Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963852 times)

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #6345 on: January 18, 2014, 01:02:36 am »

I like Cheerios, Life, and Shredded Wheat. As a kid I always wanted Life but there wasn't an off-brand so my parents would always buy fake Cheerios and Froot Loops. You know how people say it's the same stuff in the bags as in the boxes? Probably true. But I just hate Froot Loops for what they do to my milk.

I cannot abide a soft fruity milk.
I, too, had the same situation. To this day, Froot Loops are monstrous, as are Lucky Charms. Mind you, Fruity Pebbles and its various knockoffs are magnificent, so there's probably something psychosomatic going on here.
Have you checked your house for any lesser deities? They tend to fuck with people like that. Just remember to look out for the people who are human and blatantly not human.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6346 on: January 18, 2014, 01:21:26 am »

I've always loved froot loops. Takes a massive amount of self-control not to buy them now as an adult, since I was never allowed to have them as a kid. ;_; And of course, now I understand why that was, and so I miss out.

...I could probably balance out my diet if I had froot loops then just didn't eat for a day, right? Right?!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6347 on: January 18, 2014, 01:26:54 am »

Fruitloops? Blech.

Applejacks all the way, when going for fruity rings.

But usually? I go for "real beakfast cereal", like muesli, granola, and pals, but I usually skip breakfast.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #6348 on: January 18, 2014, 01:30:35 am »

I like those cinnamon square things. Cereal is probably just marginally more nutritional than cardboard, though.  :'(

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6349 on: January 18, 2014, 01:44:02 am »

Used to have Cocoa-pops/ Rice Bubbles when I was in Primary School. That changed to Nutra-Grain when I was in High School. Now I mostly have various cereals with fruit bits in them like Sultana Bran. I find sugary cereal isn't really refreshing/wake-upy enough.

Either cereal or bacon and eggs, though I try not to have bacon b/w eggs too often.

I always wanted to get those six packs of small cereal boxes. Mostly for the novelty, also because you got those sugary Frosty-thingies in them.

The stint with Nutra-grain was a good one, because they occationally came with things in the box. I managed to get copies of Age of Empires 1 as well as Tony Hawk Proskater through that. Also a few Wallace and Gromit figurines.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 01:45:48 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6350 on: January 18, 2014, 01:45:05 am »

I do not understand how people can eat muesli. I mean, come on, at least eat Weetbix/wheat biscuits!
Or toast, if it comes to that. Why not fry up an egg? Anything but muesli. :P

Apart from froot loops, I like Nutri-grain, weetbix bites and the occasional Cocoa Pop. And those Chex things, I guess.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6351 on: January 18, 2014, 02:00:24 am »

What's wrong with muesli? O.o

It has lots more flavor than nasty kellogg's shreaded wheat biscuits. Blech.

At least I didn't come out and say something horrid, like suggesting a big wholesome bowl of allbran, without sugar. :)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6352 on: January 18, 2014, 02:25:20 am »

I like Cheerios, Life, and Shredded Wheat. As a kid I always wanted Life but there wasn't an off-brand so my parents would always buy fake Cheerios and Froot Loops. You know how people say it's the same stuff in the bags as in the boxes? Probably true. But I just hate Froot Loops for what they do to my milk.

I cannot abide a soft fruity milk.
I, too, had the same situation. To this day, Froot Loops are monstrous, as are Lucky Charms. Mind you, Fruity Pebbles and its various knockoffs are magnificent, so there's probably something psychosomatic going on here.
I've come to hate fruit-flavored cereals simply because they don't taste like any fruit in particular. It's just a vague fruity taste on top of the base corn or rice cereal.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

wierd

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6353 on: January 18, 2014, 02:28:18 am »

That's why you should try applejacks. They have a cinnamon taste. :)

Kadzar

• Bay Watcher
  • Descan Pengwind
    • View Profile
« Reply #6354 on: January 18, 2014, 02:52:50 am »

I am familiar with the Applejacks. As I recall they also have a bit of the bland fruity taste to them, though I think it might have been slightly more appley than the normal fruit flavor, which was not at all.

Also, talking of breakfast cereal has reminded me of French Toast Crunch, and how it is not sold in most stores anywhere, though I think I vaguely recall reading of it still being made.

Preedit: Yes, it seems it is still sold in Canada. No doubt as a measure to stop their precious maple syrup from being consumed by foreigners. The only other explanation is that people just didn't buy enough in the American market to continue their sale, which is impossible because, as far as I can recall from over a decade ago when I last had them, they were delicious.
What if the earth is just a knick in one of the infinite swords of the mighty fractal bear?
Glory to Arstotzka!

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #6355 on: January 18, 2014, 08:22:50 am »

I do not understand how people can eat muesli. I mean, come on, at least eat Weetbix/wheat biscuits!
B-But Weetbix almost literally has the nutritional value of cardboard! Muesli, on the other hand has only one downfall for me: it takes far too flippin' long to eat, my word. Unless you just swallow the grains unchewed, but that sounds like a recipe for disaster.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6356 on: January 18, 2014, 09:03:20 am »

Why is there grain in your Müsli? Isn't it usually made with oats?
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6357 on: January 18, 2014, 09:12:11 am »

Are oats not grains?

scrdest

• Bay Watcher
  • Girlcat?/o_ o
    • View Profile
« Reply #6358 on: January 18, 2014, 10:23:48 am »

Oat, wheat, barley, rice... not to sure about corn...

I've seen some with a corn flake every now and then.
We are doomed. It's just that whatever is going to kill us all just happens to be, from a scientific standpoint, pretty frickin' awesome.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #6359 on: January 18, 2014, 11:57:18 am »

Corn and corn based products pls leave
Wheat and museli can stay
Pages: 1 ... 422 423 [424] 425 426 ... 1420