Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1960756 times)

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #9000 on: August 19, 2014, 11:40:06 am »

Social justice...what?
Details, tuypo?

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9001 on: August 19, 2014, 11:41:18 am »

social justice warrior is a derogative term for overly policially correct people, most known for being on tumblr.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #9002 on: August 19, 2014, 11:44:01 am »

I don't think it's derogative. They seem to use it themselves as well, although I stopped following their drama a while ago so this might have changed.

Graknorke

• Bay Watcher
  • A bomb's a bad choice for close-range combat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9003 on: August 19, 2014, 12:19:45 pm »

social justice warrior is a derogative term for overly policially correct people, most known for being on tumblr.
Oh no they're not overly politically correct. If anything they're often at least as insulting as what they claim to be fighting against.

They're basically a group who view a person's worth as being inversely proportional to how "privileged" (and yes that word is in quotation marks because some of the stuff they say is a privilege is in fact not at all) they are. And that privilege can be reduced by such things as: self-diagnosed fake medical disorders, a non-typical (but isn't really) sexuality, a non-typical (but isn't really) gender identification, or occasionally the rare person with a real actual issue that puts them at a disadvantage to others.
Cultural status:
Depleted          ☐
Enriched          ☑

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9004 on: August 19, 2014, 04:13:16 pm »

Nope.

Not going there.
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9005 on: August 19, 2014, 04:20:00 pm »

BACK DEATH WITH NUCLEAR WEAPONS (one of which conveniently finishing its countdown just now)

GO INTO SOUL MODE AND POSSESS THE SUN

I think I found his first inane post...

It is terrifying.

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9006 on: August 19, 2014, 04:48:38 pm »

Some start going apeshit if you call a person black, because describing their skin colour is RACIST!
Frankly, I question the accuracy of describing any person as black unless  they're a chimneysweeper or Nyarlathotep. (Note that those two aren't mutually exclusive.)

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9007 on: August 19, 2014, 04:53:55 pm »

Last week of work. Then it's back to my mom's for school.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9008 on: August 19, 2014, 05:10:43 pm »

"And though I walk into the valley of the shadow of death, I will something something, for something something, something something."

Never mind. I always forget how that one goes.

Some start going apeshit if you call a person black, because describing their skin colour is RACIST!
Frankly, I question the accuracy of describing any person as black unless  they're a chimneysweeper or Nyarlathotep. (Note that those two aren't mutually exclusive.)
Dark brown would be more accurate, but it sounds weird to say that.
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #9009 on: August 19, 2014, 05:16:01 pm »

Yea, though I may walk into the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house sized mass of 'FUCK YOU!'
That's the one :P

Worldmaster27

• Bay Watcher
  • Doop
    • View Profile
« Reply #9010 on: August 19, 2014, 06:16:04 pm »

Last week of work. Then it's back to my mom's for school.
I hope you won't get as much crap from her... but it is likely inevitable... Best of luck :-X

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9011 on: August 19, 2014, 07:00:19 pm »

Just watched Requiem For A Dream. o_o
It's a great film, but gawd.

It's about the most appropriate place for the word 'intense' I've come across.
Funnily enough, 'intense' is pretty much the one word I'd had it described to me as. My brother was certainly right there, heh.
I guess I'd heard it referenced somewhere that gave me some idea of the themes involved, but I really had no idea what to expect.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #9012 on: August 19, 2014, 07:07:44 pm »

Have you seen Ugandans and such? Black people in the Americas have been so mixed that they're fairly light-skinned compared to people who only have black African ancestors. Europe might be different, I think you guys probably have more recent African immigrants, who might not have as many white ancestors as the America's black people.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Bauglir

• Bay Watcher
  • Let us make Good
    • View Profile
« Reply #9013 on: August 19, 2014, 07:44:13 pm »

Yea, though I may walk into the valley of the shadow of death, I shall fear no evil, for I am driving a house sized mass of 'FUCK YOU!'
That's the one :P
I always thought it was "Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for I am the meanest fucker in the valley."
In the days when Sussman was a novice, Minsky once came to him as he sat hacking at the PDP-6.
“What are you doing?”, asked Minsky. “I am training a randomly wired neural net to play Tic-Tac-Toe” Sussman replied. “Why is the net wired randomly?”, asked Minsky. “I do not want it to have any preconceptions of how to play”, Sussman said.
Minsky then shut his eyes. “Why do you close your eyes?”, Sussman asked his teacher.
“So that the room will be empty.”
At that moment, Sussman was enlightened.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9014 on: August 20, 2014, 02:34:32 am »

Have you seen Ugandans and such? Black people in the Americas have been so mixed that they're fairly light-skinned compared to people who only have black African ancestors. Europe might be different, I think you guys probably have more recent African immigrants, who might not have as many white ancestors as the America's black people.
There's huge differences within Africa as well, because humans have been around there for so long. I read once that if you randomly take two Africans and two non-Africans, the two non-Africans are probably more closely related than the two Africans.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.
Pages: 1 ... 599 600 [601] 602 603 ... 1420