Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 ... 1420

Author Topic: Things that made you absolutely terrified today  (Read 1978665 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things that made you absolutely terrified today
« Reply #19350 on: September 28, 2018, 09:57:14 am »

The key to doing well is remembering that Alexander the Great was a 20 year old gay drunk when he conquered the world, Bruce Lee was a former street thug who died of a headache, and Gandhi was maybe probably a pedophile. So you're probably doing just fine, all things considered.

And remember kids, Teddy Roosevelt was an asthmatic that became president, broke trusts, and did badass things before dying in his sleep, FDR managed to become president while not having functioning legs four times, Wojtek was a polish bear that fought in WW2; like, a real bear, can you believe that? Don't worry Teneb, if a bear can fight a war, you can present an article.

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #19351 on: September 28, 2018, 09:59:54 am »

He HAS presented an article. Perhaps you should say "if Teneb can present an article, then a bear can fight a war!"
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19352 on: September 28, 2018, 10:01:29 am »

From looking at the graphs, we can see that Tenebs presenting articles and bears fighting wars have a clear, direct correlation!

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #19353 on: September 28, 2018, 10:04:18 am »

From looking at the graphs, we can see that Tenebs presenting articles and bears fighting wars have a clear, direct correlation!
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19354 on: September 28, 2018, 10:31:56 am »

I endorse this information.

Also was fun explaining what Pepe was to a bunch (which means 10, obviously) what a meme is, what Pepe is and how it was appropriated by the american Alt-Right and is now racist.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Rockeater

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19355 on: September 28, 2018, 10:32:15 am »

How from all possible graphs to show this point you found the worst one
Damnit people, this is why I said to keep the truce. Because now everyone's ganging up on the cats.
Also, don't forget to contact your local Eldritch Being(s), so that they can help with our mission to destroy the universe.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19356 on: September 28, 2018, 10:45:28 am »

Also was fun explaining what Pepe was to a bunch (which means 10, obviously) what a meme is, what Pepe is and how it was appropriated by the american Alt-Right and is now racist.
So....is the OK hand sign racist now? Because that's something floating around nowadays too
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19357 on: September 28, 2018, 10:48:07 am »

I'm still confused how a benign frog cartoon got to be racist shorthand.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #19358 on: September 28, 2018, 11:01:04 am »

So....is the OK hand sign racist now? Because that's something floating around nowadays too
I haven't studied it specifically, but... even if its currently not, it could become if people insist that it is. I imagine that appropriation of it will actually be harder since it's not a random internet meme, but something far older. Also what you call the OK sign is the "get fucked in the arsehole" sign here.

It was a combination of factors. Trump supporters and the alt-right in general started using Pepe memes and making their own variations; some obviously racist or xenophobic. The first depiction of Trump as Pepe was of a Trump-toupee'd Pepe standing in front of the US border with sad mexicans on the other side back in 2015 (am having lunch, so can't grab the picture right now). During the US presidential race, the meme was brought into the mainstream by both Trump and Clinton. Him posting depictions of Pepe as himself and Clinton with her "Basket of Deplorables" speech. Once she made that speech and a post on her presidential race blog was made denouncing Pepe as a meme of racists and white supremacists, the mass media started to echo that. So people that never saw Pepe before now saw him... as a symbol of prejudice. And the members of the Alt-Right weren't offended. They celebrated it, for Pepe was now reclaimed from the "Libtards", from the "Cucks", from the "Normies". And so it went.

tl;dr: That was the tl;dr. The article is 9 pages long.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19359 on: September 28, 2018, 11:03:19 am »

The key to doing well is remembering that Alexander the Great was a 20 year old gay drunk when he conquered the world, Bruce Lee was a former street thug who died of a headache, and Gandhi was maybe probably a pedophile. So you're probably doing just fine, all things considered.

The Nazi Panda has such uplifting quotes as "Bruce Lee died of a headache".

I mean, IIRC it was acute encephalitis brought about by an extreme allergic reaction, but what is acute encephalitis but the absolute worst and usually last headache ever?

The evilest magic of all. Bored neckbeards.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

TamerVirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Who cares
    • View Profile
« Reply #19360 on: September 28, 2018, 11:07:42 am »

I mean, IIRC it was acute encephalitis brought about by an extreme allergic reaction, but what is acute encephalitis but the absolute worst and usually last headache ever?
The coroner put it best: (death by)MISADVENTURE!
What can mysteriously disappear can mysteriously reappear
*Shakes fist at TamerVirus*

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19361 on: September 28, 2018, 11:15:10 am »

The coroner put it best: (death by)MISADVENTURE!
I've also heard allegations of heatstroke, but MISADVENTURE sounds much more fun.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19362 on: September 28, 2018, 12:22:54 pm »

I'm kinda disappointed no one brought up the supposed Touch of Death.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #19363 on: September 28, 2018, 02:19:29 pm »

We do not discuss the forbidden practice of Dim Mak.

As for Gandhi, eh... At least he wasn't a fucking kaffir.

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19364 on: September 28, 2018, 02:21:30 pm »

We do not discuss the forbidden practice of Dim Mak.

As for Gandhi, eh... At least he wasn't a fucking kaffir.

Eep! :O

Isn't that literally the South African version of the n word?
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 1289 1290 [1291] 1292 1293 ... 1420