Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1967691 times)

Furtuka

• Bay Watcher
  • High Priest of Mecha
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #3300 on: January 25, 2013, 07:49:38 pm »

The most recent turn of the plot that occurred in freeformschooler's The Warrens of Oric the Awesome while I was at school.
It's FEF, not FEOF

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #3301 on: January 30, 2013, 11:16:07 am »

Hour drive in likely inclement weather in a car (full of ants!) that may or may not make the trip, carrying along a cell phone that may or may not function, while on about two hours of sleep (because anxiety, whee), no breakfast, and not really enough spare cash to fix things should something go tits up in the process. Looking forward to this, I am not.

Gonna' do it anyway. Fuck nerves, get mobile.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
  • Every time you get ahead / it's just another hit
    • View Profile
« Reply #3302 on: January 30, 2013, 12:48:02 pm »

Tomorrow I'll go to the Frenchies for an exchange we're doing for school and read the mandatory text that has to be read. Because Walloons are insane, they decided that this would work best if half of their school was present.

Quote from: NW_Kohaku
they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #3303 on: February 06, 2013, 06:27:40 pm »

Working on the piece for the LoL contest (some crazy awesome prizes, chances of winning are slim but I've decided that I have to participate despite that, the whole building confidence shtick), I've procastrinated with it enough, satisfying myself with several sketches and rough concepts. It's due Friday, I've just about finished laying the groundwork and now the whole chore of detailing and effects is needed.

What terrified me?

Saving it to one folder and not being able to find it there, my brain instantly goes apeshit horror mode what the fuck did I just do closing a file I've worked on for hours and that there's no way I'll be able to make up for the lost shit.

Luckily before I started screaming in abject terror (it's past midnight) I find it in a different folder for some reason. So yeah, short minute of horror made the highlight of my day :C
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG

Korbac

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm very annoying, so tell me to STFU if need be
    • View Profile
« Reply #3304 on: February 06, 2013, 06:58:13 pm »

Spoiler: Relevant (click to show/hide)

I would agree with that myself, but about 90% of the dudes I know make 'harsh' jokes, so...

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3305 on: February 06, 2013, 07:02:04 pm »

I have almost no sense of humor and tend to take everything seriously.

There are many comedies I watch or like that I rarely if ever laugh even once.

As well I don't find slapstick funny... as well if anything I watch gets even a hint of sympathy the joke is DEAD! Thus black humor is often off limits.

So let me just say: Be glad you HAVE a big area of things to laugh at rather then an island in a vast ocean of unfunny.

PanH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3306 on: February 06, 2013, 10:31:33 pm »

You need a bit of irony. It isn't funny ? Well, now it is.

Slayerhero90

• Bay Watcher
  • Time for Taako's opinion.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3307 on: February 07, 2013, 08:35:08 am »

I tend to think everything's funny. I find myself laughing when I imagine that I'm supposed to be seeing Slenderman in a mirror but am just too unobservant to notice him. Like he's getting frustrated that I'm blind to that.
My tumblr.
Yeah no I don't haunt here anymore. Peace

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3308 on: February 07, 2013, 12:01:18 pm »

I am starting to think not passing tests on the first try is a bad idea.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Darvi

• Bay Watcher
  • <Cript> Darvi is my wifi.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3309 on: February 07, 2013, 12:03:01 pm »

Is the problem where you have several exams one after another, and on the same day?

Dutchling

• Bay Watcher
  • Ridin' with Biden
    • View Profile
« Reply #3310 on: February 07, 2013, 12:04:35 pm »

Yes :/

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3311 on: February 07, 2013, 12:27:22 pm »

Was actually yesterday, but going to the dentist always terrifies me. Even when nothing painful happens.

they wouldn't be able to tell the difference between the raving confessions of a mass murdering cannibal from a recipe to bake a pie.
Knowing Belgium, everyone will vote for themselves out of mistrust for anyone else, and some kind of weird direct democracy coalition will need to be formed from 11 million or so individuals.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3312 on: February 07, 2013, 12:42:27 pm »

Was actually yesterday, but going to the dentist always terrifies me. Even when nothing painful happens.

I love going to the dentist. You get to sit back, relax. Sometimes get selectively numbed or laughing gassed. I've never had anything more painful than a shot happen at the dentist's office, and shots are WAAAAAAY overrated on the Scale of Pain most people carry in their mind. Needles aren't very scary, when the doctor is doing it.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

miauw62

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3313 on: February 07, 2013, 12:48:10 pm »

I love going to the dentist. You get to sit back, relax. Sometimes get selectively numbed or laughing gassed. I've never had anything more painful than a shot happen at the dentist's office, and shots are WAAAAAAY overrated on the Scale of Pain most people carry in their mind. Needles aren't very scary, when the doctor is doing it.
Needles are scary. It's an irrational fear, but I can't get over the scaryness of needles D:

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3314 on: February 07, 2013, 12:50:06 pm »

I agree that needles are scary. But they aren't near as painful as they seem like they should be.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 219 220 [221] 222 223 ... 1420