Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965235 times)

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6810 on: March 23, 2014, 01:22:38 pm »

Argh, I don't know what the hell is happening to me. It's getting worse.
I'm pretty sure I mentioned yesterday that my eyes had been 'weeping' a lot- I doubt that's the correct term, since what I actually meant is that they were producing a lot of sleep (y'know, that gunk stuff you usually wake up with in your eyes), enough to be visible. I've been sick for a few days with mild cold/flu symptoms, mostly a sore throat but a brief fever too, and a runny/blocked nose.

I went up to visit my mother yesterday, not paying my eyes' weirdness much attention since they occasionally do weird stuff, but it kept up. For most of the day my eyelashes were all gunked down, and my eyes red and irritated as though I was getting a sty.
I figured once I got home, out of the wind and whatever, they'd get over it. But it just seems to be getting worse...
I lay down in bed and slept for a while, but kept waking up due to the amount of stuff coating my eyes, sticking them shut and leaving hard ridges all over my eyelids. I'm pretty sure it's not too unusual for people to occasionally wake up with their eyelids gummed together with sleep, but I have certainly never had it on this level.

I just got up out of bed, only able to open my right eye partially, got a damp sponge and went into the bathroom to try and clean them.
I was greeted with a horrifying sight in the mirror: both my eyes caked with yellow gunk, the right one squinting angrily out from a tiny gap between the eyelids. Anyway, I did my best to clean them up with the sponge and got most of the stuff off, but I'm pretty sure I can feel more accumulating as I type this.
If this keeps up I think I'll have to go see a doctor tomorrow. :-\
Has anyone ever experienced anything similar?

Bacterial conjunctivitis. Presumably, some bacteria decided to take advantage of your flu/cold and decided to move in to your eyes. The yellow stuff is dead bacteria and dead immune cells, so you are basically crying corpses. And that's pretty metal.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6811 on: March 23, 2014, 01:27:02 pm »

Well, I'm not sure what to think of that, but the wording got a smile out of me anyway. \m/ Thanks!
I guess I'll probably have to see a doctor tomorrow... unfortunately I might need to look after my sister's dog as well.
Araghhghhlagh. Times like these I miss living with my mother and her elite-level motherly healing skills. Trade-offs, I suppose.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6812 on: March 23, 2014, 05:13:38 pm »

Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6813 on: March 23, 2014, 05:34:55 pm »

I hope they came out of that ok...

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6814 on: March 23, 2014, 05:38:18 pm »

Me too. That's just...fuck, I don't even want to imagine.

Pnx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6815 on: March 23, 2014, 05:39:38 pm »

Actually, looking at it, it seems they had the quick thinking to open the door and jump out... I didn't notice that before.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6816 on: March 23, 2014, 05:42:08 pm »

One person got out from the tow truck. Unless the driver of the 18-wheeler got picked up by a different vehicle earlier, at least one person didn't get out.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6817 on: March 23, 2014, 06:05:25 pm »

I don't know what it is about that gif but it looks fake.

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6818 on: March 25, 2014, 01:10:11 pm »

Reuters link.

Quote from: Reuters
It was a rescue that turned out to be a narrow escape for one Norwegian driver. This tow truck was trying to pull another truck that became stuck on this mountain road when suddenly the truck overturned. The quick thinking tow truck driver managed to jump out of the cab before his vehicle was pulled down the cliff. Amazingly police say the driver of the other vehicle survived his plunge down the mountain and is in stable condition.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6819 on: March 25, 2014, 01:23:44 pm »

Reuters link.

Quote from: Reuters
It was a rescue that turned out to be a narrow escape for one Norwegian driver. This tow truck was trying to pull another truck that became stuck on this mountain road when suddenly the truck overturned. The quick thinking tow truck driver managed to jump out of the cab before his vehicle was pulled down the cliff. Amazingly police say the driver of the other vehicle survived his plunge down the mountain and is in stable condition.
Thank goodness for that!

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6820 on: March 27, 2014, 06:36:30 am »

For some reason instead of accessing the forums I got redirected towards the Uni website for a while. It appears that deactivating Wifi helped, though.

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #6821 on: March 27, 2014, 11:16:36 am »

After a space of a day or two since noticing, I think I've managed to get the last of the chewed crisps out of my left inner ear. why do we still need our inner ear connected to our mouths

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6822 on: March 27, 2014, 06:47:08 pm »

I just finished the Metro Last Light Spider Lair level. It is a level in which you run through an abandoned rocket base filled to the brim with giant spiders. You have a lighter. They are somewhat afraid of the light. I am an arachnophobe.

Feel free to replace the rest of this post with several pages of horrified screaming.

LeoLeonardoIII

• Bay Watcher
  • Plump Helmet McWhiskey
    • View Profile
« Reply #6823 on: March 27, 2014, 06:54:01 pm »

I hear there's a mod that removes 99% of the spiders, but also removes the lighter.
The Expedition Map
Basement Stuck
Treebanned
Haunter of Birthday Cakes, Bearded Hamburger, Intensely Off-Topic

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #6824 on: March 27, 2014, 07:10:50 pm »

Hey, at least I'm getting a profound sense of happiness that I am not trapped in post-apocalyptic Moscow being chased in the dark by hundreds of man-sized spiders who wish for nothing more then to suck out my juices. Though then again you could make pretty much any life better when you compare it to that.
Pages: 1 ... 453 454 [455] 456 457 ... 1420