Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1963752 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Shoes...

Monkeyfacedprickleback

• Bay Watcher
  • Sweet flaming monkey fire WHY are they doing that?
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #541 on: January 12, 2012, 06:28:13 am »

Magpies.

If you don't find those birds threatening you live on the wrong continent.

olemars

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 12, 2012, 06:51:51 am »

Never felt threatened by a magpie. Oh, you live in Australia. I would not be even a little surprised if australian magpies have venomous stingers that'll kill you after 48 hours of excruciating pain.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 12, 2012, 07:15:18 am »

I once raised a chicken magpie to adulthood. Pichina, we called her (?)
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 12, 2012, 07:35:58 am »

Australian magpies (males) get a testosterone surge during the breeding season, rendering them the equivalent of a guy on steroids - ('HE LOOKED AT ME, I'M GONNA SMASH HIM')

I've had one tangle its talons in my hair, and another only miss gouging my eyes because of my glasses.

NobodyPro

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 12, 2012, 07:58:01 am »

Living in Australia really makes you appreciate how much nature hates you and your aversion to poison. I open my window slightly and a big ass spider crawls over the top of the frame. THE PART MY HAND WAS ON. THE PART THAT WAS ALREADY IN THE HOUSE.  AS BIG AS MY HAND. MY HANDS ARE HUGE.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 12, 2012, 09:12:49 am »

I once had a terrifying moment when a Victorian Funnel Web decided to set up residence in my 'bits n' pieces' cabinet.

I saw this huge spider sitting underneath one of my treasured possessions, a papier mache bowl I made when I was nine... I had this sudden fear that it would crawl out during the night and maul my face, so I decided I would have to kill it. How to kill it, when it was under a treasured possession? It would crush the papier mache bowl if I punched the spider. It would weaken the bowl if I sprayed it.

So I coaxed the spider out with a hook fashioned from a metal coat hanger, then used insect poison to DRENCH the entire thing until it was a mess of bubbles of foam. It recoiled, until the bubbles had dispersed, and then made a break for it, straight toward me.
I sprayed it again to the same extent. Same recoil until the bubbles had dispersed, then it started running toward me again.

I FLIPPED MY SHIT.

Got my shoe and hit it with all my strength. It survived that, because I hadn't used the shoe properly, using it as if you were slapping someone with it. So I put my hand in the heel, then punched downward onto the spider.

It survived that with a lost leg but no less anger. I could quite clearly see the venom on its fangs, which were fuckin' huge, let me tell you.

TRY ONCE MORE GOOD REUDH!

And so I did, and I punched again, damn near breaking my hand with the force I put into the punch. It took two steps and keeled over.

CRISIS AVERTED.

SLEEP AVERTED.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU----
Australia, Y U SO VENOMOUS?

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: January 12, 2012, 10:05:46 am »

Note to self: Do not watch ghost hunting videos or read creepypasta (specifically, SCP-173) at night, when you're alone, your room's silent and when you're a scaredy-cat.

Sadly, I don't expect myself to learn from this lesson.

I think I'm being watched.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 12, 2012, 03:08:40 pm »

I actually became less scared upon reading 173.  Seriously, how many times has the "omg dont blink it just like doctor who it kill u if u look away" thing been done?

Ohio is sort of a nexus for poisonous spiders for the midwest.  In that respect we're kind of like Australia.  I've seen both brown recluses and black widows in my basement.

We're also a popular hangout of the only animal whose American version is worse than the Australian version.

Shoes...

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: January 12, 2012, 03:13:07 pm »

Hey, possum some good cookin on the grill.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 12, 2012, 04:31:49 pm »

Especially if you turn the grill on, not realizing that one snuck in there during the night.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Shakerag

• Bay Watcher
  • Just here for the schadenfreude.
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 12, 2012, 05:30:54 pm »

OMG SPIDERZ

Wait.  Where's the health bar?  I thought spiders were so big in Australia they had health bars. 

Note to self: Do not watch ghost hunting videos or read creepypasta (specifically, SCP-173) at night, when you're alone, your room's silent and when you're a scaredy-cat.

Sadly, I don't expect myself to learn from this lesson.

I think I'm being watched.

So there's this game called Amnesia that you might be interested in ...

I actually became less scared upon reading 173.  Seriously, how many times has the "omg dont blink it just like doctor who it kill u if u look away" thing been done?

Ohio is sort of a nexus for poisonous spiders for the midwest.  In that respect we're kind of like Australia.  I've seen both brown recluses and black widows in my basement.

We're also a popular hangout of the only animal whose American version is worse than the Australian version.

Yeah, I'm in central Illinois here, and I get ultra-paranoid every time I see a spider thinking it's a brown recluse. 

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 12, 2012, 06:10:03 pm »

It had 50hp.

Gargantuan for a spider.

Tellemurius

• Bay Watcher
  • Positively insane Tech Thaumaturgist
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 13, 2012, 11:48:56 am »

Especially if you turn the grill on, not realizing that one snuck in there during the night.
Now thats what i call a "Instant TV dinner"

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 13, 2012, 05:12:59 pm »

Lol Cthulu. Western US has a similar climate to the more temperate parts of Australia, and the creatures are fairly similar.
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 1420