Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964270 times)

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #4995 on: September 14, 2013, 11:45:50 pm »

http://www.listenonrepeat.com/watch/?v=9C_HReR_McQ Warning: Not safe for children.
I'm terrified that they managed to put so many subtle tones in there.

Edit: I'm also terrified that no one realizes that green not being a creative color is mentioning the picture of the brain later. The green area is the temporal lobe, which is responsible for making sense of things.
Never used that website. Gonna assume it's 'don't hug me, I'm scared'
Why yes, yes it is.
I've heard of that one. That's one messed up video.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #4996 on: September 15, 2013, 07:10:47 am »

Asking a friend a favour. If he refuses this'll cost me up to 200 euros D:

edit: why does nobody have a car with a tow hitch D:. How am I ever expected to move stuff now :/.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2013, 07:23:49 am by Dutchling »

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4997 on: September 15, 2013, 05:16:22 pm »

I smashed some fat-ass metallic-blue fly and something shot out of it. Something that WIGGLED. At first I thought "What the hell? Did I squeeze out a nerve ganglion with a bunch of muscles on it?" But no... Upon closer inspection, it was a ball of maggots! I violently squeezed a fly and maggots shot out of it! freaked me out plenty.

Also, work on a slash pile yesterday disturbed an enormous nest of wasps. A couple hundred must have been swarming around after my dog disturbed them (idiot stood there while they stung him and flapped his ears until we called him away) and we threw sticks at the entryway. Came back later to spray the nest. Spray was ineffective, and after a minute the swarm came out again. One of the bastards stung me in the back.

SO MANY WASPS!
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4998 on: September 15, 2013, 05:27:58 pm »

I smashed some fat-ass metallic-blue fly and something shot out of it. Something that WIGGLED. At first I thought "What the hell? Did I squeeze out a nerve ganglion with a bunch of muscles on it?" But no... Upon closer inspection, it was a ball of maggots! I violently squeezed a fly and maggots shot out of it! freaked me out plenty.

Also, work on a slash pile yesterday disturbed an enormous nest of wasps. A couple hundred must have been swarming around after my dog disturbed them (idiot stood there while they stung him and flapped his ears until we called him away) and we threw sticks at the entryway. Came back later to spray the nest. Spray was ineffective, and after a minute the swarm came out again. One of the bastards stung me in the back.

SO MANY WASPS!
Prego flies and wasp swarms. Sounds like you had one hell of a FUN! day.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4999 on: September 15, 2013, 07:26:56 pm »

I probably need an http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apicoectomy I have a tooth that was root canal'd twice, and there is still pain up around where I think the tip of the root is.

The pain went away while I was on antibiotics, so probably infected.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5000 on: September 15, 2013, 08:24:22 pm »

Well, I went back out there to re-investigate the nest this evening, and found something disturbing.

Our attempts to poison them with the wasp spray failed not because their nests are too far back into the slash pile: they're right next to the entrance. We were practically looking right at the damn thing and didn't notice it, and were spraying in underneath it, deeper into the slash pile. Any spray that did land on the nest would have done nothing to them, because the entire thing is encapsulated in paper. So I went out there today, took a stick, and smashed the thing open. Then I ran for my life as some hundreds of wasps took to the air around the slash pile.

Now that the walls have been breached, poisoning the bastards should be significantly easier. That'll happen tonight while they're resting.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #5001 on: September 15, 2013, 08:25:24 pm »

It's a slash pile? Why aren't they being roasted?

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #5002 on: September 15, 2013, 08:27:15 pm »

Because we'd end up burning down the forest we live in. It was supposed to rain this week, but it never did. Wouldn't have provided much insulation anyway if the entire pile went up in flames. It's about 7 feet high, and 20 feet in diameter.
I make Spellcrafts!

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5003 on: September 15, 2013, 08:28:48 pm »

As I told SalmonGod before you, the solution lies in white phosphorus.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #5004 on: September 15, 2013, 09:00:01 pm »

As I told SalmonGod before you, the solution lies in white phosphorus.
Don't know any context, but If White Phosphorus is suggested, I can do no more with my experience more then agree wholeheartedly.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5005 on: September 15, 2013, 10:06:04 pm »

Because we'd end up burning down the forest we live in. It was supposed to rain this week, but it never did. Wouldn't have provided much insulation anyway if the entire pile went up in flames. It's about 7 feet high, and 20 feet in diameter.

We got all your rain. The town to our west got some of the worst flooding they've ever seen.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5006 on: September 15, 2013, 10:30:47 pm »

Someone in the top fifteen or so class rank at my school doesn't know how to read time off of an analogue clock. Just...how do you have a higher GPA than me when you can't read time I don't understand. :(
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

Steelmagic

• Bay Watcher
  • Insanity makes everything fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5007 on: September 15, 2013, 10:34:43 pm »

Someone in the top fifteen or so class rank at my school doesn't know how to read time off of an analogue clock. Just...how do you have a higher GPA than me when you can't read time I don't understand. :(
High intelligence, low wisdom.
When i say "I'm no expert but..." It means "I have no idea what the hell I'm talking about but I'm going to try to sound like i do."

Angle

• Bay Watcher
  • 39 Indigo Spear Questions the Poor
    • View Profile
    • Agora Forum Demo!
« Reply #5008 on: September 15, 2013, 10:38:59 pm »

Who even uses analog clocks anymore, anyway? Those things are so obsolete.

Agora: open-source platform to facilitate complicated discussions between large numbers of people. Now with test site!

The Temple of the Elements: Quirky Dungeon Crawler

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5009 on: September 15, 2013, 10:39:27 pm »

In all honesty, I do occasionally blank on reading analogue clocks because of how ubiquitous digital has become.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.
Pages: 1 ... 332 333 [334] 335 336 ... 1420