Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1978608 times)

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #20685 on: February 10, 2021, 04:43:11 am »

* scriver immediately becomes irrationally angry over somebody else dissing what he just dissed

Nobody calls my cultural food nasty but me, buddy

:P
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 05:37:15 am by scriver »
Love, scriver~

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #20686 on: February 10, 2021, 05:18:27 am »

Not really irrational, it's like "hey that may be abominable tests of what counts as edible but that's OUR beloved abomination"

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #20687 on: February 10, 2021, 05:38:08 am »

Well rationale can sometimes strain the seams of what it rational ;)
Love, scriver~

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20688 on: February 10, 2021, 10:02:28 am »

I do take ironic and unironic pride in enjoying grits.  Which probably isn't so weird anymore, but it's the least edible part of a food that used to be for, well... animals and enslaved people :(

I'd much rather have grits than high fructose corn syrup, that's for sure.  Truly a crop of contrasts.  It's crazy how it used to be so disrespected, then so many uses were discovered for it.
She/they
No justice: no peace.
Quote from: Fallen London, one Unthinkable Hope
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20689 on: February 10, 2021, 10:04:01 am »

I'd much rather have grits than high fructose corn syrup, that's for sure.  Truly a crop of contrasts.  It's crazy how it used to be so disrespected, then so many uses were discovered for it.

Subsidies and quotas will do that to a thing. "We've got an obscene amount of X lying around, and it's just gonna rot unless we do something with it".

See also: Ford making car parts out of soy

MonkeyHead

• Bay Watcher
  • Yma o hyd...
    • View Profile
« Reply #20690 on: February 10, 2021, 12:47:58 pm »

Subsidies and quotas will do that to a thing. "We've got an obscene amount of X lying around, and it's just gonna rot unless we do something with it".

See also: Ford making car parts out of soy

Suddenly, whisky!
This is a blank sig.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20691 on: February 11, 2021, 04:25:52 am »

When in doubt make alcohol out of it!
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20692 on: February 11, 2021, 07:09:02 am »

The roof and wall in the house is collapsing ;_; nooo

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20693 on: February 11, 2021, 07:10:17 am »

How? Heavy snowfall pushing it down?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20694 on: February 11, 2021, 07:16:23 am »

yeah too much snow and this place is a ruin anyway. RIP that part of the house

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20695 on: February 11, 2021, 08:05:15 am »

Regarding the hacking of the water plant in Florida. It was made by someone over teamviewer. While the operator was using the computer so he quickly changed back the settings.

Teamviewer is a nifty little program to have remote access mainly to share stuff and give remote support.

So it is really surprising and kind of idiotic to be able to hack vital infrastructure over that. One coull even regard this as something else instead of hacking, and call it simply security errors because someone must have have TeamViewer ID and password of that computer.

I mean, if the "hacker" connected so easily to team viewer and did what it did so quickly it shows it knew what machine was connecting to and what was going to do. And had the TeamViewer ID and password of the machine, either somebody told him or he got it on person.

If they have the means to figure out that ID and password remotely then they don't really need teamviewer to do any system changes.

This means to me that more than some random hack or terrorist wanna be this was done by someone from or close to the plant. The FBI already issued some statements about "wtf are you doing" over this, stating that while no ill feeling towards TeamViewer, critical systems should be more secured and managed closely to avoid this kind of things.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 08:13:08 am by LordBaal »
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20696 on: February 11, 2021, 08:09:28 am »

I wouldn't be surprised if the password + access were acquired by the major FireEye hack two months ago
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20697 on: February 11, 2021, 10:45:40 am »

Teamviewer is pretty often involved in social engineering scams, even the ones which involve getting confused grandmas to drive to the store for Google Play cards  :(

But yeah in this case I bet the credentials were leaked.  The real mistake was failing to change them regularly (and especially after the major hack).
She/they
This one didn't want to be who they was. On the Surface – it was a dull, unconsidered sadness. But everything changed. Which implied everything could change.

Rolan7

• Bay Watcher
  • [GUE'VESA][BONECARN]
    • View Profile
« Reply #20698 on: February 11, 2021, 10:56:45 am »

I keep getting drunk and oversharing.  I'm terrified I'm going to lose all my friends again.  But I can't seem to stop getting drunk, and they're not even asking me to stop.

Also gender is a fuck

(I worked with my dad Tuesday and we got stranded with a flat tire, but that's not an excuse.  I wish I had mental and gender health care.  Maybe I need to go clothes shopping?  Good thing there isn't a plague ahaha)
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 11:02:27 am by Rolan7 »
She/they

LordBaal

• Bay Watcher
  • System Lord and Hanslanda lees evil twin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20699 on: February 11, 2021, 11:23:11 am »

If is any consolation you can't lose us to your drinking.
I'm curious as to how a tank would evolve. Would it climb out of the primordial ooze wiggling it's track-nubs, feeding on smaller jeeps before crawling onto the shore having evolved proper treds?
My ship exploded midflight, but all the shrapnel totally landed on Alpha Centauri before anyone else did.  Bow before me world leaders!
Pages: 1 ... 1378 1379 [1380] 1381 1382 ... 1420