Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1969290 times)

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #5835 on: November 15, 2013, 01:02:47 pm »

I now know fear.

Windscreen washer failure, at 70 MPH, on a busy motorway, in the rain.

It was very much shitpants time.
This is a blank sig.

GiglameshDespair

• Bay Watcher
  • Beware! Once I have posted, your thread is doomed!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5836 on: November 15, 2013, 01:08:22 pm »

Well ,you didn't get splattered, so focus on that.
You fool. Don't you understand?
No one wishes to go on...

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5837 on: November 15, 2013, 02:32:54 pm »

I now know fear.

Windscreen washer failure, at 70 MPH, on a busy motorway, in the rain.

It was very much shitpants time.

Hahah, I remember this happening. I was in the backseat driver side, the driver panicked. The front passenger took over, I crawled out the back window and fixed it right there at high speed on the highway, less than a foot from the barrier, while the other backseat passenger holding onto a leg as the only thing keeping me remotely steady.

But we survived! Terrifying, but also fun, times.

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #5838 on: November 15, 2013, 07:07:31 pm »

I was passenger once while my wife was driving in the winter... a very long time ago.  We were like 18 and 20.  It was very slushy weather.  We hit one part of the city where for some reason the slush was incredibly grimey.  The wipers smeared it, instead of cleaning it off, making it impossible to see through most of the windshield.  The only clean spot was at the bottom on the passenger side.  There wasn't really anywhere to stop between there and our destination, without stopping a whole bunch of traffic (and I don't know how they weren't having the same problem).  So my wife drove blind for the next few minutes, while I directed her every timing and step through several turns and a couple stop lights.  Probably one of the dumbest things we've ever done, but somehow made it through without incident.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

kisame12794

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Arc Welder!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5839 on: November 15, 2013, 07:40:29 pm »

I had a moment of terror when there was so much rain, it was coming down too fast for my wipers to keep up with, even with them going full tilt. It was only for a minute or so, but it still scared the crap out of me.
The non-assholes vastly outnumber the assholes but the assholes can fart with greater volume.
((You're an arm and a torso in low orbit. This was the best possible resolution of things.))

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5840 on: November 15, 2013, 10:06:35 pm »

The windshield wipers on my old jeep didn't work at one point. Whiel I was going up a notoriously windy, slippery slope in a dense fog that deposited sheets of water onto my windshield. Had to hang my head out the window to see until I climbed up out of the clouds and could pull over. Shit was scary.

Also, same vehicle died going up the same hill some months later when the engine blew a hole in itself. Still worked long enough for me to turn around and start to descend again, but it died completely about 1/3 of the way down and I lost power steering so I had to stop and hitchhike my way home because NOBODY WOULD ANSWER THEIR GODDAMN PHONE!!! >:c
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Bohandas

• Bay Watcher
  • Discordia Vobis Com Et Cum Spiritum
    • View Profile
« Reply #5841 on: November 15, 2013, 11:50:56 pm »

NEW Petition to stop the anti-consumer, anti-worker, Trans-Pacific Partnership agreement
What is TPP
----------------------
Remember, no one can tell you who you are except an emotionally unattached outside observer making quantifiable measurements.
----------------------
Έπαινος Ερις

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #5843 on: November 16, 2013, 06:40:50 am »

Imgur image macro gallery of "time to oil up". That's enough internet for the night.
why didn't you oil it
IT DIDN'T HAVE TO END LIKE THIS
Don't call it a salad, this is the future you chose

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5844 on: November 16, 2013, 07:17:24 am »

Imgur image macro gallery of "time to oil up". That's enough internet for the night.
Ḯ̛͍ͭ̓t̳̖̦̞͕̤͊̊ͮͭͬͯ͋͆́'͙̰̯̟̫̬͚̃͑͋ͧ̑ͨ͢s̢̹̞̖͕̤͈̝̑̽̐̇̄̚ ̵̫̭͆ͯ̾̎͒́͘t̞͇̝̜̮͛ͬ͒ͯi̷̺̹͎̪̦̮̝͎̦͌̅̆͜m̖̼̝̰̳̙͗̎͌̏͗̑̉͌e̷̸͖̖̜͉̰͙̳̪̾́͜ͅ ̛̥̪̺͇̊̇̋̂́̾ͩt͓̘̮͍ͯ́̇̃ͬͩ̀͛ͪö̶́̾͏͇̀ ̫̰̱̹̖͙̪̍̌o̪̮̦͕̻̞̾̀͝i̴̛̹̥̱͕ͣͮ͂̓͑͐l̛̻̣ͭ͟ ̸̴̰͇̲͚̫̝̙͑̍̉̎̀ͧu̵̦̯͇̙ͤ͋͘p̵̷̲̭͉͕̯͛ͅ.̴̪̦̏ͅ
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace
Pages: 1 ... 388 389 [390] 391 392 ... 1420