Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1965878 times)

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #3420 on: February 18, 2013, 11:32:03 am »

Just finished reading Devil in the White City.  Holmes was a wicked guy.  Nothing is creepier than being moved to comprehend the deepest human capacities for indifference.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3421 on: February 18, 2013, 02:54:06 pm »

Just finished reading Devil in the White City.  Holmes was a wicked guy.  Nothing is creepier than being moved to comprehend the deepest human capacities for indifference.
Oh yeah! I loved that book. Yeah, Holmes was a terrifying guy. More terrifying to me since I know people alot like him, whom I hope aren't, well, murdering. And collecting insurance.

What did you think of the World's fair though?
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile

SalmonGod

• Bay Watcher
  • Nyarrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3423 on: February 18, 2013, 04:08:11 pm »

I wondered why I'd never heard of it.  It seems like it was such a monumental event.
In the land of twilight, under the moon
We dance for the idiots
As the end will come so soon
In the land of twilight

Maybe people should love for the sake of loving, and not with all of these optimization conditions.

misko27

• Bay Watcher
  • Lawful Neutral; Prophet of Pestilence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3424 on: February 24, 2013, 05:33:15 pm »

I wondered why I'd never heard of it.  It seems like it was such a monumental event.
Well, it DID happen a really long time ago, and people have short memories. In new york, Flushing has a bunch of things left over from our world'sfair, including the largest globe in the entire planet. Teh largest earth on earth.

Anyway, today I went to the Optometrist, and because of the dilation fluid I am currently incredibly near-sighted, as I am without my glasses or lenses. It is pretty terrifying to remember I am this blind. I have to stick my head right up to the computer to see. Imagine If I lived in the middle ages.
The Age of Man is over. It is the Fire's turn now

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3425 on: February 25, 2013, 12:42:31 am »

Well, it DID happen a really long time ago, and people have short memories. In new york, Flushing has a bunch of things left over from our world'sfair, including the largest globe in the entire planet. Teh largest earth on earth.

Anyway, today I went to the Optometrist, and because of the dilation fluid I am currently incredibly near-sighted, as I am without my glasses or lenses. It is pretty terrifying to remember I am this blind. I have to stick my head right up to the computer to see. Imagine If I lived in the middle ages.

Same here. I've got such nearsightedness, that everything outside of about 4-6 inches is horribly blurred. 4-6 inches is NOT very much detail vision. It's super difficult to tell person from person.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #3426 on: February 25, 2013, 01:22:35 am »

Same here. I've got such nearsightedness, that everything outside of about 4-6 inches is horribly blurred. 4-6 inches is NOT very much detail vision. It's super difficult to tell person from person.
Hans, are we clones or something?

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3427 on: February 25, 2013, 01:49:49 am »

Probably. I've got around 200 clones running around. Or maybe I'm one of the clones. I can't remember.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3428 on: February 25, 2013, 02:21:11 am »

Probably. I've got around 200 clones running around. Or maybe I'm one of the clones. I can't remember.
There's an easy way to differentiate the original from the clones. But I don't remember it, only the original me knows it  :(

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3429 on: February 25, 2013, 02:25:00 am »

Do they melt when surprised?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

MaximumZero

• Bay Watcher
  • Stare into the abyss.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3430 on: February 25, 2013, 02:27:31 am »

They vaporize when you facepunch them hard enough. Then again, apply enough force, and everything does.

Holy crap, why did I not start watching One Punch Man earlier? This is the best thing.
probably figured an autobiography wouldn't be interesting

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3431 on: February 25, 2013, 02:57:11 am »

The clones have to recite the full song whenever someone sings the first few lyrics of "Modern Major General."
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.

Angel Of Death

• Bay Watcher
  • Karl Groucho?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3432 on: February 25, 2013, 03:47:06 pm »

I've formatted, but Malwarebytes is still detecting shit. I don't know if I've improperly formatted or Malwarebytes has messed up.
99 percent of internet users add useless, pulled out of arse statistics to their sig. If you are the 1%, please, for the love of Armok, don't put any useless shit like this in your sig.
Hidden signature messages are fun!

RedKing

• Bay Watcher
  • hoo hoo motherfucker
    • View Profile
« Reply #3433 on: February 25, 2013, 03:58:19 pm »

The clones have to recite the full song whenever someone sings the first few lyrics of "Modern Major General."
I've information vegetable and animal and mineral
I know the kings of England and I quote the fights historical
From Marathon to Waterloo, in order categooooooh shit.  :o

Remember, knowledge is power. The power to make other people feel stupid.
Quote from: Neil DeGrasse Tyson
Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you.

Descan

• Bay Watcher
  • [HEADING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3434 on: February 25, 2013, 05:46:33 pm »

I have a 12U biology exam tomorrow.

I thought I was prepared.

I looked up a practice exam for it.

I cried a little.

I looked up another one, using the course code exactly.

OhgodohgodohgodI'mgonnafailsobadly. ._.
Quote from: SalmonGod
Your innocent viking escapades for canadian social justice and immortality make my flagellum wiggle, too.
Quote from: Myroc
Descan confirmed for antichrist.
Quote from: LeoLeonardoIII
I wonder if any of us don't love Descan.
Pages: 1 ... 227 228 [229] 230 231 ... 1420