luck when I hear what sounds to my mind a hell of a lot like a cat getting into a fight with something. I just realized I let Olive (one of our cats) out, now I'm very scared that something has happened to her.

EDIT: Cat turned up, all is well.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2012, 12:25:08 pm by Pnx »

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #936 on: June 21, 2012, 04:39:47 am »

It has been pointed out to me that I give the impression of being a gay stoner. The parallels to Gamzee are uncomfortable present.

My nickname was Stoner in highschool, because I had long hair, my eyes were never open widely (small eyes, depression) and I was often lost in my own though.

As for the friend, she's going on a swift self-destructive cycle. I'm going to call an intervention with her family and friends, because we simply must avoid a tragedy. :(

mcclay

• Bay Watcher
  • Gay, Tired and Just here to Vibe
    • View Profile
« Reply #937 on: June 21, 2012, 02:39:15 pm »

Marble Hornets.

FUCK YOU MASKY!

(this feels very shallow and superfilous compared to friend-almost-sicudiding, I hope you that are able to help her out.)
Am I back? Its a mystery to everyone

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #938 on: June 21, 2012, 02:53:21 pm »

My nickname was Stoner in highschool, because I had long hair, my eyes were never open widely (small eyes, depression) and I was often lost in my own though.
This, this is me. Minus the depression.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #939 on: June 21, 2012, 10:59:56 pm »

This, this is me. Minus the depression.

I was the exact opposite. I was/am a hardcore drug addict, and no one ever knew, at least while I was in school. Everyone always told me what a good kid I was, and I chuckled to myself about it later that night when I was coked out of my mind. It wasn't until Senior year that people started noticing. Or rather, that I started just blatantly telling them/coming to school smelling of weed/alcohol.
Of course, I actually am clinically depressed, but at this point in my life, Hanslanda 'really doesn't care about anything anymore.' Yay justice system, you crushed my soul and made me a sociopath. :) Thanks a million for 'curing' me of my addiction, that oddly was the only thing making my life tolerable.
On topic: What scared me today, my broken hand hurts like a mofo cuz of the weather. Gotta love the built in barometer of poorly set bones.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #940 on: June 22, 2012, 02:30:00 am »

Ha, I HATED the idea of anything besides caffeine. I had a friend who was a proper stoner, to the point of getting kicked out of home for being high too much, and I saw the damage it did to his family.

One of my uni friends partakes of psilocybin and MDMA, and has multiple times requested me to join him, but I must refuse, as is my standing.

Other occasions I have been passed bongs or joints and simply passed them on; in those groups, it did not make me a 'square' or what have you, but merely subject to mild peer pressure "Come on! Try it! Oh, well, if you don't want it, all the more for us."

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #941 on: June 22, 2012, 02:36:11 am »

Being a stoner who does nothing but sit around and be high is too easy, way more than anyone who's pro-marijuana is likely to admit. Luckily the fact that it's more a psychological addiction than a physical one makes it easier to snap out of, but you've got to have the willpower to do that much and I'm not optimistic about the amount of people who do.

If someone turns down a drug I'm offering them, I'm probably going to feel a little let down because I only do anything with people I really trust. And because I've been around friends who talk crap about people for doing drugs behind their backs and I'm afraid they'll just go do that about me now. Mostly the latter.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #942 on: June 22, 2012, 02:43:31 am »

I'm not the type to judge; there's the old saying "What's your poison?". In my case it's coffee/caffeine, in theirs it's alcohol or tobacco or etc.

If, penguin, you offered me a joint, I'd turn it down purely because I tend to easily addict to things.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #943 on: June 22, 2012, 10:50:56 am »

Hmm, I'm not easily addicted. I actually quit doing cocaine on my own without any input or help from others. I just decided enough was enough one night and the next day I turned it down. But when I do get addicted, as I did with marijuana (so very possible, don't try and deny it. I've been there and done it. Just because you don't go into withdrawal doesn't mean you aren't addicted.) and alcohol, its not something I can shake off easily.
Being a stoner who does nothing but sit around and be high is too easy, way more than anyone who's pro-marijuana is likely to admit. Luckily the fact that it's more a psychological addiction than a physical one makes it easier to snap out of, but you've got to have the willpower to do that much and I'm not optimistic about the amount of people who do.

If someone turns down a drug I'm offering them, I'm probably going to feel a little let down because I only do anything with people I really trust. And because I've been around friends who talk crap about people for doing drugs behind their backs and I'm afraid they'll just go do that about me now. Mostly the latter.
Yes, I find it distressing how many people won't admit that being a stoner is lazy and pathetic. I admitted it to myself a long time ago, but you know what? I went to work and did my job better than others did theirs, every day. I paid my bills and fulfilled my obligations. I didn't isolate from my family or friends who didn't use. I don't mind being lazy and pathetic when I've done everything I needed to do already. :P
And usually when someone turned down drugs I've offered them, I was a bit suspicious, because of laws and such, but I never made it a big deal. I don't care what they're going to say about me. Yes, I do drugs and users are losers. At least I'm happy with my life.

Side note: LSD and psilocybin are the most amazing substances known to man. Just my opinion. :)
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #944 on: June 22, 2012, 06:20:45 pm »

I'm very liberal about what drugs should be legal, but personally abstinent and try to keep away from people who use currently illegal substances for my own safety.

Let me tell you, it is not easy to find people to hang out with like that.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 61 62 [63] 64 65 ... 1420