Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1961028 times)

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #8880 on: August 14, 2014, 09:03:20 pm »

Holy shit, man. Glad to hear you're (mostly) okay. Hopefully insurance covers everything, including your hospital visit. Make sure you take it easy for a while, man.

I appreciate it. The car's a total write-off, but because I was not at fault it looks like it'll be okay on that end. There's a criminal investigation into it going on, because there were two kids in her car and one was seriously hurt. They say she may have been texting, I don't know, all I know is that she ran through a stop sign. It was a two way stop, so there's no way I could be at fault, because there was no sign on my side. But that means that I can't go anywhere near the car for a while, so we'll have to wait and see about claims. As for the hospital visit, I live in Canada, so it's completely covered by public health care.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8881 on: August 14, 2014, 10:19:23 pm »

im pretty sure my friend had read my message but he made no indication of having read it i think that he thinks im a creep now fuck
If he's not responding, he's probably confused as to what to say about it. If he thought you were a creep, he'd be actively ignoring you and/or trying to keep away.
Well, there's no indication that he *isn't* avoiding me.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Draxis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8882 on: August 14, 2014, 10:41:35 pm »

Have you sent any message after that?  I find that, at least in face-to-face conversation, something like "Wow, I just realised how much of a [creep/asshole/whatever else] that makes me sound like" is good to judge the other's reaction and to make it clear you aren't actually trying to be like that.  Wouldn't be quite the same by text, but really saying about anything would make it less awkward, and see if you are actually being ignored (probably not.) 

In the unlikely event it does turn out to be a real problem, just explain why you said it, no matter how tenuous the reasoning.  Worst case, looking stupid or somewhat insensitive is still better than looking like a [creep/asshole/whatever else].

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #8883 on: August 14, 2014, 10:44:23 pm »

Holy hell, Glloyd, I'm glad you're okay. Or, will be in the long run at least.

You were very lucky.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8884 on: August 14, 2014, 10:47:16 pm »

I almost died today, that was terrifying. I was in a serious car accident today, and luckily walked out of it with comparatively minor injuries. A woman ran through a stop sign and hit me in my passenger's side. We were both going about 80km/h, and both our cars were totaled. I spent most of the day in a hospital, it was quite possibly the scariest moment of my life. I'm still in a very large amount of pain, but nothing's broken and nothing's permanent, although I may walk with a limp for a few weeks.

It's good to hear that you're all right. It could have been a lot worse than it was.
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

KingofstarrySkies

• Bay Watcher
  • It's been a long time...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8885 on: August 14, 2014, 11:02:38 pm »

Holy shit, man. Glad to hear you're (mostly) okay. Hopefully insurance covers everything, including your hospital visit. Make sure you take it easy for a while, man.

I appreciate it. The car's a total write-off, but because I was not at fault it looks like it'll be okay on that end. There's a criminal investigation into it going on, because there were two kids in her car and one was seriously hurt. They say she may have been texting, I don't know, all I know is that she ran through a stop sign. It was a two way stop, so there's no way I could be at fault, because there was no sign on my side. But that means that I can't go anywhere near the car for a while, so we'll have to wait and see about claims. As for the hospital visit, I live in Canada, so it's completely covered by public health care.
D:
*Koss hugs Glloyd.
pwease don't die
Sigtextastic
Vereor Nox.
There'll be another King, another sky, and a billion more stars...

Aedel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8886 on: August 14, 2014, 11:04:20 pm »

D:
*Koss hugs Glloyd.
pwease don't die

Glad to hear you're okayish Glloyd.
GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Blucifer: Whenever I talk to you it's like talking to flufflepuff and a temmie mixed together with cuddles.

IronTomato

• Bay Watcher
  • VENGEANCE
    • View Profile
« Reply #8887 on: August 14, 2014, 11:26:03 pm »

Sorry to hear that, Glloyd.

Just remember that you're invincible.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile
« Reply #8888 on: August 14, 2014, 11:47:42 pm »

Sorry to hear that, Glloyd.

Just remember that you're invincible.
Read invincible as "inevitable."
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

Orange Wizard

• Bay Watcher
  • mou ii yo
    • View Profile
    • S M U G
« Reply #8889 on: August 14, 2014, 11:52:57 pm »

So did I...
IT'S INFECTING OUR HEADS
Please don't shitpost, it lowers the quality of discourse
Hard science is like a sword, and soft science is like fear. You can use both to equally powerful results, but even if your opponent disbelieve your stabs, they will still die.

BadLemonsXI

• Bay Watcher
  • Lemons'o Doom.
    • View Profile
    • My DeviantArt page.
« Reply #8890 on: August 15, 2014, 12:03:01 am »

To further school starting again fears:
This year, my mom actually has a really high chance of becoming my teacher.
Funny had a class mate in school who's mum was our teacher.
I make comic things with my avatar for some reason.
No avatar is safe from my editing
\/\/It might be alive? Its been a year >_> 02-Nov-2017\/\/
¤Co-Gm'ing The Fear Master B-Movie ISG¤

Check out my Pixel art!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8891 on: August 15, 2014, 12:35:47 am »

Just watched a TV program about some giant shark off the South African coast.
Highlights include said shark pushing a stranded boater away from rescue crews in order to more easily eat the dude.

Fake or not, I'm not sure I'll get much sleep tonight :/
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8892 on: August 15, 2014, 12:37:35 am »

Situation: As a matter of fact, my friend is not bi.

Also I really hope the implication went over his head. I am going to assume the implication went over his head.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #8893 on: August 15, 2014, 12:41:43 am »

Highlights include said shark pushing a stranded boater away from rescue crews in order to more easily eat the dude.

I think that's the same program that there is a kerfuffle over, about the producers lying to the scientists involved and manipulating it so that it seems, through editing and vague questions/answers, the scientists actually endorse what the show was trying to peddle. :v
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8894 on: August 15, 2014, 12:50:23 am »

I think that's the same program that there is a kerfuffle over, about the producers lying to the scientists involved and manipulating it so that it seems, through editing and vague questions/answers, the scientists actually endorse what the show was trying to peddle. :v
* Sirus shrugs
It's a Shark Week special on the Discovery Channel, so I expect some sensationalism. Like I sorta-implied, I'm not taking the show as gospel or automatically accepting that there's a super-smart giant shark that prefers to eat people out there.

Actually, doing a bit of research implies that the whole thing was faked. Sooooo never mind. Terror probably over.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread
Pages: 1 ... 591 592 [593] 594 595 ... 1420