Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963753 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #585 on: February 11, 2012, 05:40:51 pm »

Yeah, I know they can get pretty awful.  I wouldn't want my wife's nightmares, though I would take them from her if I could.  She has them every single night, many recurring.  They're an incredibly burden to her.  Still, I'd take a little horror now and then over nothing at all.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: February 11, 2012, 06:01:19 pm »

I don't really have many nightmares, just really bizarre dreams.  One nightmare I do remember freaked the everloving hell out of me, though. I was about 8-9 at the time, and had been reading some Sherlock Holmes stories. I don't remember the name of it, but the most recent was the one involving orange pips being mailed to people who later died. So the dream opens with me standing on a raised deck looking down a flight of stairs, both made of well-worn wood. The deck was small, and I had the impression that it was attached to a house, but there was nothing else there. Apart from myself, the deck, and the stairs, everything was a black void streaked with patches of rainbow-colored paint (think the patterns in pools of motor oil, but without the oily sheen). I began walking down the stairs, and turned left as I reached the bottom, facing this girl about my age, who appeared to be a poor-drawn sketch, also splattered in the same paint. She held out her hand, as if offering something to me, and I looked, seeing five dried orange pips. I woke up screaming.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: February 11, 2012, 07:05:41 pm »

Don't worry Salmongod, I can only remember- Now they're all coming back and I've forgotten what I was going to say. Oh yeah, I dream lucidly most of he time and it's worse when you wake up and you think 'That was fun' followed by 'What was fun?'

The following scared me at the time:

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: February 11, 2012, 07:46:09 pm »

I think I know what my nightmare was about.  It's scolding me for being too passive.  The world is going to shit all around me, and I'm doing very little besides watching or occasionally motivating other actors (like my cat).  My first instinct whenever something is bothering me is to become more reclusive   :-\
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: February 12, 2012, 08:11:20 am »

Worst nightmare I've ever had last year was a dream where I was browsing pages in the computer in some wilderness or whatever. Place was full of concrete flooring, and it looked like it was midnight.

The computer's screen flashed a page that looked like the Sharingan from Naruto (that anime sucks, for the record), except it was filled with jagged runes that I knew was of demonic origin. The page flashed red, blue and green colors rapidly, and I felt like I was having a heart attack and a seizure at the same time.

Couldn't wake up too, so I had to endure quite a bit until my brother woke me up.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Whitefoxsniper

• Bay Watcher
  • something meaningful.
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: February 13, 2012, 03:02:51 am »

Watched Paranormal Activity 3 alone, in the dark, and at night which was terrifying fun.

After I've calmed down a bit i can't help but think that the ending would have been better if they had been surrounded and driven insane by chanting or surrounded and thrown around a bit and killed in front of each other.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I woke up one night and saw a black cloak out in the hallway when i was 12, it was moving like it had a limp... I have never been so terrified since then. It walked slowly toward my bedroom. Walking out of my sight when it turns the corner I begin to think that I imagined it.

I panic and try to wake up my brother, we slept in the same bed back then don't ask... He refuses to get up, I sit up and literally shake the living hell out of him, terrified out of my mind, he didn't get up.

I get under my covers and hide, of course I peek and it's almost at my doorway. It steps into the doorway and disappears, just gone.

I am flooded  with sweet relief and I try to get my brother up, he doesn't get up still... My heart eventually stops trying to escape from my chest and I eventually fall asleep.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: February 13, 2012, 03:04:54 am »

Watched Paranormal Activity 3 alone, in the dark, and at night which was terrifying fun.

After I've calmed down a bit i can't help but think that the ending would have been better if they had been surrounded and driven insane by chanting or surrounded and thrown around a bit and killed in front of each other.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

I woke up one night and saw a black cloak out in the hallway when i was 12, it was moving like it had a limp... I have never been so terrified since then. It walked slowly toward my bedroom. Walking out of my sight when it turns the corner I begin to think that I imagined it.

I panic and try to wake up my brother, we slept in the same bed back then don't ask... He refuses to get up, I sit up and literally shake the living hell out of him, terrified out of my mind, he didn't get up.

I get under my covers and hide, of course I peek and it's almost at my doorway. It steps into the doorway and disappears, just gone.

I am flooded  with sweet relief and I try to get my brother up, he doesn't get up still... My heart eventually stops trying to escape from my chest and I eventually fall asleep.

Wait, you actually saw a black apparition? That is grade-a creepy there, in my opinion.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: February 13, 2012, 03:27:19 am »

Fun fact: I can't drive. Was never taught, despite years of asking.
So today, just out of the blue, mum decided to give me a driving lesson. Back roads around where we live should be empty, right? Well no, they are used by logging trucks pretty much constantly. First time driving ever and I am being tail gated by a fucking logging truck. Most scary thing ever. It was even worse with very crappy instructions, often being told that I should have done something after it was too late...

kaijyuu

• Bay Watcher
  • Hrm...
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: February 13, 2012, 03:36:05 am »

Get one of those student driver bumper stickers.

Everyone will give you a wiiiide berth.
Quote from: Chesterton
For, in order that men should resist injustice, something more is necessary than that they should think injustice unpleasant. They must think injustice absurd; above all, they must think it startling. They must retain the violence of a virgin astonishment. When the pessimist looks at any infamy, it is to him, after all, only a repetition of the infamy of existence. But the optimist sees injustice as something discordant and unexpected, and it stings him into action.

Max White

• Bay Watcher
  • Still not hollowed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: February 13, 2012, 03:40:22 am »

Well I had L plates on, they were clearly visible. Anyway, it was a tight road, I'm not sure there was berth to give.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #595 on: February 13, 2012, 06:19:30 am »

The day this happens...

Google search "tardigrades", read an article, gasp in fear.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: February 13, 2012, 06:38:19 am »

The day this happens...

Google search "tardigrades", read an article, gasp in fear.

Oh no, interstellar war water bears!

If that day comes, then we're f**ked.

Deadmeat1471

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: February 13, 2012, 09:07:08 am »

Seriously. WTF is that picture and where is it from?  :o

DeKaFu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: February 13, 2012, 10:21:30 am »

Tardigrades are adorable though! Especially the ones with eyespots.
They can actually survive the vaccuum of space you know. And being one degree above absolute zero, among other things. They're wonderful.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: February 13, 2012, 10:23:59 am »

Tardigrades are adorable though! Especially the ones with eyespots.
They can actually survive the vaccuum of space you know. And being one degree above absolute zero, among other things. They're wonderful.

And nigh-unkillable.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 1420