Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964339 times)

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #7800 on: June 24, 2014, 03:47:51 pm »

I actually had a dream about Toady posting and locking this.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

smjjames

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7801 on: June 24, 2014, 03:49:14 pm »

To clear things up, I saw someone had posted apologizing for accidentially setting off the snowball, but I couldn't quite remember the name, just that it started with a T and I didn't file what the avatar was exactly. Sorry for implicating you tiruin, it was actually tawarochir I think, so, just a mixup on my part.

Basically he(she?) was apologizing for saying something which sort of innocently snowballed from that comment.

~Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Now back to our regularly scheduled bark.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7802 on: June 24, 2014, 04:28:56 pm »

I actually had a dream about Toady posting and locking this.
... Objective has precognition!

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7803 on: June 24, 2014, 04:39:00 pm »

You didn't need precognition to work out that the shit being posted wasn't acceptable.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

10ebbor10

• Bay Watcher
  • DON'T PANIC
    • View Profile
« Reply #7804 on: June 24, 2014, 04:39:33 pm »

Or he subconsciously browses DF in his dreams. Like a variant on sleepwalking.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #7805 on: June 24, 2014, 05:01:09 pm »

He has now been emotionally cleansed.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7806 on: June 24, 2014, 05:19:52 pm »

Out of curiosity, what type of centipede. It seems there are a few. We have House Centipedes here, which are too big. Ran in to one sitting on the wall, staring at me, I turned away to get something to catch it, and it had vanished. No idea how it got out of sight so quickly.
For future reference, probably because they're absurdly fast. Wikipedia says they can cover 1.3 feet per second, which is too speedy for something an inch or two long. Especially for something that looks like 3 spiders fused together in a teleporter accident.

My first encounter/learning of their existance took place under unusual circumstances which involved being stuck in a dark confined space with it lurking somewhere out of sight for nearly an hour. I do not like them.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7807 on: June 24, 2014, 06:05:08 pm »

They often hung out in my bathroom in one house I lived in in Iowa. Terrifying little bastards, all right.
Still more afraid of spiders.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #7808 on: June 24, 2014, 06:15:02 pm »

They often hung out in my bathroom in one house I lived in in Iowa. Terrifying little bastards, all right.
You mean aggressive biting spiders ._.
The spiders I showed you in the WTF thread before are totally friendly. They're like those big giants in the ocean [whales come to mind] who survive only on tiny stuff, like insects. They aren't aggressive towards people unless really, seriously, provoked.
And even then!

To clear things up, I saw someone had posted apologizing for accidentially setting off the snowball, but I couldn't quite remember the name, just that it started with a T and I didn't file what the avatar was exactly. Sorry for implicating you tiruin, it was actually tawarochir I think, so, just a mixup on my part.

Basically he(she?) was apologizing for saying something which sort of innocently snowballed from that comment.
My words could be abrasive under stress. Sorry for that.
But the feeling was justified. It was rather more of that second statement on 'You know how derails go.'
"You know..." >.>

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7809 on: June 24, 2014, 06:34:45 pm »

It was a House Centipede, and no, I was actually cleaning the shoe at the time. I've been wearing some dress shoes ever since I graduated, but needed to get some dirt and stuff off of them.
The only way to stop a centipede infestation before its too late is to clutter your house with ants

That brings a new problem entirely though

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #7810 on: June 24, 2014, 06:36:40 pm »

It was a House Centipede, and no, I was actually cleaning the shoe at the time. I've been wearing some dress shoes ever since I graduated, but needed to get some dirt and stuff off of them.
The only way to stop a centipede infestation before its too late is to clutter your house with ants

That brings a new problem entirely though

A new problem easily solved by nuclear cleansing agents. But then you get the mutant spiders and you have to put in the House Centipedes to kill THOSE off and the cycle starts all over again. Really, just move to somewhere frigid where insects die off for most of the year. That works best.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7811 on: June 24, 2014, 06:49:58 pm »

You mean aggressive biting spiders ._.
The spiders I showed you in the WTF thread before are totally friendly. They're like those big giants in the ocean [whales come to mind] who survive only on tiny stuff, like insects. They aren't aggressive towards people unless really, seriously, provoked.
And even then!

No, I mean any species of spider, if they manage to surprise me. And they always fucking do. Or if they touch me. I hate that feeling.

I only occasionally smash them if they're a non-threatening species. We have a lot of brown recluse and black widows though, and even if they're not technically lethally dangerous they still hurt like fuck. And hobo spiders are extremely aggressive for an animal their size. If ones under your couch and you walk by it'll run out and chase your feet around.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7812 on: June 24, 2014, 07:49:17 pm »

Somewhat on topic, I was cleaning out an unused stairwell at work, and found that it is home to tons of spiders.

I don't even think that they are all the same species. They all look very different from one another. Plus webs and dead insects everywhere.

The entire upstairs is creepy too. Empty, completely made of concrete, and only one light per room. Plus the disturbing lack of noise.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #7813 on: June 25, 2014, 12:48:18 am »

It must be haunted. By spiders.

I just terrified myself. ;-;
I make Spellcrafts!

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #7814 on: June 25, 2014, 01:43:45 am »

A new problem easily solved by nuclear cleansing agents. But then you get the mutant spiders and you have to put in the House Centipedes to kill THOSE off and the cycle starts all over again. Really, just move to somewhere frigid where insects die off for most of the year. That works best.
Nah, see because after you infest your house with ants you can release anteaters or phorid flies, then you can shoot the former and trap the latter with copious amounts of venus flytraps

If they evolve, all is lost
Pages: 1 ... 519 520 [521] 522 523 ... 1420