Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1964665 times)

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #4695 on: August 10, 2013, 11:57:27 pm »

This terrified me today:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Like a bloody cartoon. Fuck you pressure differences!

Now all we need is a gif of a live crab being spewed out the top of the pipe like something off Tom and Jerry.
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Fniff

• Bay Watcher
  • if you must die, die spectacularly
    • View Profile
« Reply #4696 on: August 10, 2013, 11:58:31 pm »

Sorry, I'm leaping to conclusions cos my uncle fell down the stairs and got a bad head injury, and I heard it was suspected he may have had a stroke. So my suspisions are turned way up, and I may be making leaps of logic.

FuzzyZergling

• Bay Watcher
  • Zergin' erry day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4697 on: August 11, 2013, 12:14:35 am »

This kills the crab.

Eric Blank

• Bay Watcher
  • *Remain calm*
    • View Profile
« Reply #4698 on: August 11, 2013, 08:05:31 pm »

Yeah, it'd be pretty hard to dispute that the crab was thoroughly dead after that :P

Now, however, I want to see what sorts of organisms can go through the same ordeal (being squeezed through an opening much smaller than their body due to (apparently) extreme pressure differences) and not suffer fatal tissue damage. A jellyfish? Flatworm?
I make Spellcrafts!
I have no idea where anything is. I have no idea what anything does. This is not merely a madhouse designed by a madman, but a madhouse designed by many madmen, each with an intense hatred for the previous madman's unique flavour of madness.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4699 on: August 11, 2013, 08:08:48 pm »

School begins tomorrow.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4700 on: August 11, 2013, 08:10:00 pm »

What kind of school?
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4701 on: August 11, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »

This kills the crab.
That's pretty hardcore. What was the pipe for, anyways?

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #4702 on: August 11, 2013, 08:19:32 pm »

Yeah, it'd be pretty hard to dispute that the crab was thoroughly dead after that :P

Now, however, I want to see what sorts of organisms can go through the same ordeal (being squeezed through an opening much smaller than their body due to (apparently) extreme pressure differences) and not suffer fatal tissue damage. A jellyfish? Flatworm?

Octopus?  They can fit into really, really small spaces.  Don't know if it could survive being forced through one so quickly, though.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4703 on: August 11, 2013, 08:21:02 pm »

Now all we need is a gif of a live crab being spewed out the top of the pipe like something off Tom and Jerry.

Reverse the GIF of the crab being sucked in and there you go.

School begins tomorrow.

Wow, that seems really early for school to start. It's practically the start of August, that sucks. Doesn't start for me until August 26.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

Lagslayer

• Bay Watcher
  • stand-up philosopher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4704 on: August 11, 2013, 08:26:12 pm »

Octopus?  They can fit into really, really small spaces.  Don't know if it could survive being forced through one so quickly, though.
They have a couple pieces of cartilage and some mostly vestigial bone/shell fragments, not to mention their beak. Also, creatures exposed to such an extreme difference in pressure wouldn't last long anyways. That octopus would swell up and die very quickly.

kaenneth

• Bay Watcher
  • Catching fish
    • View Profile
    • Terrible Web Site
« Reply #4705 on: August 12, 2013, 04:19:13 pm »

Possibly Sponges.
Quote from: Karnewarrior
Jeeze. Any time I want to be sigged I may as well just post in this thread.
Quote from: Darvi
That is an application of trigonometry that never occurred to me.
Quote from: PTTG??
I'm getting cake.
Don't tell anyone that you can see their shadows. If they hear you telling anyone, if you let them know that you know of them, they will get you.

Gentlefish

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING: balloon-like qualities]
    • View Profile
« Reply #4706 on: August 12, 2013, 04:47:13 pm »

A little late on this, but relating to millipedes is this song.

Mr Space Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • inactive, changed accounts. sig for info
    • View Profile
« Reply #4707 on: August 12, 2013, 10:46:21 pm »

SCP Containment Breach looks FUGGIN' TERRIFYIN'. Just watching a Let's Play leaves me on the edge of my seat waiting for the dude to get mercilessly strangled by the ugliest weeping angel on the face of the ugly planet.

Amnesia The Dark Decent videos are nowhere near as horrifically terrifyingly scary-bad-bad as SCP Containment Breach. All of my nope for this game.

Not only is it scary, but it looks like it could be incredibly frustrating. Lper's died countless times already due to SCP-173 camping the only door out, or falling through the floor of a pocket dimension, or walking into an electric field, or the game genning an unwinnable map where it's all dead ends ending with SCP-173. The game is also darker than a black hole that's overdue on the electricity bill, I can't see shite 80% of the time, and when I can it's a beautiful color scheme of " depressing hopeless scare-the-poop-out-of-you graytm "

Scary game of the year.
Made a new account that I use instead of this one. Don't message this one, I'm probably not gonna use it.

New account: Spehss _

MetalSlimeHunt

• Bay Watcher
  • Gerrymander Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #4708 on: August 12, 2013, 10:52:04 pm »

SCP-173 doesn't strangle. SCP-173 crunch.
Quote from: Thomas Paine
To argue with a man who has renounced the use and authority of reason, and whose philosophy consists in holding humanity in contempt, is like administering medicine to the dead, or endeavoring to convert an atheist by scripture.
No Gods, No Masters.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4709 on: August 13, 2013, 12:31:22 am »

At around midnight, the wireless printer just started printing things. I'm scared to go see what it was. What if it's something like "ARE YOU MY MOMMY?"
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 312 313 [314] 315 316 ... 1420